News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis de la Rive

Not knowing work or investment, I find these very generous. If you have the needed buildings cost a lot and make work a large number then you can find a nice balance, without changing the numbers. You can also reduce the uneducated output, and have a larger range so that a greater profit can be made form educated workers. It takes a lot of time and skill to make jewelry.

Nilla

Thank you very much. I´ve found out the categories by building the most likely charts to look, where the goods landed. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on March 23, 2018, 06:04:01 PM
Not knowing work or investment, I find these very generous. If you have the needed buildings cost a lot and make work a large number then you can find a nice balance, without changing the numbers. You can also reduce the uneducated output, and have a larger range so that a greater profit can be made form educated workers. It takes a lot of time and skill to make jewelry.

first you need to mine in the random open sky mine. and find gems. 1 chance on 21 to get an uncut gem (4.76% chance)
second you need to get good RNG about getting the best gems cuts.
third : uneducation cut any profit almost in half, at least the the highest ones, (lose one third or one quarter in lowest..)
fourth: you can buy gems from merchants, but merchant should sell only 1 or very few at the time. and if you preorder, you should pay more than its value.

16 working units to cut a gem, 20 work units to make a fancy jewelry.

buildings cost materials :
Gem Cutter : 8 wood, 24 lumber, 16 stones, 18 bricks, 6 glass, 40 working units.
Jewel Maker : 8 wood, 24 lumber, 16 stones, 18 bricks, 6 glass, 40 working units.

Open sky Random mine : 42 wood, 80 work units to build, miners get 1 RNG every 40 work units.
(the 2 other mines thats doesnt give gems cost about the same, and need same working time to get a RNG.)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Denis de la Rive

Very nice numbers, it makes more sense this way. It is a great idea to make it so hard to get the raw materials. I like the way you have found balance! :)

Nilla

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on March 23, 2018, 07:07:31 PM
Very nice numbers, it makes more sense this way. It is a great idea to make it so hard to get the raw materials. I like the way you have found balance! :)

Yes! This is ingenious!

RedKetchup

presently i am working to add a smaller and cheaper Trading post just for selling your seeds and livestock :)

i took my original 3D and i've cut it from 14 tiles width to 8 tiles and deleted alot of things and moved things around to make something out of it :)

(on screen 2 , i need to fix a little thing though ^^ the step is high sometimes, i need to add a custom ground to the pasture part ^^)

RedKetchup

Good news everyone :)

the Medieval School is back :)

Nilla

:)
The port doesn't look too small, so I think 1/3 of vanilla is reasonable (unless it's very cheap).

I could have used the school in my present game.

RedKetchup

just did a couple of fixes about the smaller barns interaction. bannies were going to the sides of the smaller barns instead to go at the doors.
when beta 12 will be release, people will have to delete the smaller barns and rebuild those, they will see their graphic turned 90 degres

Nilla

When you're looking at barns, maybe you can also think about the content of the forest barn. I thin it's fine, that it can hold the normal things that are produced in the forest; food, textiles (leather) and logs but my barns are full of fodder, bricks and lumber so there's no space left for any food. I would take away building material, stone, ores..... Even if the forester may get some of these materials at the beginning, it's just for a short time.

galensgranny

I am with Nilla on the contents of the forest barn.  Mine is getting full of sand, clay, bricks and rooftiles.  I  have a materials store next to the sand, clay and kilns, but the bannies like to carry the bricks, sand and clay into the forest 

Maybe you can make one of your mini barns hold materials like the ores and stone, things a forester might wind up picking up as he is planting new trees.

brads3

i disagree.many times the forester is placed where he will gather excess stonea nd ores.plus the thatch-fodder is lie firewood to the houses out there. in a pine forest there are other items collected as well,pine pitch and boughs.different way of playing. i think the % or priority of storage space could be adjusted to help store more food though.

galensgranny

Quote from: brads3 on March 27, 2018, 04:43:33 AM
i disagree.many times the forester is placed where he will gather excess stonea nd ores.plus the thatch-fodder is lie firewood to the houses out there. in a pine forest there are other items collected as well,pine pitch and boughs.different way of playing. i think the % or priority of storage space could be adjusted to help store more food though.

That would be a good solution, adjusting the forest barn to store more food than the other items.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on March 27, 2018, 03:20:56 AM
When you're looking at barns, maybe you can also think about the content of the forest barn. I thin it's fine, that it can hold the normal things that are produced in the forest; food, textiles (leather) and logs but my barns are full of fodder, bricks and lumber so there's no space left for any food. I would take away building material, stone, ores..... Even if the forester may get some of these materials at the beginning, it's just for a short time.

bah they got construction cause originally, lumbermill was a forest center district. and construction now can be alot of things... bricks... glass... copper....thatch...

thats the flags allowed :
   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Tool | Health | Fuel | Wood | Textile | Grain | Vegetable | Fruit | Protein | Custom5;

i can take out the construction of it (custom5).

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on March 27, 2018, 04:43:33 AM
i think the % or priority of storage space could be adjusted to help store more food though.

i cannot set a % or any priority for specific flags. you can only do that to markets, not storage.