Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 28, 2018, 04:28:32 PM
Quote from: Hawk on January 28, 2018, 03:02:33 PM
Looks good to me.

Is the profit variance so different traders will pay different prices?

the profit variance is UnEducated / Educated

DUH!!!! I should have known that. LOL!

To me, if you're testing a mod, it should not include other mods that could have any affect on the mod you're testing. Those other mods are great for playing but could have unknown affects on the mod being tested that could cause confusion for the modder & tester.
The mods I chose to add do not have any affect on Red's mod so I felt it was safe to use them. I've not used the Materials Store or the Flora mod but it seems that, because Red has included flowers and thatch, the Flora mod could have some affect on testing, and the Materials Store could have the possibility of not catching any possible shortcomings with storage/distribution of what Red has added to his mod.

Please feel free to correct my thoughts if you feel I'm a little off base.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

for me, it can be also testing about compatibility with other mods....
but till you have mine ontop of the mod list
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Good point Red. I've been playing it as a stand alone mod.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

testing a couple of few changes... and if its good, i am gonna upload BetaTest06.zip  :)

RedKetchup

Beta test 06 .zip has arrived !!! the download link has been sent, check your PMs :)

Please let me know if you see someting wrong... i dont know if it is "save compatible" or not.... let me know  :P

ENJOY!!

Hawk

I didn't think about testing save compatibility. I've already deleted all my older plays. Sorry!  :-[
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Turis

Quote from: Hawk on January 29, 2018, 03:29:11 AM
I didn't think about testing save compatibility. I've already deleted all my older plays. Sorry!  :-[
Start a new game and save it then install the new mod and restart it.

RedKetchup

someone in PM told me it was save compatible :)

Maldrick

@RedKetchup Awesome!  Looking forward to checking out the new stuff
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

for next build, i am gonna add a bunch of stuff that were in medieval 2.04 and update it to 3.0. they will mainly be all the individual food process buildings they werent fitting under the multifloors (smokehouse, salt house , dry house... that kind of stuff)

Hawk

Now that I see what it looks like after moving those three houses to allow the vanilla market to fit in the square in an easy start, I'm not so sure it was such a good idea. It kind of throws the square out of whack, as far as roads go. LOL!
Now both the vanilla market and your market fit in that square, but what do we do with the extra space when your market is built?  :-\

I really didn't think you would make those changes for release. I was just curious. Now I know.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Gatherer

Plenty of room for decorations methinks.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Hawk

Yea, that's true. I just never get that far in a map. Once I get everything built and running, I'm ready to start a new map.  ;)
Besides, when it comes to decorating, that's not one of my fortes.  ::)

I see the Gatherer now collects different types of berries, wild berries I assume. But where do the eggs come from; wild ducks or chickens?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

yup it is one of the new feature :) the wild grass will spawn tons of new things :) all kind of berries but also the gatherers can put the hands on some wild bird nests :)

and i know you guys like it ^^

Maldrick

Very interesting, Red.  I've never used ND, just your fodder and additional forest spawns like New Flora and Maritimes stuff.

At the risk of a spoiler, is it worth building a gatherer in the grassy areas to harvest these new spawns?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze