News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Flashing Buildings

Started by Littlelambsy, November 08, 2021, 10:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Littlelambsy

I notice that under some of my buildings they flash white. Does anyone know why they do this and how I can fix it? I tried flattening the ground before building but it still does it. It's very annoying. I'm playing with Megamod 8.

kid1293

@Littlelambsy

That is because the building has no bottom surface.
The sunlight 'seeps out'.

If it is one of my buildings I can fix it.

Littlelambsy

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's any of your buildings. One I notice it with is the Old Barn and the Oil press in the food section. It's weird because in some places it doesn't happen, then in other places it does. And I've noticed it with other type buildings. Sometimes the building works fine until I place a building close to it, then it starts flashing. If I remove the flashing building then the other one stops. To fix the problem I cover the ground under the building with the ghost floor tiles. Then I don't see it flashing.   I hope that all makes sense 

kid1293

It makes sense. The ghosted floor acts as a bottom to the building.

Littlelambsy

So that's why it stops flashing. I just thought I couldn't see it but it was still flashing LOL. Do  you have any idea why these buildings sometimes flash?  I just placed the old barn in another location and it works perfectly. Yet in the other location it flashes. Sometimes these buildings cause other placed buildings to flash when they didn't before. Its really weird. 

kid1293

Well, if the ground is the least uneven, there will sometimes be a gap between
the building and the ground.
If the building has no bottom, the sunshine will 'seep' out in that gap and cause it
to be very white or flickering.
This does not happen if the building has a bottom. The bottom itself casts a shadow,
so no light seams.

Banished is not perfect. There are several issues with the graphics.

Littlelambsy

Thanks Kid, I was worried that the game had gone haywire and would crash. So I can live with it now, I just won't look LOL
You've been very helpful thanks  :)