News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Hulberona

Started by brads3, November 26, 2019, 05:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 31

with the towns stable and the land cleared,we can extend the tracks to the edge of the next valley quite quickly.

a family of 4 approached the laborers as they were clearing farther north.they had heard rumors of a railroad and traveled a ways to find us. they had plans to set up a trading post to trade goods between mountain trappers and hunters,indians,and colonists.they figured they could trade farther away and with more people with the railroad than by horse and buggy.they will build near the trapper forest.

apparently, this inland trader brings in furs.the family will need to build a workshop to make goods to trade out.the beaver dam and trapper has produced enough furs.between the trapper mod,RKs bison,and the pine mod we have 600+ furs stockpiled. i wish this had more options such as trade furs out and food in.

there is a lot of railroad to build and buildings to be tested. i really can't say yet how all these will work. my understanding is the KID railroad will trade coal out.will it also trade furs out?  the modders have gave us many options.

the mod order for this map has 3 railroads plus KID's trapper mod plus the CC indian  trade post. i used the DS tracks thru the start village and around the DS buildings.RED's tracks wound around and thru the mine valley.KID tracks go north from the  road.they all fit together. the DS tracks are sharper and appear a tad thicker graphically. the build requirements are the same.this gives 2 railroad towns, RED's and KID's, and the DS industrial mod set.the DS mod also has its own trade system.

this is a huge test of a lot of different mods and concepts. the DS happiness and health,that comes with the industry mod. that has to be figured out in order to get the industry mod to function.so far it is not causing probems. the railroad mods. and the inland trading of the fur trapper mod. i am curious to see how well they all work together.

did i confuse anyone?

pic 1: kid tracks north
pic 2; ds track hub,rk tracks run thru town
pic 3: fur trader

brads3

YEAR 32

now and then there are 2 very happy bannies on the map.i have tried a few things to improve the happiness and health. different food varieties,traded for more meat,increased firewood,gave them more time off work. there is some slight movement to the happiness graph. the health is at 4 hearts.the bannies in the villages are showing full health.

an ale stand will be set up at the start camp and 1 in the southern mine valley.we slow the use of charcoal and add a 6th wood cutter.

the workshop for the fur trapper mod makes trade goods for the inland trader.it wil use logs and iron.it could make the trade goods out of wool if we had any.

the huge DS blast furnace is completed and 3 workers are sent to process iron. the blast furnace does produce more iron than the KID mine  in less time.so there is a payoff for it, as long as you can keep it fed with ore and coke. we did need more buiders to finish the blast furnace and keep laying tracks.

pic 1: trapper workshop akes the trade out goods,the inland trader brings in furs
pic 2: 6th wood cutter
pic 3: DS blast furnace to process iron
pic 4: south MV ale stand
pic 5: start camp ale stand

brads3

YEAR 33

since we have so much fur,we need to build a tailor shop. we had enough graduates to send 4 to the industrial mine.tracks now lead to the blast furnace to keep it supplied with iron ore.the tiny brewer is storing most of the mead.we increase the luxury limit and build a OT tavern near the RK forest.it will make ale from berries.a preservist makes apple jam for the start camp.

we are using logs faster than the foresters can cut trees.we will need a 4th forester south of the fur forest.

pic 1: fur tailor
pic 2:blast tracks
pic 3:Ot stone tavern

brads3

YEAR 34

the bannies made an agreement at the town meeting in the spring. word was sent to the Fort for a set of helpers to cut more logs.this is needed before we extend the tracks farther north. this forest will grow fruit trees to compensate for the extra work needed to keep them fed.it will also need a sawmill for firewood.the bannies will produce more goods to increase trading. a school and church are completed for the railroad workers.these can be used by the fur and fruit forest workers.our laborers will begin to clear trees from the north valley for fields.we have sugar beet seed and tomatoes to plant there. the bannies have requested  food processors to be built along the east tracks.they also request more time off during the cold winters.

the dock trade post begins to stock brick and pottery. a 2nd open kiln is set up for glass and a lime kiln to feed it. sand needs to be mixed with lime to make pottery or bricks.a 3rd worker will help stock the dock TP.

the fort lieutenant arrived in the summer to inspect our progress. he had hoped we had dug a gold mine.being from the coast,he was in awe at the height of our mountains.he now understood why we needed so many food shipments. he said more food and supplies will be sent.he left a group of 4 to help us haul the logs.more help will be sent once he returns to the fort.

the  lieutenant took a lot of notes while he toured our villages. we figured he must be content with all our stockpiles of supplies. we produce iron fittings and wagon parts,brick,pottery,and glass. we smet copper and iron.we have 2 ways to make charcoal,3 types of tools,and 2 types of clothing.we even have some salt stored. of course, he kept repeating that if we had the tracks layed,we could move goods much faster and easier than the boats. the trains can haul more at a time and handle the heavey weight.

pic 1: lime kiln
pic 2: bridges to the fruit forest

brads3

YEAR 35 and 36

a family of 4 arrives from the fort.they have plans for a sawill to increase our firewood.   we have cleared enough logs for a forest barn and the apple forester.thou we lack logs, our piles are full of iron,clay,and sand.   a DS industrial barn needs built by the blast furnace.

as the laborers begin to clear trees from the north valley, DS cabins are built for the fruit forest and a gatherer hut. slowly we make some gains.

