News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Discussions 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, February 16, 2017, 03:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hello and Welcome on the new Mod Discussions 1.0.7

for the moment i dont know if we can make a 2nd section for Mod Downloads, i will ask around :)
if you post in the section we already have, it will create a link in the non-1.0.7 discuss forum, for the moment copy paste the link and delete it (or ask for delete it if you cant). as soon as possible we will make it redirect to 1.0.7.

Enjoy,
Redk
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I think these questions have bin partly answered somewhere else but a brief answer here in this general thread from someone who knows, could be helpful.

-Do these mods made in 1.0.7 work, if I play the 1.0.6 version of the game?

-Do the mods made in 1.0.6 work, if I load the 1.0.7 beta version of the game?

RedKetchup

1. if they contain a new Custom0..9 limit : No, not entirely. Mostly these limit will fall under Logs Limit.
2. Yes entirely but the icons will fill all the bars like a chicken without head. Extremly recommended to use a 1.0.7 if available.

Hawk

Rather than posting in each topic about your new releases for 1.07 ('cause you have a lot of them  ;) ), I thought I'd just post her and say thank you Red, for all your work.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on February 17, 2017, 05:53:50 PM
Rather than posting in each topic about your new releases for 1.07 ('cause you have a lot of them  ;) ), I thought I'd just post her and say thank you Red, for all your work.  ;D

Ha! welcome :)

Gatherer

Thank you Mr. Red and thank you all other great modders for your fantastic work.

I haven't updated the game yet (waiting for all of you to finish updating your mods) so I am just waiting patiently.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Nilla

I follow your example, @Hawk. Thank you @RedKetchup for this huge work.

Even if I don't have that talent, I think that it makes a lot of fun for you great modders to create new fantastic things. But this; just adapt your old stuff to new "technical surroundings" is what I think, only work. When you've done it once, it seems just boring. So, admirable work to do this for us users. We can't thank you enough! :)

brads3

i agree. this has got to be tedious work. it is much appreciated. thank you to all modders.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on February 18, 2017, 02:10:31 AM
I follow your example, @Hawk. Thank you @RedKetchup for this huge work.

Even if I don't have that talent, I think that it makes a lot of fun for you great modders to create new fantastic things. But this; just adapt your old stuff to new "technical surroundings" is what I think, only work. When you've done it once, it seems just boring. So, admirable work to do this for us users. We can't thank you enough! :)

thanks all.
yeah about getting boring .... thats true. this is why i try to add a little new thing at each mod while i am there in these ones. knowing very well i wont never comeback again ^^

tanypredator

Hello. Just want to say sorry that I disappeared. All this changes, toolbar and 1.0.7, are little too much for me (not to mention real life that consumes all time...)

To be honest, I don't like to have the main settlement menu expanded twice. And now that all new mods are going to be for 1.0.7, I'm not sure about this all.

QueryEverything

@tanypredator I have your mods, and I love them.
I am sure (and others would be too) that I would still use your mods even if you don't use the new toolbar.  It's not for everyone, and that's ok. :) 

I understand about real life, I hope you get to continue doing what you love. :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Tom Sawyer

I hope you will not totally disappear @tanypredator. Your ideas and (future) models would be missed. If you don't like this toolbar then just don't use it and don't care about all the messages around this topic. I'm also not sure with the changes. I will look at how it works and decide if I use it or not. No reason to hurry with 1.0.7. Or to stop creating something you like. :)

tanypredator

Thank you both :)

The toolbar is not the main problem, I understand, that I'm not forced to rebuild my mods to it, that is rather about playing. As a player I would prefer to have all buildings under the corresponding function buttons. But surely I can get along with other structure.

But this new update... As far as I can understand, if I don't use CC or NMT, I'll have just a dozen of new limits, looking like meat and not working at all? And new mods being build with a new mod kit means that they probably will not work without this patch - at least, if there are any storages...

Probably, I'll try to make some mod updates or new mods for 1.0.6, just need some time.

Tom Sawyer

Yes, that's my problem with the new button too. As player I want to build a house from the housing toolbar and a chicken coop from food production (for example). But the new flags are not a problem. They are not used in a vanilla based game and not shown in the status bar then. Only if a mod will add it there.

Hawk

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 20, 2017, 12:35:55 AM
I'm also not sure with the changes. I will look at how it works and decide if I use it or not.

Are you not going to update The North to take advantage of the new production chain flags and limits?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]