News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Empty field and ghosted road as deco

Started by PlumSeed, September 08, 2022, 03:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlumSeed

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a mod that gives an empty field as deco (preferably ghosted). I would like to place it like an ordinary field and put whatever crops/flowers/scarecrow I want on it. For the moment I use Kid's Farmyard (I really like that one) but I want to also create my own without the production. 

Also I would like to put a ghosted empty field under some houses and buildings to remove the green edge between them and the road. I know some people are looking for ghosted road (I would greatly appreciate that too, with simply the vanilla dirt and stone textures).

I switch between RKEC and The North (with a bunch of "smaller" mods). I don't play with CC... and the MegaMod I don't even want to talk about it... after 25min of loading screen my patience gave up lol and my poopy laptop almost melted ^^.   

Thank you for your help and thank the modders for all their work. Luke made a great game but modders make its posterity.

*Edit: just to be more precise, vanilla texture for the empty field (I already have the very useful empty one with no texture made by Necora)

Abandoned

@PlumSeed  You can use the vanilla crop field and vanilla orchard for deco - place field or orchard but do not assign a farmer or crop to the field.  You can place all the ghosted deco you want on the field.  I've done it many times.

brads3

KID has s few mods that might help.  1, i think it might be the settler's deco mod, has a flower bed that you can stretch into a field. he also has several flower decorations that could be used. the farmyard mod does have deco crops  that you can use to make a variety of decorative crop fields with. he also has the deco plants mod that has grasses that can be used under houses to dress up the edges.

i know of no ghosted version that houses can be placed on. there are a few road mods with different grass textures that can be used to make lawns near them though. the grassyroads mod even has an invisible road and a brighter grass. these will block regrowth of trees and bushes.

Glenn

PlumSeed

Thanks @Abandoned @brads3 @Glenn for your answer.

Abandoned, unless I misunderstood you, if I use the vanilla crop field without assigning workers there will be a little yellow sign on top of it (unless I deactivate all signs in the game options) right?

brads3, you reminded me Kid' Settlers mod, it was on my to-download list ^^. Indeed, the flower bed is a good option (and the deco are very nice too). Sometimes I put some crops and flowers on a pasture. I like to see chickens roaming around them (that would be not a good idea irl though^^). I use Kid's, Voeille's and Jinxie's among others. 

Glenn, I appreciate your suggestion. In fact, I would prefer a ghosted road with a kind of dirt/gravel/dust texture to mimic a frequent circulation (I don't know if I express myself clearly, I'm struggling so much in english...takes me a life just to write a post lol).

Abandoned

@PlumSeed, oh yes, that is right.  I never thought of that, I have played so long with those yellow signs deactivated that I forgot about them.  Hmmm... don't know if you could hide them with a plant.  If not, you would need to deactivate all.

You are doing just fine with English  :)