pic 1: blast storage
pic 2: KID sawmill
pic 3: fruit forest

brads3

YEAR 37 and 38

we are graduating bannies faster than the fort sends help. we had to slow down laying out tracks due to the log shortage.we are behind on our goal. the candlemaker uses 1 worker.he keeps  the industry mine's 4 miners supplied but is not making a surplus.beeswax is produced faster than the candle  maker uses it.we are concerned that we send more marble than is hauled out each year.hopefully we can catch up.

we send a 4th worker to dig the marble. the fur tailor gets a helper.the fruit forest adds a mini herbalist.the laborers start plowing fields in the north valley.

sure now the fort sends help. 7 workers with 5 children arrive.they have orders to clear the north valley of trees and keep the rairoad workers supplied with logs. east of the north valley,2 mini foresters will work to cut more trees.

one of the helpers was very ill by the time they arrived.they have a strange disease, biliousness. at least it is not suppose to be contagious.with some rest at the clinic,the bannie recovered quickly.just before another came down with scarlet fever.

pic 1: double mini forest by the stream
pic 2:north valey farms

Nilla

Yes, DS has increased the number of diseases. I  had to look up several of them because I had no idea what kind of illness it was. But there are also broken bones and such things. Luckily not contagious!

brads3

YEAR 39

we clear 2 more fields and lay more tracks. the railroad is extended north to the edge of the 1st railroad town.
we have a storage issue.we are storing surpluses of iron,clay,sand,and a mixeture of processed goods. all our piles are getting full in the mine valley. i made adjustments and sent ore workers stocking the trade posts.we built 4 DS anvil statues to use up some copper and iron.  once the railroad town starts moving coal, these pies will get emptied.

the hapiness does have an affect. between it and the distance north,workers are moving supplies for the builders much slower. we have plans to use several RK carts to help move building supplies for the town.

pic 1: DS anvil statues
pic 2: north tracks

tuggistar

Hello brads3.You've got a good city. I'm again asking about the mods of The Pine Set V105 with a Crystal Cliffs Farm V102 patch on top. In combination with mods with individual maps such as "overrideMap.pkm" from kid1293 no matter where I put the mods The Pine Set V105 with a patch of Crystal Cliffs Farm V102 on top, on the list, when you start the game is always Crash.

Game without "overrideMap.pkm" with maps RK Editor Choice or MegaMod 8.01 at The Pine Set V105 with a patch of Crystal Cliffs Farm V102 on top is all right and working.
Can You give me a try the Pine Set V104 for a tryout. to try combinations with it.

The site http://blackliquidsoftware.com/ is not working now and the version of The Pine Set V104 has nowhere to get, as you have in the list. I assume you have a version of The Pine Set V104.

brads3

did you try a medium size map and mediu start setting with the pine mod above the map override? have you tried CC terrains instead of the orverride? my concernn is  if the 1.05 doesn't work the 1.04 won't either. the pine mod is picky about the start setting,if you try an A&E start or others,game will crash. i have done that and spent hours trying to find why it didn't work.

if none of that works,try using the new flora patch by itself above the override with no pine mod enabled. if the new flora patch works, then add the pine mod and crystal cliffs below the override map mod.the flora patch will add the gathering items but not the trees. then you would need to plant pine or maple forests with the pine forester.

tuggistar

I have a list:
BuxtonSketchFont
RealCalendarRu
Cold realism
RKCharcoalPatch
RKECtownhall
Flax Patch
New Pine Flora
Crystal Cliffs Farm V102
Pine Set V105
SeasonFX
RK Ducks as Livestock (with Feathers)
RK Editor Choice Full
Horse Wagen
Infections
Castle Storage v1
Magazine Materials V1
EB Unified Mod
MegaMod
the rest of The Maritimes mods.
Bottom
Large map size. Start setting Adam and Eve, All Medium and Jack Jill, Hard Alternate and Hard
works with start setting and maps from RK Editor Choice.
These start setting i'm mostly interested in.

brads3

yeah that is the problem. pine mod and some others only load on mediu starts. will not work with any Adadm and eve start or REDs genesis.try the pine flora mod above,but move the pine and crystal cliffs to the bottom.

tuggistar

Thanks for the advice earlier. I put the mods Pine Set V105 above the Override map AND
The list is now as:
BuxtonSketchFont
RealCalendarRu
Cold realism
RKCharcoalPatch
RKECtownhall
Flax Patch
New Pine Flora
Crystal Cliffs Farm V102
Pine Set V105
Override map
SeasonFX
RK Ducks as Livestock (with Feathers)
RK Editor Choice Full
Horse Wagen
Infections
Castle Storage v1
Magazine Materials V1
EB Unified Mod
MegaMod
the rest of the Maritimes mods.
All starting condition from RK Editor Choice works absolutely everything with Medium map Size.
With Large map Size there is an endless download, when choosing the start setting that interests me. I'm going to play Medium Map Size for now.

tuggistar

I'll play over the mods list a little later, with the location of the Pine Set V105 mods with MegaMod as the main mod.

brads3

@tuggistar  a i reading correctly that you have the pine mod above RK and can do a genesis start? what trees or terrain did you set that at? i wonder what the cold realism does.i expect it just deals with snow and tempeaturess. do you still have REDs wild animals too?