News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Designing Maps

Started by Cajun Beauty, March 11, 2023, 05:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cajun Beauty

Not sure where this should go, but is there a way to design/create your own maps in Banished or for Banished please? Thank you!

brads3

depends on what you mean. there are mods that give various options. we can raise terrain and dig new rivers and dohave mods for placing water. different mods change the grass, trees,  plants that grow, and the animals that roam the land. others alter the climates or alter the dirt and rock textures. various mods can b used to dictate the start settings including buildings or # of bannies.

beyond that it is limited. we can not tell the map where to put the river or hills. the raising terrain tool doesn't give sloping hills. they do flatten out as ground is raised. we can't specify where the main river will be. the map code can bring in a huge variety of maps and that too can differ by mods used.

all depends on what you want to design or change.

RedKetchup

This game doesnt have a map editor where you can create your maps, only a random map generator where you can specify number of lakes, rivers, quantity of mountains, quantity of flat land.....
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Cajun Beauty

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 14, 2023, 06:38:32 AM
This game doesnt have a map editor where you can create your maps, only a random map generator where you can specify number of lakes, rivers, quantity of mountains, quantity of flat land.....

How do I find and use that? Do I have to code that? I would like to try making my own maps similar to what you find in the mods.