News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Working on the bridge for the Village Set.

Thanks to Kid who shares all his sources in the Laboratory part of this forum I had the code and FBX so could look how it is done.

Still have to do the building stages and AO mapping. Going to do a lighter color F Key variant as well so it matches the village set.

After the bridge is finished I do some fences and start on a Iron smelter building.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Cool, more bridge variety is great  :)

Maybe you can also add another simple plank bridge for the small creeks?   :-[   :)

Looking forward to the smelter, and a way to get away from plain iron on the ground... I hope the smelter will also use charcoal as fuel  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Thanks @Paeng :)

I will make a some later a little simple fast crossing bridge as well.

In my for personal use Village set the Iron is from the ground and changed it to Iron Ore.
I used RedKetchups's Iron Ore Texture. I changed the stone texture as well while I was on it :)

With my for personal use replacement Textures I use as replacement of the Vanilla textures for the ground/mountain/pasture and the like it all blend pretty well together :)

Way more realistic and as many of my Village buildings not require that much iron it will not be really harder at start to go with the Iron from the stockpile at start of the map.
I still tweaking just a tiny bit here and there but I think it is almost there where I want it with the ground textures.

Then I will release it as a Mod for those who are just as me tired of the Vanilla textures.

Yes charcoal will be used as fuel.
I was thinking Coal and Firewood too but I will increase the input amount for firewood compared with Coal/Charcoal as it is not really sufficient to use firewood but at least it gives the player a choice to use it, but at a price, if they have a hard time getting Charcoal/Coal and still need Iron.

The smelter will be the first building in the Village Set Production Mod but I will release it when the smelter and a Charcoal burner is ready together with the Ore To Iron Changes.
The Village Iron Mine is already coded in my Personal use version to mine Iron Ore instead of Iron.

For testing I have the Village Blacksmith now make Iron from Ore but I will delete that option when the smelter is done.

Then I will do a included override so the Vanilla Mine will mine Iron Ore as well instead of Iron. If that is all done it will be the first release of the Village Production Set but plan to add more buildings later to the set.

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on August 26, 2017, 07:06:03 AMit will not be really harder at start to go with the Iron from the stockpile at start of the map.

Yeah, I always keep that small pile as long as possible - only when my tools drop very low, then I set the blacky to start on tools... usually that is just enough time to get his production going...

Quotewhen the smelter and a Charcoal burner is ready

You make a different one from the current (used e.g. for glass works)? Just curious...

I have to work on Asburnsville - it turned out so well, but I don't dare to upgrade too many things on the fly any more, don't want to corrupt it... but there are so many new/upgraded things lined up in my cache, I'm itching to start a new town...  ::)

embx61

I hear you.

I sometimes had a very nice map as well but also wanted to start a new one.
I just saved the old map and started a new one as well :)

I always played that one map with my beloved wife sort of together.
I sometimes looked how see was doing and vise versa.

She was pretty good with creating nice towns. I was somewhat better with the organization of the stuff. :)
So we learned from each other.

It is the only game by far my beloved wife played for a long time and also pretty long sessions.
I never have seen her doing that with any other game.
She liked the relaxation of Banished. After the first year and you survive the first winter it is hard to fail anymore unless you do really stupid things.

Then she played and watched some TV at the same time.

Toms Charcoal burner is nice and a charcoal burner not really have a theme so I think I just use Toms.
As the graphics are not changing it does not matter if I have the same building in two mods as the game will only load the textures and files once.

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on August 26, 2017, 07:56:59 AMwanted to start a new one.
I just saved the old map and started a new one as well :)

Yeah, I used to do that... I had gigabytes  ::)  of old saves with the intention of "going back later"... never did  :(

I'm so wrapped up in my towns, I know every nook and cranny, every spot where I still want to build something... once I leave a town, I'm done with it - opening an old save is like "why the hell did I do it this way, I should have done it like..." and so on... plus the fact that often you can't add new or upgraded structures... so no, I like closure on my towns, then move on to uncharted lands...  :D

elemental

Quote from: embx61 on August 26, 2017, 07:56:59 AM

She liked the relaxation of Banished. After the first year and you survive the first winter it is hard to fail anymore unless you do really stupid things.

