News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: markfamily on January 17, 2018, 05:47:26 AM
There seems to be one or two problems with this and cc the copper and silver are different and come up twice I have cc below this but should I have done it the other way around

thats 2 different things : CC = Silver, RK = Silver Ore. the silver from CC is very very very common and worth nothing : 3 value
mine worth hundreds of value and is extremly very rare.
probably same for gold

are you playing CC on top of the mod list ? or RK on top ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: grammycat on January 17, 2018, 06:00:21 AM
I also like the beta 5 and cannot express how much I'm enjoying this mod.  The textures are just right, the starts are beautiful, love the music-just a lovely mod.

i am VERY VERY HAPPY to hear that :)
and with new flora, it adds up for a very beautiful world :)

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 17, 2018, 06:34:56 AM

i didnt intended to put a dark roof on all productive buildings... it was my way to set things so you can know right away what is an housing and what is a commercial/production building just by the roof.
should I ?

Edit: what you mean by have to build the 2 buildings to gather resources ?

I like both roofs but would love the option of the dark one on the new stuff.  It's unique and has a stands out in a good way.  Love that look, actually.

I think what @grammycat is referring to are the buildings that come with New Flora.  The mod includes a flax gatherer building, a "new foods" gatherer, and a wild honey gatherer.  The vanilla gatherer doesn't collect those things so you need the buildings.  You could say better than I, of course, but I assume they have to be coded into the buildings because the only ones I've seen that collect those are kid's Forest Outpost and Necora's pine stuff.  Everything else I've played with you need the new flora buildings.

Actually, I've intentionally not tested outside of actual play and haven't used other mods with this because I want to get a feel for the flow of it alone, but since this comes up, I wonder how your flax will jibe with new flora...I've had it show up twice with certain combos of mods before.  Since your NMT tailor recipes include flax that could be really cool to have handy.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

markfamily

Thank you for the reply I have rk on top of everything apart from age mod and a few bits, loving the mod and thank you for your hard work

Maldrick

Oh, reminds me, something I noticed you might want to be aware of...

The one I'm playing now was an Easy start, which isn't my usual, but fun for a change.  Easy starts start with 5 or 6 houses.  The houses being loaded are the "NMT Little Houses" not the new wood houses.  Which is fine because they are the same, except the NMT ones don't have an upgrade button.  For people who do easy starts that might be helpful.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on January 17, 2018, 06:51:21 AM
I think what @grammycat is referring to are the buildings that come with New Flora.  The mod includes a flax gatherer building, a "new foods" gatherer, and a wild honey gatherer.  The vanilla gatherer doesn't collect those things so you need the buildings.  You could say better than I, of course, but I assume they have to be coded into the buildings because the only ones I've seen that collect those are kid's Forest Outpost and Necora's pine stuff.  Everything else I've played with you need the new flora buildings.

Actually, I've intentionally not tested outside of actual play and haven't used other mods with this because I want to get a feel for the flow of it alone, but since this comes up, I wonder how your flax will jibe with new flora...I've had it show up twice with certain combos of mods before.  Since your NMT tailor recipes include flax that could be really cool to have handy.

oh ok. yeah i personally edit the vanilla gatherer, one for the new mesh... and 2 i have plans also to gather other kind of food that is already setup in beta 06

about the flax, i use the CC flax files (NMT does too) so ... if Tanny used it too... should be all compatible

Quote from: markfamily on January 17, 2018, 06:54:43 AM
Thank you for the reply I have rk on top of everything apart from age mod and a few bits, loving the mod and thank you for your hard work

Ok great ! if you use CC on top, you wont get any of my stuff that spawns when the map is created. also the music...............

Quote from: Maldrick on January 17, 2018, 06:56:21 AM
Oh, reminds me, something I noticed you might want to be aware of...

