News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Workplace V1.2 for 1.0.6

Started by kid1293, February 09, 2017, 10:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

@Abandoned - We are going more and more modular. Even CC has plans to be modular.
And who knows what RedKetchup can do with NMT. :)
With the new toolbar many things are going to change. You will be able to customize
your play in new ways.

kid1293

Sorry for disappearing.
I have been busy redoing my Forest Mod.
Cleaning, optimizing and remapping with better textures.
Same look as usual but I have taken it down from 12 meg to 3 meg.
Had a setback yesterday and lost approx. 11 hours for a stupid error.

@Abandoned - I made a small roof for the small-small school and put it
with my forest buildings. Soon to be released.
'Schoolroom' is in upper right part of the picture.
They had some bad weather but I think you can see it.

Hawk

I use the forest mod quite a bit and I like that roof over that school, which I also use quite a bit in the beginning of a maps.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Abandoned

The school is perfect, exactly fitting for the forest setting. Thank @kid1293   

LOL in currant map, I forgot workplace dairy cow was called cattle, when boatman came with cattle I thought it was some of @brads3 missing cows and I sent them to the animal refuge.  Don't tell brads  :)

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on February 19, 2017, 01:55:46 AMSorry for disappearing.

Well, don't make it a habit...  :D
Cool, just got your new packs - Forest Outpost was badly needed, one of my "essentials"  ;)

Quotetaken it down from 12 meg to 3 meg

That's a nice (and welcome) "side-effect" of all the updating going on right now  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Talking about 'side-effects' - When I optimized Forest Outpost
I reused textures in a way that makes it hard to divide into parts.
This time it doesn't matter but just wait until Rowhouses.  ::)
I use the same way to texture in that mod. So it is maybe all or nothing.  :(

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on February 19, 2017, 08:31:44 AMSo it is maybe all or nothing.

So you probably cannot separate the production buildings and barns from the housing?

kid1293

I can, but the sum of the separate parts may be bigger,
since I have to reload a lot of textures with redundancy.
Never mind. They will be smaller than the whole package, so...
But that is next week.

BTW. Housing alone?
And all official alone?
And production/storage alone?

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on February 19, 2017, 11:39:25 AMHousing alone?

Definitely.

QuoteAnd all official alone?

"Official" meaning like school, townhall, hospital and such?

Not an absolute must, but nice to have, imo - specially with view at future add-ons or expansions, or mixing with other 'themes'...

QuoteAnd production/storage alone?

Yes, because these types we'll definitely want to mix with other sets...  ;)

elemental

Quote from: kid1293 on February 19, 2017, 11:39:25 AM
I can, but the sum of the separate parts may be bigger,
since I have to reload a lot of textures with redundancy.
Never mind. They will be smaller than the whole package, so...
But that is next week.

BTW. Housing alone?
And all official alone?
And production/storage alone?

I don't know how much work is involved but you could offer two versions: split and combined. So lots of little mods for the people who want to pick and choose, and one big mod for people who want it all. Just a thought.  :)

kid1293

Nice thinking.
I will sleep on that.  ;)

Paeng

Quote from: elemental on February 19, 2017, 01:26:28 PMtwo versions: split and combined.

To think that all these contortions would be totally unnecessary if Banished simply allowed putting folders into [windata]... (my very first gripe on Day 1)  >:(

We must be doubly grateful that 'our' modders put up with this nasty hurdle.  :-*

TheOtherMicheal

I agree with @elemental - I'd also prefer to keep all the Forest Outpost buildings together in the one mod. It's a themed set so I don't see a need to separate it into production buildings mod, housing mod and so on.

QueryEverything

I agree with @Paeng that there should have been better framework for modders, but in all honesty, I don't think Luke understood the depth to which the modders would want to go to develop their mods. :)

I would like to be able to choose between searching for "storage" and by "theme", but that requires the files to be searched, and that's just not able to be in game either. 

Maybe the games coming in the future will be better framed :) 

@kid1293 I can't thank you enough!!  :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

elemental

Quote from: TheOtherMicheal on February 19, 2017, 06:49:17 PM
I agree with @elemental - I'd also prefer to keep all the Forest Outpost buildings together in the one mod. It's a themed set so I don't see a need to separate it into production buildings mod, housing mod and so on.

Actually I never expressed a preference either way, but I do agree with you. I would prefer themed mods to be offered in one complete set. I don't want to have to install 4 or more mods just to get housing and storage and official and production. I realise that it's easier to update smaller mods, but @kid1293, how often do you think you will be updating any of the contents of the row houses mod or the Forest outpost mod?

Small mods would be great for quickly releasing new buildings (beta or finished) but once a set is complete then it would be better if it could be offered as one combined mod instead of 15 separate mods for 15 separate buildings.