News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Your green grass looks nice, but it does look very formal. Would suit Red's White House perfectly but perhaps it's too nice for many of the buildings we have in Banished. But please keep it as an option. It does look great paired with those plants. Sometimes we need a bit of fancy.  :)

elemental

That is one very good-looking channel. Love the moss.

To me, embx's new channel looks more like a fancy town decoration rather than a simple irrigation channel.

Paeng

That looks great!

Yeah, I agree that the bushes and stuff need to be more random... I know that's always a problem for sets like this, to avoid the repetition...

One way would be like Abandoned said - just leave it up to the player to decorate... and I think it's perfectly fine if the occasional plant hangs over into the water... actually desirable  :)

Another way might be to have various plants (and even the occasional rock, barrel etc.) as F-variant that changes with every plop (I see that's possible from fences by Tom or Kid)...

To add to your load - maybe a couple of bridge variations?  :-[
Just some simple stuff like a couple of logs thrown across, or a little plank bridge with a handrail...

EDIT

I guess a lush green is okay, given all the fresh water nearby... anyway, that will be broken up nicely with wild plants and stuff...

Here an impression of what I envision as irrigation canals (just for inspiration)   ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

embx61

I saw that picture from Paeng before. Indeed very nice.

Digging curves going to be very hard though as all the digging in Banished are square tiles.

I will set for bare channels with different textures for the sloping sides and adapt Kids Deco plants as ghosted items.

A ghosted rock here and there is a good idea and a bridge or 2 more too.

Looks like I going to be busy :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on June 09, 2017, 07:08:26 AMDigging curves going to be very hard though as all the digging in Banished are square tiles.

Understood... but hey, you guys just opened up a whole new world of modding possibilities, more things will surely come...
I mean, the SPAM mod shown above was about 1.5 years in the making...  :o

QuoteLooks like I going to be busy :)

Yeah...  :D

brads3

the corner plants is a great idea.as EB said they are very handy to set in odd tight spots.they do fill voids between other plants so well.

The Pilgrim

What game is the farm picture from?

Paeng

Quote from: The Pilgrim on June 09, 2017, 07:58:32 AMWhat game is the farm picture from?

That's from the "SimPeg Agricultural Mod" (SPAM), something we developed for Simcity4 a few years back...  :)

The Pilgrim

That is freaking gorgeous. I may have to buy simcit 4 again.

Paeng

Quote from: The Pilgrim on June 09, 2017, 09:04:11 AMThat is freaking gorgeous. I may have to buy simcit 4 again.

If you're into agricultural and farming - yes, this one is for you. We put agri onto the same level as other industries (where SC4 basically disables farming from a certain point on). And aside from the overhauled agri mechanics it gives you a huge treasure of fresh crops, farm buildings, accessories (add-ons), textures etc... the works. Including a revamp of all the vanilla items.   ;)

Oh, and SC4 currently on sale at GOG!

embx61

Okay a bit over the top as I just dumped a bunch of his awesome plants, trees, and scrubs and even some barrels and old fences down without any planning but something like this can be done with Kids Deco Mods :)

I only had to change all the template files and set the Boolean flatten ground to false otherwise it raises the tiles and that will show in the water.

I think I just recompile Kids plants with the Boolean flatten ground set to false if my channels are finished so I can work on some rocks as deco.

If the Boolean flatten ground was already set to false by Kid I did not have to do a thing and players could just use Kids Mod.
But this saves me a helluva lot of time to not have to create my own bushes and the placements are not bad either. Thanks a bunch Kid :)

But beware if using some other ghosted mods that have the Boolean flatten ground set to true it will messes the channels up because it will raise the ground.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on June 09, 2017, 09:53:14 AMset the Boolean flatten ground to false otherwise it raises the tiles

Good point  :)

In my opinion there are too many things that "auto-flatten" the ground... e.g. fences and walls, they should never flatten, but be made in such a way that they can be built into a hill or into the water (which means they should extend to "below ground")... it's extremely painful to end a fence either on a "red" tile or needing to raise a hump, destroying the natural shoreline...   ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on June 09, 2017, 10:42:06 AM
Quote from: embx61 on June 09, 2017, 09:53:14 AMset the Boolean flatten ground to false otherwise it raises the tiles

Good point  :)

In my opinion there are too many things that "auto-flatten" the ground... e.g. fences and walls, they should never flatten, but be made in such a way that they can be built into a hill or into the water (which means they should extend to "below ground")... it's extremely painful to end a fence either on a "red" tile or needing to raise a hump, destroying the natural shoreline...   ;)

yeah that game is a messed sometime. it is not full 3d. some features are 3D and some are 2D. you cannot "follow" the terrain when you build something.
it would have been so great though to have building built on a mountain side ... or have fences following hills.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 09, 2017, 10:51:01 AMor have fences following hills.

Yeah, the game does not spoil us with that...    :(

So I think it's still better to have e.g. a fence lean (and diappear) into a hill than getting a big honking hole where you build it   ;)