News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Early Spring? Bears just awake from the Winter and ravishing hungry? Those Bannies are toast!

RedKetchup

Just found a typo error !
The big Foundry has a typo that says it takes 3 iron ore and 3 copper ores to make an iron and a copper.
The Foundry should only need 2 of those. it was effectively taking 2, it was a typo only.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

found another error : BostonHouses2 building material: the tooltip is ok, but it wasnt following it, instead to take lumber/stone/glass... it was only asking for wood.

nobody was playing beta 13 :( nor they did any beta testing and checking things :(

RedKetchup

found another : Goat Meat didnt had its little graphic icon.

Hawk

Something else you might want to check out. I tried loading a Shepherd game 6 times. It says you get 2 livestock but on four of those times I only got 1. This is on a large terrain size.
Once I got long horned cattle (spotted and solid color), twice I got goats and once I got sheep.
Finally on the fifth and sixth try I got Long horned cattle and sheep.

Also, it says you start with 16 tools, 16 cloth (I assume that means coats), 1200 food, 120 firewood and 30 wood. All I'm getting is tools, hide coats and food. No firewood or wood.

On Shepherd I get a cart. On Farmer I get a barn. Is there a reason for that? Farmer seems to load OK.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

embx61

I just started a test run Shepherd Medium Map and get 2 livestock. Longhorn and sheep.
I think because there is no stockpile set in the map start by Red there are no logs and Firewood because there is no storage for it.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

the thing with the RNG at the start of the game is you can get 2X times the same thing. it was also the same with crops and orchards. But those 2 since the list is extremly long, the chance to get 2 times the same is very very rare. Livestock list is very small so instead to get 2x 6 animals, you sometimes get 1x 12 animals (you get 2 times 6 animal of the same breed)

but... i wanted to do something and i should reverse it: i prefered to have some kind of shepherd herd: sheep, goat, some kind of wild cow...
instead to give the chance for the full list of livestock. i will gonna delete that change and give opportinity to have something like bison and ducks ^^

Effectively, we should get 120 firewood and 30 wood. and they arent there.
I know what it is missing, a stockpile to receive those !!

Thanks you for your report ! thats a good one ! :)

i will allow the full list of the Livestock and i will put a stockpile down there.

----------

about shepherd versus farmer : i imagined shepherd are more like going in the wilderness and feed their herds with the grass in meadows... so i thought a cart would be better. while farmers they more have the same crops that doesnt move year after year at same place, and a very little barn was more appropriate

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on June 18, 2018, 03:48:50 AM
I think because there is no stockpile set in the map start by Red there are no logs and Firewood because there is no storage for it.

yeah thats exactly i figured out, thanks

embx61

Some very minor things you maybe want to change. Not game breaking at all.

NMT Little houses have a red border while it not opening up a next toolbar.
To be consistent with the rest I would get rid of the red borders for those so players not think it will open up a next toolbar.
Buttons for multi floor houses are positioned level3 level1 level2 . Logical would be 1 2 3.

Like I said, very, very minor but should be very easy to fix in a next build :)

RedKetchup

embx61

No worry bro and you are welcome.
I miss those little things all the time.

So far it all looks very good and congrats on the release. :)
I know it had to be a helluva job to put it all together.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on June 18, 2018, 05:23:23 AM
So far it all looks very good and congrats on the release. :)
I know it had to be a helluva job to put it all together.

thanks yeah it had so much new stuff.
the mod project started as : a collection of my mods to .... a totally new mod with a strong theme.

screenshot of all the previous fix : bigger list of livestock and a stockpile for the shepherd starter. fixed the nmt little housing icons, and fixed the order of the multi-lvl icons.

RedKetchup

lets hope before tomorrow, people will help and try to find all those little things.
so i can release the Live version 1.0 :)

Abandoned

Great mod, Red.  Sorry I can't help test right now but am eager to try it soon.  I am hoping full version will run okay on my laptop.  I am glad there is a light version, nice. 

RedKetchup

if you choose a small map, it should run very smoothly