News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Roasted Nuts v1.1 (updated 04Mar2018)

Started by Discrepancy, January 29, 2018, 04:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Roasted Nuts v1.1 (updated 04Mar2018)

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=406

adds a Campfire to roast all kinds of nuts. Almonds, Chestnuts, Hazelnuts, Pecans, Pistachio, Walnuts and even Acorns. Includes orchard seeds for Almond, Hazel, Pistachio and Oak trees.

This mod adds:
  • Campfire, roasting nuts - A [6x6] Campfire to roast all kinds of nuts. Almonds, Chestnuts, Hazelnuts, Pecans, Pistachio, Walnuts and even Acorns. employs 1 worker.
  • Roasted Nuts - 70/85 (unEd/Ed), weight 1, value 2, Edible Protein
  • Almond Seeds - grow your own Almond Trees for Almonds
  • Hazelnut Seeds - grow your own Hazel Trees for Hazelnuts
  • Pistachio Seeds - grow your own Pistachio Trees for Pistachio
  • Oak Tree Seeds - grow your own Oak Trees for Acorns

**with this mod you will not need to use the mods: Almond Tree or Hazel Tree

Change Log:

v1.1  --  04Mar2018
            - added Pistachio orchard and nuts.
            - fixed wrong/missing texts.

v1.0  --  29Jan2018
            - initial release.

stringtable for translation modding: DSRoastedNutsStringTable.rsc - v1.1

Abandoned

Oh wow, this is great,  :)  thanks @Discrepancy

Discrepancy

galensgranny

Oh my, this is nice surprise!  Thanks!  ;D

taniu

@ Discrepancy :D :D :D thanks a lot - great mod - you're a really great moderator, the game gets even more fun for the players - I have nothing to say about these nuts - a great thought - baked nuts - it's a fantastic idea - thank you again - I tested a bit with the MM8 beta - but I think that they do not cause conflict? he works to play MM8 beta - liquids that you added acorns to the orchard .bo collecting them was a chore to turn them into flour - I personally thought about a small factory that adds nuts to chocolate and produces a different chocolate with nuts or peanut butter - but this is just my idea - maybe you will take this into account in the future? but I am very happy because I am only a player and I can not help you - although my idea with a fire brought a positive effect - although no one mentioned that many times I asked for ognicko - to give someone a meal - there is only a shortage of coffee - coffee trappers or cowboys drank, but this is another fairy tale - or maybe you will add a coffee set for this? - this is just my humble idea? - please. Cheers!

galensgranny

Quote from: taniu on January 29, 2018, 01:43:27 PM
I personally thought about a small factory that adds nuts to chocolate and produces a different chocolate with nuts or peanut butter - but this is just my idea  ...- or maybe you will add a coffee set for this? - this is just my humble idea? - please. Cheers!

Nutella!  Now that we have the hazelnuts, the Bannies are close to being able make Nutella spread.  ;D

elemental

CC has chocolate, too. And sugar and oil. Nutella is horribly bad, even if it is yum.  :(

How about a gluten-free flourless chocolate cake made with almond meal, topped with nutella and hazelnuts?  :P

twilightbreeze

Guys guys, please allow someone who is "in the know" about this subject:

If you do NOT have Celiac Disease, going gluten free will do NOTHING for you. It is not healthier, or more beneficial in any way. It doesn't do anything for you. It is a marketing hype to get you to buy the more expensive products. Don't fall for it!!!

Enjoy your gluten if you can folks. Pass the acorns please!!
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

elemental

Don't worry... I know all about that, TB. Big fan of gluten here. I wasn't being serious at all, and I shake my head when I see gluten-free ham or fish coconut water or whatever in the supermarket. But almond meal choc cake is very yummy.  :)

twilightbreeze

And I do like Nutella. Lol......Banished nutella.  ;D
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

ancientmuse

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....

Jack Frost nipping at your nose....

;D

twilightbreeze

Actually, almonds HAVE to be roasted before eating....raw almonds contain cyanide. Lots of it.

elemental

Apparently only some almonds are dangerous. There are sweet and bitter almonds, and it's the bitter ones that are potentially dangerous. Sweet almonds are safe to eat raw, either as green almonds or as unroasted nuts.

Hawk

Quote from: twilightbreeze on January 29, 2018, 11:54:09 PM
Guys guys, please allow someone who is "in the know" about this subject:

If you do NOT have Celiac Disease, going gluten free will do NOTHING for you. It is not healthier, or more beneficial in any way. It doesn't do anything for you. It is a marketing hype to get you to buy the more expensive products. Don't fall for it!!!

Enjoy your gluten if you can folks. Pass the acorns please!!

To add to that, it could actually be harmful to you, if you don't have Celiac Disease or a gluten allergy.

I won't go into details here. The information is too easy to find. Just do your research if you are gluten free and don't need to be, or if you're planning on it.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

elemental

Yeah, it's a fad. And like many fads it's a waste of money. Very few people are gluten intolerant.