News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

sure ask the guy that gets kicked out trying to salt fish and feed bees. when i tested with the north above i had issues between  "gold" and "gold ore" same with silver and "gems" different terms for same items. i did adjust the my precious mod above RK EC in this game though.i will see what happens if these bannies decide to co-operate. from memory the precious mine took a lot of work time to produce anything.

Nilla

I'll give you some actual numbers: I have made some notes before and just looked into my 7 mines: Each mine has 6 miners, none is upgraded.

Annual number of gems: 2 - 3 - 0 - 4 - 5 - 0 - 5 - 0 - 2 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 2 =36 gems/13*6 miner

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 27, 2018, 10:15:48 AM
i also put all the profession in alpha order :)

i did like CC:
laborer first
builder 2nd
farmer 3rd
-------------
all the others in order.

Thanks!  That is good.

brads3

RED,i was reading about the forest center piece over at BL. a decorative barn yard piece that does similar for farm areas might be interesting.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on March 27, 2018, 10:32:13 AM
Are there other precious things, people like to buy from the merchants who also disappears?

bah yeah, all the flag import will disappear.

Quote from: Nilla on March 27, 2018, 10:32:13 AM

What about merchants buying precious? Do they still want to buy my jewels? I hope so, otherwise it would be bad.

of course, all the merchants are still buying everything that is precious.

Quote from: brads3 on March 27, 2018, 02:47:31 PM
RED,i was reading about the forest center piece over at BL. a decorative barn yard piece that does similar for farm areas might be interesting.

an open field barn ? and what it would store ? only food ? there are already some building for that , root cellar and granary.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

was thinking of something like the  center to the forest district that creates random items. but instead of forest items,it could give random homestead items. say flour,apples,butter,coats,firewood,etc. stuff that people would have made themself at their homes during the winter months. maybe a park-like square with a work shed,small animal pen,an apple tree,some flowers or a garden. something that could be placed next to a house to make a nice farmette or homestead setting.

RedKetchup

i'll try to keep it in mind :) although i kinda abandonned the "center" idea with districts because it is a very strange way to do things or at least unique and not common...
i had one in mind, a mining center.... but didnt get into it yet.

will see

RedKetchup

so i was checking about the idea of minimize icons on everything that has a worker.....

i did tried to make a batch of those. and noticed some things happening.

some are OK like TP... TH... hospitals/clinic/barber/etc like this, schools....

but when the UI has a feature to toggle to statistics UI like previous/current year... it doesnt work. not with that code at least. i copied over the same "2 paragraph" that is used to get the minimize button in each template and when it has a current/previous year window ....

it prevails and switch to statistic UI when we click on minimize. it doesnt minimize , instead it switch to statistics. as you can see to the right of the screen. all those place have stats and doesnt work that way. not with that code. i dont know if i can make something different.

the very little title bars in middle right are those working fine.

the market in middle left is not working, nothing happends when you click on it.

and everything to the left, are those i didnt put the 2 paragraphs code yet.
and if you compare screenshot 2 , from those not done yet... if i took out all those i know they have a statistic sheets and which wont work... whats left are those i am sure it will work OK.

RedKetchup

So, so far i have a minimize on : Townhall, Lighthouse, TradingPost, TP Seeds, Hospital, Clinic, BarberShop, Dentist, Bathhouse, Cathedral, School and Medieval School.

I did not succeed to put minimize button on anything that has already another page like production windows or storage windows.

RedKetchup

so i tweaks some numbers about mining , values , and work times on many things....

i am presently working on the wild deadwood spawns which will be harvested and converted to firewood
so far i made 3 models :) and will work on the code for those :)

RedKetchup

So now when you create a new map (although probably you will see it in the future inside your saved games.....)
you will find a new wild resource on the ground :)

The Dead Woods.
those can be harvested by your gatherers and will give 3-4 firewood :)
can also be harvested manually with a new icon toolbar : Collect Dead wood.

Discrepancy

:) I like that! it is a very good fallen tree model. Well done.

Nilla

Agree! Looks great. I'm looking forward on next version. I'll try to give you some numbers from my "mining game" later.

galensgranny

Those dead fallen branches look great!  Being able to gather dead wood is a good addition to the game.

Abandoned

:) Downed trees look very nice.  Dead wood to gather, very nice indeed.