News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

My bannies being evicted!!

Started by CathyM, January 16, 2023, 07:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CathyM

Just today I had the weirdest glitch! It started after I'd played a while - I was in year 6 or 7. Literally out of nowhere, my houses started being emptied, my bannies were reported as homeless - and in one version, they just stood around doing nothing as they were listed as "working"! And when the empty houses started being filled, they were only filled with males - I did have a slight excess of males, but not that many, and I've never seen this very weird version of the "only males at home" glitch (which I've gotten several times before). :( :(

I'm using RedKetchup's mods for medieval village, but not all of them, and the clothing mod... I've played dozens of games w/o changing the mods at all, so this is not due to adding a new piece. Anyone have any ideas, aside from giving up that town?? Thanks!

RedKetchup

it is not some resources created that would block the path ? like tools or food backets ....  ? citizens don t have the permision to walk on same tile that has a resource on it.
did you left some space in front of buildings that create resources ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

CathyM

Thanks for the suggestion - I will check. The houses were in various places, so if the goods are scattered around, it would only be because the barns and supplies areas are full, and I believe they are not. But I will look. It happened repeatedly as I went back to an auto-save and played through the couple months again and again, trying to avoid things that might have caused it. (Love your mods, BTW - that's why I'm still playing after years... just so fun!)

catty-cb

Quote from: CathyM on January 16, 2023, 07:13:41 PM
Just today I had the weirdest glitch! It started after I'd played a while - I was in year 6 or 7. Literally out of nowhere, my houses started being emptied, my bannies were reported as homeless

ditto, I've also had the situation where they not only were homeless my bannies were ending up on the far corner of the map as well and it was instant one minute they would in the village next they were at the edge of the map, it was happening so regularly that I ended up building a road and bridges to the spot and adding some shacks, etc so they would have somewhere to stay when they ended up there.

Hasn't happened since I blow away the map and restarted again, was using the greenhouses from the out of the world mod and haven't used any in new map .... but that's only because I haven't got that far in this new map

kid1293

Hmm. I think that the OOTW tubes can easily limit movement if you are not careful.
You can maybe build yourself 'inside' a maze and never get away=homeless.
Tell me if the problem shows up again.

CathyM

Well, it turned out to be something similar - alerted to look for obstacles, I discovered there was a bridge that for whatever reason had one piece missing between river and shore... I had to put a "land pier" there for the bannies to be able to return - even though they could get over the bridge going one way! It's odd, but it solved the problem of why they were "leaving" home and becoming homeless. Thanks, RedKetchup!

RedKetchup

happy you found it and saved your game.

generally, it is a pathing problem

catty-cb

Quote from: kid1293 on January 18, 2023, 04:23:42 AM
Hmm. I think that the OOTW tubes can easily limit movement if you are not careful.
You can maybe build yourself 'inside' a maze and never get away=homeless.
Tell me if the problem shows up again.

Thanks, not sure the OOTW was causing the issue and it hasn't happened on the new map, but I did get a bit carried away trying out the various OOTW pieces ... its a great mod and thanks for putting in the time to create it   :)

theonlywanderer

It would have been nice if there was a built in max radius for how far they will travel from their home.   It would add to the challenge for sure because you couldn't just send them all over the map.   You would have to expand outward to gain access to those distant resources.   Had he added something like horses and wagons to the game, it would make sense not having such a limit, but while walking, it just makes sense to limit that distance.    This would likely have prevented some of these weird scenario's also.

RedKetchup

oh there was a limit of how far they can go. and in the latest patch it has been hugely gone up to compass every situation. i think the limit now is something like "5000" tiles.
surely someone can retrace the the blog where the developper talked about it.

theonlywanderer

What size map does that equate too?   I imagine it would cover an entire small map, not sure on the medium or large.