News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Ultimate Challenge: 5,000 Citizens

Started by solarscreen, August 13, 2014, 09:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

It's no secret we have some amazing Banished players on the forum.  Whether you are new to Banished or have played since the game was released, you can learn something new from every challenge we have here.

Since Banished was released, I have seen only a few towns over 4,000 and one of those I'm not sure was functional at that level after the methods used to achieve that population.  Two 4,000 plus towns have happened here at WOB.

Those two members have agreed to take on the first Ultimate Challenge: 5,000 citizens

Now if you have been lurking and not playing but you think you can take on this challenge, I invite you to join in. I dare you to join in!

The rules are simple:  Any seed, any settings. No deadline. Build out your map until you reach 5,000 population.  Blog your progress in the Village Blogs sub-forum at least once a week, even if you had no game time that week.

The first to achieve 5,000 will be crowned our Ultimate Champion. Those who achieve 5,000 afterwards can join the ranks of this elite status.

Let the games begin! And, may the odds be ever in your favor!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

mariesalias

I look forward to seeing others' towns! Good Luck to everyone who chooses to do this challenge!

RedKetchup

My Candidate will be : Cheyenne , a 8167 seed Large valley on medium fair start.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=324.0

You'll be able to follow its progression :) in my blog :  Red Ketchup - Cheyenne : A future 5000+ pop village.

Bobbi

There is no possible way I could join this challenge. The lag at over 1000 on my PC is torturous.

solarscreen

@irrelevant you are in this as well aren't you?  Just getting the thread up-to-date!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

irrelevant

@solarscreen  yes I am! Off to a slow start however. I'll start a blog this weekend.

RedKetchup

yeah he was too picky with seeds ^^^haha, just kidding :)

irrelevant

You're right! And all that fussing around probly won't make any difference. Each seed comes with its own problems.

ivorymalinov

Oh dear. lol. This challenge would kill my computer  :o. Goodluck to all who take part.

RedKetchup

slink

rkelly17

RedKetchup

thanks :) i could be more proud of the city ... but bad coding made me upset alot ^^ still 5366 :)

Nilla

Congratiulations, be proud of it.
You can always say; It could have bin better, that is Banished and the reason we all play it over and over again, always finding new challenges.