News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Tree bridge

Started by River, July 03, 2021, 09:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

What I think would be nice, is a fallen tree bridge, like the fishing log in Kid's Hobbit set. Would be natural, and easy to set up over a creek, or even a big one over the river.
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

galensgranny

It's not quite what you are wanting, but Discrepancy has a bridge with a few logs lashed together in his DS Bridge Crossing mod at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=230

River

Thanks but I already have that.
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

Abandoned

Good suggestion @River   I have made note for future possibility.  :)

Glenn

From memory I think Kid has a fishing weir and a beaver pond that also act as bridges - a few dead trees across them may do the trick

Abandoned

Yes, Forest Trader has beaver dam that works like a bridge but look at picture here, Hobbit fishing tree almost reaches across the small stream.  Maybe would only need to have road tiles or something added to convert to a bridge. 

kid1293

:) Okay. You stand on that side. I stand on this.
Then we pull! ;D

Abandoned

;D ;D ;D  Stretching the limbs  ;D  sounds like work or exercise  ;D   ???

kid1293

It could be fun. No big river. Just streams. :)
In case of rain we wait ;D

Abandoned

No river crossing, it would have to be an awfully tall fallen tree and then boatman would have to find alternate route  ???  Only matching fishing tree for river, tree bridge for streams.  :)

kid1293

@River

Well, so far (if I stretch really far) I have a tree that is working fine.

I don't know if it will be bundled with other models later...

Glenn

The tree bridge is another simple idea that adds something new and special to the game

River

Kid, once again you have risen to the occasion. Great job!!

And, I am wondering, but you might want to put a mushroom farm in your next Hobbits version.....as hobbits are nuts for mushrooms. lol

kid1293

Like this? :)

I will update Hobbits later.

River

Oh, yeah, perfect!!!!!

Would it be possible to make the tree bridge longer, to cross the rivers? If not it's alright, it's a great mod. Thank you.