News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Need help Updating to 107

Started by Abandoned, June 28, 2017, 12:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

I am finally updating my game from 106 to 107.  I have followed advice from @embx61 and @ancientmuse and have copied my game and renamed one Banished 107 and one Banished CC Journey, and I copied the files from Luke's update zip into each. 

I made one shortcut and started the game but nothing changed, it still says v106 on the menu screen.

Must I run the applications in each copy of the game I made?

brads3

try running the game from the application inside the 107 file you created.if you right click the app on the desktop you can open the file it points to.

embx61

Yeah is a Icon issue.

The Icon you start the game from is still pointing at the old game.

RIGHT click the Short cut Icon you use to start Banished.

In the menu click properties and change the value to where Banished is located in target field: Mine is D:\Banished\Launcher.exe

And the Start in: = D:\Banished\ by me

You have to change the drive letter and folder where you have Banished installed.

Easier is as brads3 said, Just browse to the directory where you updated the game in Right click on the icon what start banished (Application-64x.exe or if running 32 bit Application-32x,exe)
almost at the bottom in the menu you see a menu item Create Shortcut and after selecting that one and click okay you now have a shortcut.

Drag that shortcut to your desktop and all should be good :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

thanks, I will try both your suggestions.   I think the shortcut I made is from the good old game Banished file and not affected by update files.  When I do music files the shortcut automatically changes to where ever I move the file to.  Guess game files don't work that way.  Too easy  :D

Abandoned

thank you both, that worked.  Made new shortcut and 107 game started fine and all mods are still in the same order. 

@brads3 I downloaded that compatibility mod and the compatible buildings mod.  Are those just for CC?

Now the fun begins updated all those mods.  :)

embx61

Glad you got it working @Abandoned. :)

Updating the mods is the fun part, so much new stuff for you to try out :)

I am pretty sure after the updating of the mods is done and you start a new game you will ask yourself "Why I did not update earlier to 1.07". LOL

brads3

the compatabilty mods were designed by the CC team. the older buildings version you won't need unless you use CC.however the new 1.07 version you might want to try if you use RED's 1.06 NMT mod with new mods.knowing how you swap mods from game to game ,you may want to try it if you use 1.06 and 1.07 mods.
    you don't have to update every mod. that is a choice and each player is different.if it is just a house mod then it won't be affected by the change.actually other than blacksmiths and new items like EB's salt and saddles,there shouldn't be much conflicts.i would recommmend instaling RED's trading post fix mod,the larger wheel barrow mod,and EB"S  new markets.
   make a list of what you want and then update a few at a time.or update by modder.say upload all of KID'S sets and then a different day load EB's,etc.
    as to the icon you could rename them to what version they are and then put both on the desktop. ban106,ban107,banNorrh,etc.

Abandoned

@embx61 I will have to take @brads3 advice and update a few or a group at a time.  Have you seen all those 107 mods. so many.  What fun to try so many new ones.  :)

Brad, thank you for advice.  I will make a desktop icon for the cc and North versions too.  Making a note on those compatibility ones to get in the right versions. There are some mods I know I will not update because I like there original locations on the toolbar.  I already downloaded Red's trading post fix, and EB new markets look really great.  I will get the wheelbarrow, that sounds like a good improvement.  I think mods with trading posts and town halls will have to be updated because of the new flags.  The North mod list should not be to difficult to do but I will have questions when I get to cc. I could only get cc to work with a few of BL other mods.  :)

embx61

That is the best way to go Abandoned.

I did not mean you had to download and install them all at once. :)

What I meant was there is a lot to choose from and some mods work better together both in mechanics and visually then others.

So still some homework to do but brads3 and Nilla can give you some good advice which mods work good together.
I am not much of help on that department because I hardly play besides some testing.

But now you have upgraded the cookie can is opened and your gameplay will certainly be more fun :)

brads3

don't feel you have to hurry. i am still stucjk testing. i have 1 modder who jumped a plane and ran away and 1 scratching his head. and i haven't even tried to scare them yet.good thing EB made those markets. i am still trying to decipher what will store where without using more stockpiles and having EB markets all over. it takes time to relearn some things.

Tom Sawyer

If you want a nice link on your desktop to start Banished from your north folder you can replace the icon by north.ico.

Abandoned

oh isn't that a nice looking icon for the North,  :) thank you so much @Tom Sawyer

Abandoned

@Hawk , do I remember correctly about separate game installs that the Win folders x32 or x64 you can remove the one you aren't using.  Was there also a problem with the registry and load order when switching between game installs.  And saved games. ?

Hawk

Quote from: Abandoned on June 30, 2017, 05:26:53 AM
@Hawk , do I remember correctly about separate game installs that the Win folders x32 or x64 you can remove the one you aren't using.

I did. Here's a screenshot of my installs.

http://www.hawks-web.com/ForumShots/Banished/Clipboard03.jpgRe: Need help Updating to 107

Quote from: Abandoned on June 30, 2017, 05:26:53 AMWas there also a problem with the registry and load order when switching between game installs.  And saved games. ?

If you clean out your registry when you uninstall mods in one install, you will see the mods from other installs in the registry, so you have to be careful about what mods to delete from the registry.
If you have the same mod installed in different installs of the game you don't want to delete that install from the registry.

Bottom line; the registry will sow all mods installed in all game installs, so just be careful, but i have not experienced any problems due to this.

Bear in mind, this is my experience. Your mileage may vary.

I hope that makes sense.  ??? ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Abandoned

Thank you for info @Hawk .  Yes that makes sense.  I have never done anything with the registry and I think I better keep it that way  :)  I will however remove some of those extra Win folders.  I will leave the original 106 and the new 107 as is but The North and CC and any others I might make I will remove the extras.  So far, so good.  The North and CC are still just copies but the 107 install is looking pretty good with mod updates, whittling, and rearranging.  The North is looking pretty good with Tom Sawyer's North Icon.  :)