The one I'm playing now was an Easy start, which isn't my usual, but fun for a change.  Easy starts start with 5 or 6 houses.  The houses being loaded are the "NMT Little Houses" not the new wood houses.  Which is fine because they are the same, except the NMT ones don't have an upgrade button.  For people who do easy starts that might be helpful.

oh right, i need to change that !!! thx

RedKetchup

i will need to do some things also to counter some "sneaky dirty effects"  ??? ;D ::)  from Tom Sawyer The North mod (even placed below RKEditorChoice)

Kristahfer

I have come across a problem with your RKEditorChoiceEdition and the Forest District mods. I am using CC:Journey with RKEditorChoiceEdition above and the Forest District between the two. (Mod list and load order below). I really like Black Liquid's work and the effort the @kralyerg has put into stand alone modules many of the components.

The Black Liquid work is fantastic and I keep hoping to see more stand alone modules made available. Why they seem to have abandoned their work and site is a speculation I chose to no delve into here.

I really like the editor and would like a little guidenance in where in the load order Forest District should be placed. Currently I receive dots for all of the stand alone districts and the main district container does not appear at all. Would like to be able to use both. Very fine work.

My mod list:

RidiculousStorage
RKEditorChoiceEdition
NMTForestCenter
ColonialCharterJ
banishedUItownnames
banishedUImaps
banishedUImod
banishedUImt
banishedUIprofessions
Gridlines
Hunting
Radius
oneyearisoneyear

RedKetchup

Place NMT Forest Center ontop of Editor you will have access to all forest center items.
i need to update the Lumbermill of Forest Center though, the numbers arent the same (it has the cc numbers which doesnt make sense to me)

You need to keep in mind that all the Forest Center items are in "Community Toolbar". In last beta of Editor i've move the Editor Lumbermill to the community icon. i shouldnt have done that and should have stayed in the vanilla resource toolbar. the effect you get is you see 2 lumbermill icon. 1 is from the Center, 1 is from the Editor at same place.

all the editor items (which were originally from center) are inside the vanilla toolbars and they are replacing the vanilla items made from Luke.

the intention is : include mods in Editor, in parts or in entirely. but if you want to use the original mod... it should be placed on top, always.

*** EDITED ***

Maldrick

This mod is a total conversion that has only been in beta for less than a week.  It's still being reworked in many ways and RK has said he's going to be adding new things during the coming weeks and months.

Which is not to say that it won't or shouldn't be compatible with CC or other mods.  But how about we give him some time and space to work on his own content before complicating it with how it works with other mods?  We need to be looking for bugs, balance issues, and possible changes and additions to suggest for this mod, right now.  It's still very early, yet.

RedKetchup

oh and for Black Liquid crew.... they are preparing the new MegaMod which will be soon available. only @kralyerg  is still working on the game, the others are kinda out.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on January 17, 2018, 11:24:55 PM
This mod is a total conversion that has only been in beta for less than a week.  It's still being reworked in many ways and RK has said he's going to be adding new things during the coming weeks and months.

Which is not to say that it won't or shouldn't be compatible with CC or other mods.  But how about we give him some time and space to work on his own content before complicating it with how it works with other mods?  We need to be looking for bugs, balance issues, and possible changes and additions to suggest for this mod, right now.  It's still very early, yet.

yeah exactly. only 1 mod will never be compatible with this (absolutely 0% compatible) is The North. CC is still some kind of compatible, like 80%, you just cant get the terrains and starting contidions.

Discrepancy

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 17, 2018, 11:21:00 PM
i need to update the Lumbermill of Forest Center though, the numbers arent the same (it has the cc numbers which doesnt make sense to me)

@RedKetchup , what are the Lumber production numbers you are using?

:)

RedKetchup

NMT3.0Series: Forest Center for 1.0.7 version 3.3 *Updated*

3.3 UPDATE:
- Changed the numbers of the Lumbermill stand-alone and Lumbermill District. instead to use 5 logs to make lumbers, you only need 2 logs now.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1996.msg44324#msg44324

Discrepancy