Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Mead Brewing

Started by Discrepancy, January 01, 2019, 01:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Mead Brewing
with Honey Production

A mod centered around the production of Mead.
Adds a Meadery to brew mead, along with apiaries to produce honey,
a water well for water, storage and decorative tables.

• Village Meadery - brews and serves alcohol, 1-4 Brewers, Mead (40 Honey + 20 Water / 40 Wild Honey = 20 Water), Mulled Mead (1 Mead + 1 Herb), 600 capacity
  • Village Square Mead Brewer - the village mead brewer from DSSV is updated and an added bonus in this mod, 1 Brewer, Mead (40 Honey + 20 Water / 40 Wild Honey = 20 Water), Mulled Mead (1 Mead + 1 Herb), 250 capacity
  • Village Apiary - random production, produces Honey, Beeswax, Comb Honey and Royal Jelly randomly, 1-2 Beekeepers
  • Village Apiary - select production, produces Honey, Beeswax or Comb Honey via UI selection, 1-2 Beekeepers
  • Village Beehives - random production, produces Honey, Beeswax and Comb Honey randomly, 1 Beekeeper
  • Village Water Well - an old ground well for a supply of edible Water, 1 Worker
  • Village Storage Shed - lean-to sheds of 2x2 and 2x3 storing Foods, Herbs & Medicine, Tools, Clothing, and Crafted Goods & Utensils (Edible,Fruit,Grain,Protein,Vegetable,Health,Tool,Clothing,Custom0)
  • Village Meadery Tables - ghosted, decorative tables, 5 F-key variants
the following resources are added:

• Beeswax - Crafted Good (Cutom0) - product of Apiary & Beehives, no use in this mod, used in DSSV:Production
  • Comb Honey - Food (Edible,Fruit,Grain,Protein) - product of Apiary & Beehives, consumed as food
  • Honey - Food (Edible,Fruit) - product of Apiary & Beehives, used in brewing Mead and consumed as food
  • Iron Fittings - Metals, Alloys & Forged (Custom1) - used as construction material, requires DS Jetty & Bridge mod for production
  • Lumber - Building Material (Custom5) - used as construction material, requires DS Timber Mill/DS Jetty & Bridge mod for production
  • Mead - Alcohol - produced at the Village Meadery and the Village Square Mead Brewer, requires Honey/Wild Honey + Water
  • Mulled Mead - Alcohol - produced at the Village Meadery and the Village Square Mead Brewer, requires Mead + Herb
  • Royal Jelly - Health & Medicine - product of the random producing Apiary, used by citizens as health tonic
  • Water - Food (Edible) - product of the Village Water Well, used in brewing Mead and consumed as food (no nutrition)
  • Wild Honey - Food (Edible,Fruit,Grain) - not produced in this mod, use with New Flora by tanypredator. Wild Honey used in brewing Mead and consumed as food

Change Log:

v1.0   --   initial release  (01 January 2019) -- DSMeadBrewing_v1.0_20190101.zip - 17.3mb (17,780KB) -- DSMeadBrewing.pkm - 28.4mb (29,170KB)

Download & Install:
- download from the downloads page on the forum: here.
- you will be taken to mega storage website to download a .zip file.
- unzip the mod (right-click, extract all...)
- place the .pkm file inside your Banished/WinData folder.
- enable the mod in the mod list. play.

Translation modding:
DSMeadBrewing_StringTables

Download the mod from here

wiscoke

I love it!!
the only thing I miss now is 2-story/3-story residential buildings (normal/corner) . maybe one day if Fulbert Wright housing finds enough laborers to extend their business ;)

taniu

@Discrepancy :DThank you very much - great addition - big honey production for bannies. Cheers

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

tuggistar

Thanks for the wonderful mod. The Mods Pick & Hen Tavern can now be removed I suppose?

Glenn

elemental

Quote from: tuggistar on January 01, 2019, 04:42:36 AM
Thanks for the wonderful mod. The Mods Pick & Hen Tavern can now be removed I suppose?

Quite a while back P&H was getting a rebuild/makeover. I hope that one gets released some day. Until then, this looks great.  :)

Discrepancy

thanks everyone :)

Quote from: elemental on January 01, 2019, 01:38:28 PM
Quote from: tuggistar on January 01, 2019, 04:42:36 AM
Quite a while back P&H was getting a rebuild/makeover. I hope that one gets released some day. Until then, this looks great.  :)

Keep the Pick & Hen in the mod list for now, elemental is correct. It is still in the WIP pile ;) neglected... but not forgotten about.

tuggistar

Thanks for the reply - elemental and discrepancy.