News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Site Update

Started by kralyerg, January 26, 2024, 06:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kralyerg

At some point in the neat future I'm going to an update to the site software to get it to the latest version.

Since it's a major update (from 2.0.19 to 2.1.4), there's not an incremental patch available, it needs to be a full install.  So I need to do a backup of the site and then install the update and then put the site back together.

So if you happen to see the site being down, or only partially available, or something else weird going on, don't worry, it's on purpose.  :)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

catty-cb

Thanks for the site update news, fingers crossed you don't have any problems   :)

Abandoned

@kralyerg

I am wonder if a feature we used to have will be restored with the new update or if it is just something easy to do in the settings.  Now, when inserting a YouTube music video into a post, you add the link, the link appears in the post, it is clinked on to go to the YouTube site to watch video and usually has an ad first before video runs.

It used to be that when the link was added to the post, the video was imbedded in the post, showing a picture of the video with an arrow to click to run it.  You did not go to the YouTube site and there was no ad.  It was a nice feature.

Hope all goes well with the update.

catty-cb

Quote from: catty-cb on January 27, 2024, 01:34:15 AMThanks for the site update news, fingers crossed you don't have any problems

New Forum software looks great ... can't see any smiley buttons, but an initial wander around it's very much an improvement on the old site software

kralyerg

Update went as well as could be expected.  Wasn't as hard as I thought. There actually was an automatic upgrade patch, so I didn't have to do a full reinstall.

I think most things are working correctly.  Give me a should if you find something weird.

I'm not sure why smileys aren't working.  I'll keep looking into that. :)

@Abandoned  You can embed youtube videos again.

Abandoned

Thank you so much @kralyerg :) I am glad that the update was less work than expected; you've done so much already saving the site for us. I am also glad to see the imbedded YouTube videos, terrific.  The site looks good. )

kid1293

I agree. Nice job to rescue WoB. :)

On the whole - The site looks cleaner. Everything I have tested works fine.

kralyerg

I believe I got the smileys to work.  All the little image files were still there, but somehow the software forgot where they were located, so I had to relink them. Should be all good now.  ;D

RedKetchup

thank you for the update. i agree everything looks clean and new
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .