News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Override mod for seed and animal trader?

Started by Gatherer, November 27, 2018, 04:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Is it possible to create an override mod that would make all seed and animal traders also bring edible stuff?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on November 27, 2018, 04:04:40 PM
Is it possible to create an override mod that would make all seed and animal traders also bring edible stuff?

then it would not have anymore a lot of difference with the general goods merchants which sells all pattern for crop, orchards, and animals with its food.
no ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

you don't lie the merchants bringing everything except what you need? or the 1's who won't take what you stocked? RED set his trade merchants to have a 90% chance of bringing tropical seeds and less of seed you want.  and 50-50 to not take high valued items.he did tell us it would be a challenge.

Gatherer

Well I think as it is now the seeds and livestock merchant is pretty useless once I get all the stuff I want.
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

That is one of the problem with using mega mods or too many other mods, they force you to place special orders to get what you want from the merchants, and special orders cost more trade goods.

theonlywanderer

The easiest way to solve not getting what you want is to build more ports.  The more you build the more they come and higher chance to get what you need or want.   You can also set certain ports to only bring whatever you want.   Special ordering is far more realistic anyway because what are the odds in real life that some random trader is going to bring precisely what you need or want?  You have to tell them to bring what you want next time.  The small increase in cost is pretty minimal, it really doesn't add up to much.   So if you need a constant flow of tools, tell each trader coming to one specific port to bring only tools.  There are only so many traders for each port, so eventually every trader to that port will only bring tools.   By autostocking your trade item and autobuying the tools, the port becomes self sustaining.   Do that for each item you need a consistent flow of.

As for the seed and livestock traders being useless after awhile, that is often true in most towns.  That's when you can demolish them and build a port that has more use for your town.

Gatherer

Quote from: theonlywanderer on December 02, 2018, 03:28:33 PM
As for the seed and livestock traders being useless after awhile, that is often true in most towns.  That's when you can demolish them and build a port that has more use for your town.

But I'm not talking about specialized seed and livestock ports. I'm talking about riverboat traders.
Fiat panis.

theonlywanderer

Okay, I get what you're saying now.   

I would suggest downloading specialized trading post mods which essentially turns a port in to a specialized food port.  Every trader coming to the port will have food.   It's basically the same concept.

Discrepency has a fruits/veg/grain trader

Kid has a tiny food trader

Colonial charter has a food trader and many other new traders.  I don't think you can get them separate though, might take some searching.

I think EB has a new trader also.