News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: adelegarland on February 01, 2018, 06:42:11 AM
1. Early on in the game I found that some of the older buildings (from other mods) still require thatch/fodder for building, I thought a fodder farmer would establish an area just for growing fodder so I wouldn't have to harvest it manually.

2. I saw that there is a manual harvest for fodder, but I'm not sure where there is a Fodder farmer in the Editor Choice - I'll look again for a farmer!

None of the buildings in Red's Editor's Choice need thatch/fodder to build them.

The Fodder Farmer that is a part of Red's Editor's Choice and works basically the same as a Forester. The Fodder Farmer plants and harvests fodder, which is used by the Stable (along with water), which then produces fertilizer which is needed for greenhouses.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

brads3

@adelegarland  i shake your hand that is 1 way to do it. throw everything at it at once and see what hapens. i would have moved it lower in the mod order though.it would be neat to know how the mods you shut down would react then. then too the CC comp mod might be more helpful. did you use the debug to find errors and save you from finding them mid-game?with an extensive mod like this,the debug and checking trade posts or townhall inventories can find blank tags quickly.

i agree with the other testers,that it originally needed tested alone to find bugs.it is neat to see it tested with other mods. i am curious as to how other mods will work with it,when placed above it. you do have a lot of mods,glad you have no errors.yes i know several like the fodder and nat div aren't needed now.however it might have been interesting to see what would hapen with them enabled. sometimes a test like that will give a wierd or odd change.when the 2 were tested originally we had fodder and flowers all over the maps. sometimes the game will do different than what we expect. sometimes crazy leads to discovery.LOL

Hawk

Red adjusted the fodder and flowers so that they aren't near as dense as they were.

Plus, as I mentioned, the Fodder Farmer is part of Red's mod so a secondary fodder mod is no longer needed.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Fodder Farmers: there is one somewhere in the toolbars, and his job is right what you said, etablish a circle with just fodder and harvest it when they are mature :)

and there is a manual feature too in case you need some fodder real quick :)

i have 1 building in RK Edition that needs fodder in order to build the building : Apiary
if you use other mod that need fodder it will be compatible.

also the stables need fodder as input.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 01, 2018, 07:06:01 AM
i have 1 building in RK Edition that needs fodder in order to build the building : Apiary
if you use other mod that need fodder it will be compatible.

I missed that one.  :-[
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

doesnt Nat Div have some buildings that use Fodder ? these buildings should still work, but you justwont have their starting conditions and their map spawnings.
but the buildings will work perfectly

edit : in nat div 1.0.1 post:

Future plans
-   Extended production chain for thatch, to add more uses

i didnt see buildings

adelegarland

Hi all
I've removed Nat Div and DS Terrains completely - also NMT3.1 Canals and New medieval town v 2.04.1.0.6.   Kid's Forest outpost and a fee others were created to use thatch, but Fodder works fine! I liked the little thatch farmer that was in Nat Div, I usually created an area just for growing and harvesting my grasses for thatch.   I like the Editor's Choice better because I harves fodder and it turns to thatch instantly, skipping a step!  Nice!
I'm still seeing a bunch of dots instead of icons, I think because I have Red's individual mods still installed and they are trying to show up in the community toolbar at the same time as the ones from Editor's Choice.   See the picture...
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 01, 2018, 07:11:34 AM

i didnt see buildings

i just placed Nat Div after, below, RK Choice.

you dont get the starting condition random map but out of that, the mod works great !!!

in resource , you will find a Nat Div building which act the exact same way as Fodder Farmer. The difference, the foresters with plant Nat Div Grass which will spawn Nat Div wild food :)

and also, Nat Div will change the building requirement of the Wood house. it still has my model but it will require + 12 fodder-thatch to build the woodhouse. and thats ok :)

work great !! i would say 90% compatible  8)

RedKetchup

Quote from: adelegarland on February 01, 2018, 07:28:01 AM

I'm still seeing a bunch of dots instead of icons, I think because I have Red's individual mods still installed and they are trying to show up in the community toolbar at the same time as the ones from Editor's Choice.   See the picture...

can you tell me which one that cause dots ?
(we know about Forester center which need to be put on top)

RedKetchup

I've removed Nat Div

i would say keep it and place below :) you wont have the random map but you get it work perfectly :)

adelegarland

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 01, 2018, 07:33:33 AM

can you tell me which one that cause dots ?
(we know about Forester center which need to be put on top)
You're right the dots are the forest center!  Problem solved! 

RedKetchup

Quote from: adelegarland on February 01, 2018, 07:48:22 AM

You're right the dots are the forest center!  Problem solved!

when i ll make a build that i know it wont be save compatible, i ll fix that. i prefer to wait because it will surely not be save compatible.

RedKetchup

the next ones to do tonight : The Old Smokery, The Dry Shack, The Old Saltery, and The Pottery Shop

we are thursday ... i think we will be good to have Open Beta in the weekend :)

adelegarland

I'm going to try your suggestion @RedKetchup and put Nat Div back in,  I also have the Flax Patch, New Pine Flora, and Pine set loaded just after

Forest center
RK Ed Choice
Storage Stash
Specialized Stock piles (Delver)
and another 190 mods LOL

So will be

Forest center
RK Ed Choice
Storage Stash
Specialized Stock piles (Delver)
Nat Div V1.1

I'll have to start a new game so I'll be back in a few hours with news  Thanks all.

RedKetchup