News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Prospectors

Started by River, August 05, 2021, 09:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

I know that Tom has prospectors in his "The North" mod, but it might be fun to have a smaller, separate mod for regular Banished.

They could mine the streams and/or rivers for gold, have Tents for housing, western style shops, including an assayer for weighing the gold for it's value, etc.

Some ready made foods could be a community stewpot and/or beans, and roasted rabbit. Just a small starter mod. Wouldn't even really need an special starter conditions, I would think "mountain rivers" which are already on several maps would do fine.This mod could work well with Kid's Settlers, and the Native American Mod.

Just a thought.
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

brads3

there is the "my precious" mod that brings gold and silve ore to the map. there is a mine and a dredger to get ores from the river. as well as a smelter to make gold and silver bars or coins.due to the value of the goods outputs are low. it is a nice mod but slow. it is also an older mod so the items are flagged under the textiles not precious items. you will need to place this mod high in the order  due to the flag changes.

brads3

it is a CC mod and should be on their site.

River

I was thinking more of a single mod, complete with the river mining, and buildings.
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

Abandoned

My Precious is a single mining mod with river mining and buildings.

I used it with the North in North Mining Town #13 and I use it in story #8 Mountain Mines with an assortment of Kid Mods including Kid Market Food with has roasting spits and a stew pot.

River

Oh, ok. The way he described it, sounded like several mods. I'll try that one. Thank you.

River

I looked at the downloads on the BlackLiquid site, and searched there with "My Precious" and nothing there. Do you have a link? Thank you.

brads3

someone move this to the download section, please.

River