News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Good point!

I did not change the Vanilla Blacksmith/Mine yet but those from the Village Set and the Village Blacksmith only need 8 Iron instead of the 32 what vanilla cost.

The Vanilla Mine and The Village Mine not need any Iron to build so it is good there.

Just looked and the Village School not need any Iron either :)
Town Hall only 12 Iron. Tailor 6.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

How do you turn iron ore into iron? Blacksmith?

CC was the first mod to use iron ore and they have a small iron smelter and a small fuel refiner. Fuel Refiner takes firewood (or is it logs?) and makes furnace fuel. Smelter takes iron ore and furnace fuel and makes iron. There are larger versions of each building too for later game, but for early game they have the small versions. From memory I don't think you need iron to build either of those buildings.

brads3

there are several other options of mods that give iron: renewable resources has both iron and iron ore,KID's tiny mine gives iron,there is an override mod also.the north has the bloomery and i believe DS has his own options as well.remind me sometime,ELEMENTAL i can try to do a map without using any iron and build a lot of buildings.

embx61

I just think that producing Iron from Ore is realistic.
You not find Iron just laying on the ground everywhere and are mined straight out of mines.

As long as the balance is okay as Red said so players can get the production chain up and running before running out of Iron it should work.

I play a bit with my for personal use adapted Village Mod and so far it goes all fine.
If it all works out after some more testing I will make a special Ore To Iron building so can release the Blacksmith from producing Iron.

Thinking of input ore and a choice of Charcoal and Cokes as Fuels.
Sadly we can only set one output value for a building other wise I would have done firewood too as fuel but with a lower output.

To do that it need a different building or I have to increase the input of Firewood to create Iron and I think this is what I going for as I not want to make to more of the same buildings besides F Key variants where needed.

Need a lot of testing but I am on it in between creating some deco's.

Working on some more statues and this is going to be so awesome. :)
I downloaded quite a few free statues from TurboSquid.
Really famous ones like Apollo, Venus, Mars, Zeus, Discus thrower,  etc.

Those meshes have a lot of poly's between 700K to 2.5 Million but I convert them with some optimizers in Max to bring the poly's down to acceptable ranges.
also no UV Maps and textures but I have downloaded quite a few Marble slab textures in different colors.

I optimized the Mars Statue already and it is just about under 6000 poly so a huge reduction compared to the 1.2 million poly's it was and still looks okay.
Further optimizing will decrease quality too much so about 6000 has to do.

As I not see players putting hundreds of those statues on a map it should be fine. :)

embx61

5 new statues are about done.

5 statues together is about 20K poly's. It is what it is as I cannot Optimize them more because they will become ugly.

The 5 statues before optimizing are about 7 million poly's.

We have from left to right Mars, Discubolus, Apollo, Zeus, and Hermes.
Still have 3 statues to optimize and texture and I will release a new version of the statues.

kid1293

I like them! But they will look out of place in the forest.   :D

Just kidding.

embx61

I agree they not fit in the forest :)

Maybe I should make a green marble one for in the forest :)

But they will fit with more urban area's like with your row houses, Mexican Missionary, or Red's NMT.

Savidan

RedKetchup

when they have 700-2.5M poly... that isnt cause someone made it and worked it and created it.... that are laser scan results
nobody can take 2 million of polygon and make a statue out of it LOL
they are not selling 3D models.... they are selling scan results :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

The statues are a good addition. It would be nice to see some more but I realise they are nearly impossible to model from scratch so it all depends on what you can find.

Classical columns, obelisks, and standing stones would also make good decorations. Perhaps a rock with a bronze plaque in it, to commemorate something important in the town's history.

There are some free ones here:

https://archive3d.net/?category=555&page=1

https://www.archive3d.net/?tag=sculpture&page=25

https://archive3d.net/?tag=Summerhouse&page=1

embx61

Yeah, those statues where made from scans. I think most of them were made from scans from the Danish Museum.

They are free so I won't complain :)
I am not able to make a statue like those made from scratch.

A column or rock with a plate I can probably do but animals, humans shapes I cannot do (yet)

embx61

Uploaded version 17002 of the Statues Mod.

Added the statues of Mars, Zeus, Apollo, Venus de Milo, Mercury, Penelope, Hermes, Venus & Cupido, Discubolus.

I also added so far 1 column deco.

The 9 famous statues are between about 5 and 6.2K poly each so use them sparingly on the map.
As said earlier, I optimized them from 6 to 7 million poly's for all 9 and this is the best I could do so they still look okay.

This is the reason I not made F Key Variations of the statues beside the knight statue as the mod will triple in size.

All are ghosted.

Savidan

elemental

Quote from: embx61 on August 25, 2017, 02:42:03 AM

This is the reason I not made F Key Variations of the statues beside the knight statue as the mod will triple in size.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd happily use a larger mod if it had some colour variants. I like decorative items.  :)  But it's up to you if you want to make more versions. Just for a comparison, there is a CC add-on mod called Statues Plus that adds a bunch of statues in a range of colours. It's a quite a big mod, weighing in at 87MB.

But if you do want to add more colours without bloating the mod too much, perhaps each colour could be offered as a separate mod and the player could then choose which one(s) to use. Again, it's up to you.

embx61

I shall think what approach to take.

Either as you suggest each mod a different color or a lite version as it now and then one with some more colors as 1 mod.