News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

black screening

Started by grizz, March 29, 2023, 04:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizz

:(I have been playing banished since i was a boyj and i'm now 77 but i purchased a new fast computer(Great) but wnen i started playing banished my monitor keeps flicking black screen for a second(Not so great)
I have tried changing the resolution and up dated the graphic card drivers  but it still does it.
Can anyone help please? :'(

theonlywanderer

I'm confused.  Banished was released in 2014, it's only been 9 years since it's been out.

As for the black screen, are you in full screen or window mode?  Try whichever is the other mode.

brads3

hmm. new comp you say? did you load the DXdiag fix?  DXSETUP, that is needed. next would b to make sure the version is correct and somehow didn't glitch when transfering to the new comp.

grizz

:( :'(Thanks very much everyone but i have tried everything without successso it was the best game(for me) but it looks like it's the divorce courts for me and Banished :o :'(

RedKetchup

maybe rightclick the executable (Application-steam-x64.exe) and choose to load in compatible mode for windows 7 ?

maybe uninstall directX 11-12 and install directX 9 and once installed, reinstall dirextX11-12 ?

have you tried to load the game while holding CNTRL ? that way you'll get a menu options and play with graphic options.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

grizz

:)Thanks very much RedKetchup i will try those and let you know hpow it goes.
Thanks again for your help RedKetchup and everyone but i have really tried every single thing but alas  black screening goes on thanks again everyone