News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Welcome New Members!

Started by Admin, July 08, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Welcome to the World of Banished!  Thank you for joining us! I hope you find what you are looking for and more here on the forum.  Our intention is to provide you with a place to ask questions, find answers, and enjoy playing Banished. Here you will find some very seasoned, polite, professional players who are more than willing to listen and help you. Already a Banished Master?  Play in one of our challenges and become a Champion!

So feel free to jump right in!  Introduce yourself here in this thread so we can all welcome you to the forum. Once again, WELCOME!

landgrave

... had to search for you all*lol*. My last post over in the official forum was arround the end of May - Beginning June I awaked in hospital after a motorcycle accident (not my fault, but my pain, anyway, damn car). I'm well and fully restored now and had some time for Banished on my laptop since my offline-stay - helped alot also to go through rehabilitation. I'm now back on feet at home since last weekend. Just want to say "Hello again" to all here new here and oldone's from over there :). Well done forum@solarscreen, was overdue, handy and spamfree, love it. I have to take my time now to catch up what happened here and to place a couple more 'funny pictures' ;) aswel as pictures from Walhalla once I've transfered my save's 'n shots from my laptop.

solarscreen

@landgrave Wow!  Glad you were able to recover!  You just don't realize how much something like that can take from you until it happens.

Glad to have you with us over here.  Take your time looking around and be sure to let me know if you see anything missing or anything you would like to add or change.

Enjoy! and Welcome!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

mariesalias

Welcome @landgrave! I remember you from the SRforum. I am glad you have been able to recover so well and sorry you had to go through all that! I look forward to reading more of your posts! :)

A Nonny Moose

Well, I've moved over from the Shining Rock site.  This seems to be a better forum.

I am a retired professor of computer science and I run Banished on my dual core AMD machine in Ubuntu 14.04 with wine-1.7.22 (at the moment).  Wine has a problem with the threading model and therefore the game runs like a snail, but since I have all the time in the world, I don't really mind.

I've been playing for about a month.  Very interesting learning curve.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

RedKetchup

Then i wish you a very welcome @A Nonny Moose. I hope you ll find satisfaction in here :)

BTW , i am a 50 years old french canadian from Québec :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

@A Nonny Moose! Welcome! Glad to have you with us.

A Nonny Moose

@RedKetchup:  Well, you are old enough to be my son.  I'll be 77 in September.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

mariesalias

RavenSteele

Hello everyone!  I'm 33, so I guess I'm the young one around here haha.  I live in Washington State.

I purchased this game back at the beginning of March because I thought it looked promising.  I quickly became frustrated and stopped playing, mainly due to a total lack of purpose and understanding of how the game worked.  For whatever reason, I decided to give it a try again this July.  Now I'm hopelessly hooked.  Awesome game, and glad I decided to give it another try.  I'm approaching 300 citizens on probably my 7th town.  Things seem to be going well for now...

I have heard about the bugs other people have experienced, but I have not experienced any myself.  The game seems to run perfectly.

Anyways, that's enough rambling for me.

RedKetchup

Hey welcome in WoB @RavenSteele. i hope you ll enjoy to come hang with us on the BEST Banished board in the worlld :)

WilliamMcBeard

A quick hello from me. Can't remember how I found Banished, but it's flippin' awesome!

I'm an admin from another forum (lowerleaguemanager.com/forum all about playing football manager without any cheating!) and hope to be part of something lively and informative here.

The last time I played a game that hooked me like Banished, was the original TTD, and then that got Mod-ed and remade and all sorts. Hopefully Banished can flourish now the Mod kit is here.

Anyway, :hello:

RedKetchup

welcome in World of Banished @WilliamMcBeard i hope you ll enjoy being in here :)

solarscreen

PhillipAlexander

I just wanted to thank you all for your hard work on the present and upcoming mods!  I loved this game when I first bought it, and the new mods have made it fun to play again. I am really looking forward to the overall being planned under the Blackwood Mods.  Thanks again all!