I also like the game because it can be relaxing. When I first saw it on youtube it was played at 10 speed and it was one disaster after another, lots of death and failure. But then mods came along, including the 1:1 ageing mods and it's a completely different game now. Slow and relaxing and enjoyable. The Banished world is visually very pretty too. A pleasant place to spend some time. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on August 26, 2017, 04:00:02 PM
The Banished world is visually very pretty too. A pleasant place to spend some time. :)

mainly cause our mods :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

The Iron Smelter is almost done.

Then I run into an issue.

I only use the themed Village button in the community bar.
Then the several category buttons are called within the Village set to sit under the Village Themed button.

When I loaded the Village Production in the game it loaded a second category button next to the first one.
So I have to move those buttons to the community section as well so all mods recognize them and I can keep the sets separated as I planned to.

That means I have to recompile all my mods to reflect those toolbar changes otherwise when some have the load order different it screws things up.
It is luckily just a matter of copy and paste. Uploading all the mods going to take longer then doing the copy/paste.

The smelter, charburner, and bridge will be added to the village set. Then only later a Tavern to go and beside bug fixing the set will be done.
It is currently 53 megabyte and I estimate with the tavern I plan to do some later added and F key it will be about 60 Megabyte total.

All the rest of the production buildings I'm going to add in the same style as Village set going to be in the Village Production set.
I decided to add the smelter and charburner because the Iron Mine is set to mine Iron Ore so if I add the smelter to the village production set players need the village set loaded anyway or they have no mine to mine iron ore if they decide to play without the village set and only with the production set later on. It is a chain so best to keep those together in one mod.

I uploaded version 17002 of the Grizzly Valley Mod. I forgot in the first version to add the stone and Iron textures.  :-[

Coffee is ready and going to do the build stages, AO mapping and F key variant of the iron smelter.
After that is done I will release a new version. Probably tomorrow or Wednesday. Should be save compatible.

The Vanilla mine I have to change to in the village set so it mines iron ore instead of Iron. I changed the output from Iron from 1 to 2 to 2 to 3 as 1 to 2 iron was too low output when produced from Iron ore.

embx61

Released Version 17001 of Wooden Bridges. 1 dark wood color and 1 lighter wood color. I will expand this mod in the near future with some more bridges.

Released Version 17008 of the Village Set. Added a charburner (Tom Sawyers Model) and a Iron Smelter. In this version Iron is not gathered or mined anymore but instead Iron Ore is gathered or mined. The Added Iron Smelter produces 1 to 2 Iron from either 2 Ore and 1 Coal or 2 Ore and 1 Charcoal or 2 Ore and 2 Firewood.

I did not change the Vanilla Raw Material Iron File as I had planned to.

Note: The Smelter will get a loss with uneducated Smelters. It will make a little profit with educated Smelters but not by using Firewood.
Firewood was not a very good fuel to smelt Iron Ore but I wanted to give the player the option to use Firewood too but it comes with a price though to use Firewood.

See my soon updated spreadsheet for the numbers and hope to receive feedback on the values.

Released EB Village Vanilla Mine Override.
This complements the Village Set as it overrides the Vanilla Mine to mine Iron Ore instead of Iron.
Just put above the Village Set in the Mod list and while I did a test it worked even with a build Vanilla Mine.

elemental

The bridges look good. I like the clean, simple styling of your structures. Just in case you aren't already considering it, some coverings for these bridges would be great.

kid1293

One plus from me.

Very clean bridge and very much in your style. Like it a lot!

:)

embx61

I am in the process of putting a roof on the bridges. I not want to do ghosting though as it will screw up the AO.

The AO is generated on the bare bridge and a ghosted cover will still show snow under the roof because of the AO.

embx61

Uploaded version 17002 of The Green Valley Mod. For some strange reason the game not like the Stone and Iron Texture changes.
Not sure why as it works fine with Grizzly Valley  :o

The code is the same as Grizzly Valley and the only difference is different textures.
I keep looking into this why this happens.

I removed those 2 textures and tested 5 times a new game with version 17002 and had no crashes.
It worked every time in my save but when I started a new game today it crashed on me too.

The better news is that I am almost finished with 2 more bridges and upload a next version either later today or tomorrow.

embx61

Uploaded yesterday a new version (17002) of the Bridges.
Added three bridges to the set.

Working currently on some decorations like ghosted coverings which can be placed over stock piles and some ghosted animals.