News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Timeout

Started by kid1293, November 02, 2023, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Time to take a break from my retirement. :)

So - what is it with these buildings?
I wish I knew. I only made them to have something to do.

I am not sure I want to build a large mod with these.
They are hard to combine with other mods.

They look good, but what for? Can you help me?

catty-cb

I think they would work quite well in the forge of the dwarfes mod, they have that look about them

catty-cb

..... addon pack maybe?

kid1293

;D ;D Just what I am writing.

Good point. I didn't see that myself.
It has to be a separate add-on. The forges are quite large already.

With new textures...

Glenn

With a bit of modification you could turn the building with a chimney into a blacksmith.

I can see the tall building down by a large waterfront as some type of tariff/import duty/tax collector.

Perhaps the small building could be a spa to keep everyone happy

kid1293

Quote from: Glenn on November 02, 2023, 03:08:51 PM
I can see the tall building down by a large waterfront as some type of tariff/import duty/tax collector.

That's a view :) Thanks.

catty-cb

Went and took a look at the "forge" and it's already got blacksmith/mining stuff, so think the building with chimney could be a bakery or some kind of cooking establishment,  the large building maybe an inn and if you think of those little building as just being the surface to underground houses   :)

kid1293

"The surface to underground houses"
Now you have opened a can of worms, @catty-cb  That was a new thought.

;D ;D I can see a village of just boring entrances, leading down to the underground.

I'll take a note of this.

Abandoned

;D You have forgotten the starting caves and dwelling.  In The Forge story 65 and Valley Forge story 77 both led to underground dwarf settlements.

catty-cb

Hadn't forgotten, but was more thinking really posh wealthy dwarves would probably want their own cave or private entry

catty-cb

Coober Pedy town in Australia (mining opals) as been built underground cos the daytime temperatures are too high to live above ground

Abandoned

Quote from: catty-cb on November 03, 2023, 11:27:13 AM
Coober Pedy town in Australia (mining opals) as been built underground cos the daytime temperatures are too high to live above ground

cool  8) environmental earth homes.  :)

scoutae4

Agree these have kind of a luxe mine feel about them! The large stone one looks like a small castle - just needs a heraldic flag to tip the concept :)

The cup of tea though!! This is making me think of Guillver in Liliput.