News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Multi-Challenge #2: Vegetarian Village

Started by solarscreen, June 27, 2014, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Quote from: canis39 on July 19, 2014, 10:54:06 AM
I do have a vegetarian village (Vegetaria) but I haven't played in 3 or 4 days so it's not really finished...I guess I may try to post it anyway.

Are you the only rookie in this challenge?  I didn't look back over the entries yet.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

mariesalias

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 19, 2014, 10:40:57 AM
so... i ve checked all pages in here and we seem to have these participants to vote:

@rkelly17 => with town of Steel
@irrelevant => with Rickettsville
@ivorymalinov => with town of Innis
@RedKetchup => with Lucky Seven v2.0
@slink => with Boltona
@salamander => with Falafelopolis
@Bobbi => with Crossroads
@canis39 => i think he gave up.

right ? did I missed one ? Marie ?

No, you didn't miss me. I failed to finish on time. :(   My only excuse is I am obsessed with a book series currently and have been reading when I should have been playing.  Thanks for remembering me though, and for the list; I want to make sure I look at everyone's towns!

salamander

Quote from: irrelevant on July 19, 2014, 10:57:05 AM
@salamander wins for the best name with Falafelopolis! Man, that is fun to say; Falafelopolis! Falafelopolis!
Thanks ... I have to give my wife credit for that one.  She'll be handling all my public relations from here on.

irrelevant

I've been saying that aloud all day. People think I'm insane.

Well....

Zephormite

Now you've got me saying it. Reminds me of Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street ;)

salamander

Dear Diary: The Cerebral Paralysis Codeword is taking effect -- two down, 7 1/2 billion to go.  My evil plan for world domination is working ... Bwah Ha Ha Haa!

I don't think it's required, but would it be possible to have savefiles for the entries?  I've haven't been able to find them for @slink, @ivorymalinov, or @rkelly17.  The screen shots they posted were wonderful, but I really like being able to zoom out to get a big-picture view for some of the challenge categories.

slink

I didn't bother posting mine this time because previous champions hadn't bothered.  But here it is.

salamander

@slink, thank you!  :D

It seems like @RedKetchup's list is complete.  For convenience, here are links to the posts with screen shots and/or savefiles for the entries.  If I've left anything out, please let me know.

@RedKetchup -- Lucky Seven v2.0 (savefile / blog)
@slink -- Boltona (savefile / screenshots / screenshots)
@irrelevant -- Rickettsville (savefile / blog)
@salamander -- Falafelopolis (savefile)
@Bobbi -- Crossroads (savefile)
@ivorymalinov -- Innis (screenshots)
@rkelly17 -- Steel (savefile / screenshots)

RedKetchup

well ! a lot of difficult choices to take in here !

Best Looking....
Most People....
Most map area used....
Best In Show....

can I ask the difference between : best looking and best in show ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

salamander

Thanks, I've added to the list of links for files.

salamander

Here are my votes for the Vegetarian Challenge.  I really enjoyed seeing all of the towns that entered, but these are the ones I think best fit the categories of the challenge.

Best Looking: @rkelly17
What can I say?  @rkelly17 has a real knack for creating beautiful towns.  I like the layout of the population centers and the natural look of leaving a good number of forest untouched.

Most People: @irrelevant
2000 total population ... wow!  :o  I still haven't broken the 1K mark, yet.

Most Map Area Used: @RedKetchup
I thought @RedKetchup's town squeaked by a little bit over the next best -- I'm estimating 80-85% of the map used (which I know is subjective).

Best in Show: @irrelevant
Rickettsville was a close second to Lucky Seven as far as map area covered, and had the highest population.  Personally, I like the absence of mines/quarries, which is what made the difference.  This category was a hard one to decide on.

I'm having a hard time with the Best Rookie Entry, mostly because I'm not sure who qualifies.  As I read the rules @solarscreen set for the challenge, I think the entries that could be eligible for this category are @rkelly17 and @salamander.  If I'm right about this, my vote would be:

Best Rookie Entry: @rkelly17

If I've overlooked someone for the last category, or have wrong what's a 'rookie', please let me know.

RedKetchup

my vote:

first the 2 easiest ^^ :

Most People : @irrelevant
Most Used : @irrelevant

now the 2 hardest.... really hard ^^ :

Best look : @slink
Best in Show: @Bobbi

Best rookie: @salamander
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Most people: @RedKetchup
Most area: @RedKetchup
Best looking: so hard! @Bobbi, @slink, and @rkelly17 have all created towns that I admire the look of; I only wish I were so creative. Finally have to go with @slink, I love the look of those farming hamlets.
Best in show: has to be @Bobbi, that town is more like a city, and is a manufacturing and trading monster with potential to reach pop 3000 (did anyone notice the pop curve? Not a curve at all, just a perfectly straight line heading up, like a plane taking off). Love the monumental scale of those central avenues. Shame about what high pop does to machine performance. 
Best rookie: @rkelly17, everything is so tidy and orderly, even the industrial areas.
Best falafels: @salamander

ivorymalinov

Hi all, feel free to remove me from this challenge as I didn't get a chance to finish it.

3 weeks ago I collapsed in extreme pain at a school sporting event and low and behold I've fractured two vertebrae in my lower back so I've been laid up in bed. Still haven't worked out how to hook my desktop computer into the whopping huge TV in the bedroom but when I do... woohoo, I'll be Banishing from bed.  ;D