News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Corn in the North?

Started by River, May 25, 2022, 04:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

Again, still playing the North, I have noticed that growing corn seems to not be available naturally, so I added the NMTCrops mod.....still no corn available. Did Tom make that just totally not available for the North?
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

MarkAnthony

I forget Tom's website addy but he has a mod you can add called NewCrops. This mod is not included in North 6.2 or North 7 so you have to add it.

"Crops from the new World to add to Nordic towns when reaching the 19th century or whenever you want."

So find out his website (again sorry, lost my link) and look for his other individual addons, the one called NewCrops. I would think it contains Corn. I haven't played North in a while so I forget what crop types it contains. If you cannot find it let me know and I could email you a copy.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

Something else came to mind. You won't necessarily get a map that starts with the NewCrops or Red's NMTCrops but I am thinking that by adding those mods you can get them from the Traders who visit your trading posts, and then you buy the seeds for those crops from them.

MarkAnthony

I think Tom's website is called Banished Ventures, something like that.

Glenn

River

REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

River

I must be blind, lol, as I checked every page there, and every link, I cannot find "NewCrops".

MarkAnthony

I think he posted a link to it in one of his comment sections but I forget for which post.

If you wish, send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you the NewCrops.pkm in a .zip file. Gmail won't allow me to send an actual .pkm file so I have to zip it up.

MarkAnthony

@River

I sent you a PM letting you know I have to go to bed, 3:30 am wake-up for work! I have the email all ready with the file attached. If you cannot respond in the next 10 minutes I will check back here after I wake up and send it to you then. I just need your addy.

RedKetchup

Mark, corn is basic provided by the game itself (by the developper)
this is the reason you dont find it in mods.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

Hey there =)

Since North7, corn can be bought only from Hanseatic merchants, who have access to fancy stuff of the New World or so. That means it is rare and becomes available rather late in game. Same with potatoes and pumpkins. I just updated the wiki page: www.banishedventures.com/wiki/corn

The additional mod is no longer needed and was removed from my downloads.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 26, 2022, 02:40:06 AM
Hey there =)

Since North7, ...
The additional mod is no longer needed and was removed from my downloads.
Hey @Tom Sawyer thank you for the update. I get a little giddy inside when I can remove a mod from my ModMan collection currently at 467 mods, well... 466 now that I can remove NewCrops!   :P 

Hey Tom, in another post I just asked for a copy of your IronWoman mod that you made for Nilla. I'd like to try it; may I get a copy of it please? I didn't see it on your website or here at WoB either.

Tom Sawyer

I think that was just a copy of the ironman mod, with a pink icon and for fun. Can't even find the file anymore.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 26, 2022, 07:30:24 AM
I think that was just a copy of the ironman mod, with a pink icon and for fun. Can't even find the file anymore.
Oh! I thought Nilla said it was the same as IronMan (the same difficulties) but with Vanilla's aging, so I inferred from that that you made a special version for her. Nah, thanks... I don't need any pink icons:P

If you found yourself bored for 15 minutes, would you consider making that version? It actually sounded interesting.

Tom Sawyer

I see, so it was the speed version of it. Makes more sense then. Added as a new download under www.banishedventures.com/mods/ironman/

without pink! ;D