News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

it is strange. no the only mod i turn on and off is yours to change the mini map.i even have it way down in the mod order.i tried turning reflexion off as well.

RedKetchup

did you changed direct X ? from 9 to 11 ? cause that can do that thing
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

Quote from: embx61 on June 29, 2017, 02:54:57 PM
@Gatherer That little box is just part of the screw. The water lifts up from the Archimedes screw into that box and then connector pieces can be added wherever the players wants to go with them from that box.

Could the water box be also made as a standalone piece then? To place at the end of the connector pieces.

Also...any plans to introduce some ghosted scarecrows aswell?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

i tried several ways RED.the graphics controls have no  effect.

RedKetchup

i remember back at very begining of this game, some people were posting some minimap screenshots and the were with that, a sky reflection. and me back in time i never got that ... and i was pissed cause i found it alot more quality minimap than i have....

i did something with the settings and finally got it too like others.... but i dont remember what i did exactly. it was 2-3 years ago.
all this was in a post on this forum but i dont remember which one neither ^^

there is something changed in your settings...

embx61

Sorry brads2

I have no clue what this can be and what is causing it.

In my save file I used for all the tests, but never noticed because I never use the mini map, the lake in the middle is dark blue and the rest of the lakes, rives and streams are that refecting light blue you are showing.

All I am doing is using Bartenders moving water files on a plane. Even renamed the main folder to embx61 to avoid later issues if others using moving water as well and change those files.

I just don't see how other files like the blue water texture I use can cause such a glitch.

I think the game just randomly glitch out just as the wheel barrow dragging, the Trader not stopping at trade ports on certain maps.

As I said, in a new game I started yesterday I loaded the irrigation mods one by one and looked in the game in between and all stayed dark blue.

I even loaded Red's Canals just to see if it was maybe water flowing related as those files are altered slightly by Bartender and maybe we all missed it that it is fooling with the mini map but it stayed dark blue. Then I loaded Production set 2 what have the water well with moving water and all stayed dark blue.

That is all the mods I have what have moving water incorporated. I will test some new maps and see if it changes the color of the mini map.

If it changes on some maps but not others it is most certainly a game glitch.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Here a screen shot of the test save I use for about all my Mods.

I never looked before at the mini map and opened it up yesterday after your post.

The lake in the middle is dark blue the rest is light blue  ???

If some files messing with the mini map why then just a part of it and not all like your example?

I played with some video options on that map  and changed from DX11 to 9 and back, reflections setting from terrain, to everything, to nothing and all stayed the same.

Tom Sawyer

I also noticed this minimap water bug. It can have 3 states. Normal reflection like in EB's picture, no reflection with black waters and wrong reflection with reflecting an image where you even can recognize something like icons or so. It's a really strange thing and I never find the cause or any correlation to graphical settings or mods. Would be nice to solve this puzzle.^^

brads3

EB,that is weirded yet.it is funny how it did half the map 1 way and the other different.i tried to change reflections,shadows,11 to dx9,etc. no dice yet.
if i turn you off and NECORA'S riffle on it won't do it.not sure what the difference is. you are right it should not do anything to the mini map especially with the mod so low in the order.
RED,mine looks almost black and i wondered why mine never looked like everyone elses.then after i got this i wish i had my way back.LOL.well i do but i turn off the canal mod.it does it to me when i play with TOM's mod so i thought it was stuck in the reg.it is goofy for sure.

it is almost like the sky is upside dwon and coming out of the ground up through the mountains.

embx61

Thanks Tom for chiming in.

It is those kind of glitches what can cause us modders headaches as we try to look for a cause and hopefully solution if we find the cause while there is not really one if it is a bug in the C++ code from Luke.

The same goes for the famous Trade Port bug on lakes with a connecting river where the trader stops on certain maps but not on others.
It is I believe a pathing issue in the game C++ code.

But maybe other players can while they are playing take a look at their mini map and see if it changes during their game.
While it can be a bit annoying that the mini map have some display issues it is at least not what I consider a game breaking bug.

embx61

Not sure what Necora does in the Riffle mod because I don't have the source files.

I will do some testing with that mod to see if it changes the mini map in my test map.

In the video setting there are three settings for reflection. Terrain, Everything, and Nothing and all three settings don't change the mini map display.

I remember with the pink water issue in Reds Canals they were experiments with a plane upside down but I believe after Discrepancy found a workaround for the Pink water that extra plane was scrapped.

RedKetchup

but it is when the mini map is created, not in middle of the game you change the settings and hoping to see change...

do you have gforce experience btw ?

embx61

But the mini map does update  in the game somehow.
The brown/gray spots where buildings are build are showing on the mini map.

But that is maybe just a layer over the rendered mini map.

Yes I have GForce Experience but never really use it much and there is a bug that I never be able to download updates for the drivers through experience so I download it straight from NVidea site.
At least Experience tells me when there is a update for the drivers available. Seen many posts about this issue and the workarounds some people offer work for some but not others so far, including me.

But I hardly use the program anyway and to download an update for the drivers is easy from the NVidea site so not spent more time on it to try to solve the download issue.

RedKetchup

sometime with new update of experience... it can change some settings here and there , sometimes in some games.
it happended to me like 4 hrs ago... we got a new update... and it did changed all my setup in Civilization 6. out of the weird resolution it put me (1600x900) which i ve got to change back... i am seeing awesome looking changes in game. i never got so much details about rainforests and coffee resources ^^

embx61

I agree, the program looks awesome and you can have different video settings for each game I believe.

I must take another good look at it again and start to use it more often for some games.