News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

EB if you are going to tweak the water and irrigations, how much experience with the dig outs do you have? is it possable to make a pond dig out mod simial to NECORA'S riffle?now that you have ditches,we only need pond pieces that can sink into the ground.just so we could make a stream here and there and a pond area.if you are in a mood to experiment more .

embx61

I shall look into it.

It should not be too hard to make a pond what connect to the Irrigation channels.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

EB, i tried all your canals and moved them up and down in mod order and never could solve my map glitch either.must be just my comp i guess.i like necora's for optons but it is too many icons. placements seem touchy too. simple works better.

embx61

The map glitch is just a game glitch.

I don't think my mod had anything to do with it as I had a map with my irrigation loaded and it was all dark blue where the water was.
Then on another map I had the glitch too.

several players like Paeng and Tom sawyer said they had once in a while and that this was before I even designed the Irrigation channels.

I never used Necora's riffle so not know how it works.

Does he piece a pond together from several pieces? I shall some later download the mod to take a look

But I don't like complicated things. If I piece it together it will not be many pieces.

I did a test a while ago, you can do that too BTW, in the game to place 4 curves in a circle. you have a pond with an island in the middle. :)

So if I take the Island pieces out you have a pond 6x6 tiles and I only have to redirect the water flow material.
For a bigger pond I can put some 2x straights in between and you have a 8x8 pond.

Hardest going to be to hide the lines in the water textures which connect to each other.
So maybe just making some ponds in several sizes will be a better option.

like a 6x6, 8x8, and maybe a 10x10. No messing with several pieces, Just choose a size and plop it down.
and on one side I make it open so it can connect to the irrigation channels.
I even can leave a pond closed so it not connect to the channels.

wiscoke

@RedKetchup  the black and white cows are indeed ghosted ones from cc like @elemental said.

RedKetchup

oh ok !

bah at least it did look .... real ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

A little update what I am all currently working on.

Messing around a bit with a attempt at creating a pond for the irrigation channels and make a drinking piece what can be placed at the end of the gutters.

Redoing the signs so more fonts are used and figure out more categories so the F Key will not be more then 20 - 25 in a category.
Also include the signs elemental created in several fonts.

Two signs top with will contain the posts and a separate sign what can be placed underneath it I am working on.

Then I am working on some roads.

The at last I am working on some more decoration pieces.

All in all quite busy with 4/5 projects ongoing but the good thing is I can switch between them if I get I get bored with one :)

embx61

Uploaded version 17002 of the EB/elemental signs.

Split the version 17001 signs into yellow text and white text categories.

Added some more signs to those categories. More fonts randomly assigned to signs.

Added Top signs and bottom signs.

Those signs are working together. First place a top sign which have the posts.
The top signs have names of people, towns, or business names.
Then a bottom sign can be added with the business use like blacksmith, tailor, quarry, mining co, etc.

All those signs are randomly assigned fonts and have no double entrees like the signs from version 17001.

embx61

Working on some stone roads on and off and are attempting a Quarry what make some use of the useless mountains instead of taking a fair bit of flat real estate.

It is just a very fast mockup in max to see if it can work and I think it can work.

It will not be perfect on every mountain in the map as they are so different so have to find a middle of the road and it is up to the players to not place the Quarry on odd places so it looks crazy.

I use just a bit of flatten ground in front of a mountain/hill and the rest (Most of the scaffolds) will be ghosted in and in front of the mountain.

Lot of more testing to do to see how far to do the flatten ground into the mountain so it looks best.

Because the scaffolds are mostly ghosted I cannot make the bannies go there but I keep testing several depths in the mountain so maybe some can be used with a floor if I cut deep enough in the mountain as this gives a straight wall but I have also take into account how it will look.

RedKetchup

you can use terraforming to flatten the ground as well at parts you want to  while you can "raise" and "ceiling" some deeper parts to make them fit and reach your wood planks

embx61

Can I do that in the code/mesh or have players have to use a separate tool?

Do you have any meshes what using this technic in the Laboratory so I can take a look?

brads3

EB would it help to ghost the ground instead of the scaffold to allow them to walk up it?then it won't look like the ground flatttened.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on August 11, 2017, 11:07:25 AM
Can I do that in the code/mesh or have players have to use a separate tool?

Do you have any meshes what using this technic in the Laboratory so I can take a look?

i can put one : Smuggler Cave if it isnt there already, going to go check the Laboratory :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 11, 2017, 12:57:59 PM
i can put one : Smuggler Cave if it isnt there already, going to go check the Laboratory :)

it is there now :)

Paeng

Cool, nice innovative quarry design...  ;D

I agree with the ghosting, even if the peeps can't reach the upper levels... to me it's more important that as little as possible needs to be flattened, to maintain a natural look...

Looking forward to see how you design the rest of the workspace  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]