News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

in game, it is a bit smaller than i would have expected with its shape it has  :-X
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

It's a mighty fine foundry you made!
Don't bother about size. It is high enough to stand out.

Very nice!

RedKetchup

it is 6x6 with road. i like the 6x6 because it works perfect with 3x housing, works perfect with the market... and alot of my mesh 6x6 i did since couple of months

also about The Foundry:
the BS can do iron ore => iron and copper ore => copper .... but i asked to take 3 ores. the foundry only takes 2
a BS works for 5 work units, foundry 4 work units
so i made it so it is an avantage to build The Foundry

+ it can do gold bars and silver bars

i need to do some very minor adjustments.. .and the footprint.
but i wanted to see it in game :) and now i saw it... i can go to sleep ^^ it took me 11hrs to do this building.

Gatherer

Perhaps just change the texture on the lower door/window of the foundry furnace? Should be made of metal. Right now it has the same wood texture as the main doors.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on January 25, 2018, 02:56:49 PM
Perhaps just change the texture on the lower door/window of the foundry furnace? Should be made of metal. Right now it has the same wood texture as the main doors.

fixed :) (took the .png posted)

a made little various tweaks also.

and i elaborated the process and the values from gold ore/ silver ore to gold bar / silver bar.

i ve checked what CC did... i tweaked a bit the numbers

the value of silver ore was 3, the value of the bar was 12 , while the gold ore was 10 and the gold bar was 12 ... and they also take 18 value of industrial fuel...

here what i did:
silver ore : 12 , silver bar : 30
So you take 2 ore at 12 (24) + 3 coal at 6 (18) = 42 value. and you create 2-3 bars of 60-90 value (from 42 cost value) so you make 142%-214% profit

gold ore : 24, gold bar : 50
So you take 2 ore at 24 (48) + 3 coal at 6 (18) = 66 value. and you create 2-3 bars of 100-150 value (from 66 cost value) so you make 151%-227% profit

if you compare, Ale : you take 30 fruits (30 value) and get 7-10 ale at 8 value each. you do 186% to 266% profit

if you had another layer, taking those rare metals and make jewelries (+ also gems) you will able to make more profit from the original ores.

Maldrick

Looks amazing, RK.  Love the detail on the foundry.  Production chain sounds interesting.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on January 26, 2018, 03:34:03 AM
Looks amazing, RK.  Love the detail on the foundry.  Production chain sounds interesting.

this weekend should have a new beta build :)

changed some little details on the foundry: metal door... copper bars... the window shuttles.... fancy windows on the side...

and i made the build02 roof support and the ground footprint

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 26, 2018, 04:07:30 AM
this weekend should have a new beta build :)

Awesome!  Apologies if I've neglected testing for the past week.  I started discrepancy's modding tutorial out of curiosity one night and got completely sucked in.  Besides work and sleep, it's about all I've done since.  Simultaneously very fun and frustrating which is probably why it's addictive. :)  I definitely have new respect for yours and other modders'work.

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on January 26, 2018, 04:23:46 AM
  Simultaneously very fun and frustrating which is probably why it's addictive. :)  I definitely have new respect for yours and other modders'work.

HAHAHA real, it is addictive !

Discrepancy

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 26, 2018, 04:28:45 AM
Quote from: Maldrick on January 26, 2018, 04:23:46 AM
  Simultaneously very fun and frustrating which is probably why it's addictive. :)  I definitely have new respect for yours and other modders'work.

HAHAHA real, it is addictive !

yes it is :)

RedKetchup

now i need to think something for making my Jewel Maker :P
thats what i ll work on tonight

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 26, 2018, 06:35:50 PM
now i need to think something for making my Jewel Maker :P
thats what i ll work on tonight

i've put some hours so far... but i am still have no idea where i am going with this LOL

RedKetchup

starting to decorate ^^

EDIT: more details

Gatherer

Honestly I don't know what to think of this jewel maker building. To me it looks more as a residential building. But then I guess there isn't any good RL example to work with. Perhaps it should look more "workshoppy". But that's just my opinion.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

nan i ve searched and found nothing.