News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Creamery Dairy products v3.01 - RedKetchup

Started by RedKetchup, September 10, 2014, 01:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i took out many windows which were same as 2nd floor, and i ve put also a sign post :) a cheese sign

i also put some part of the creamery build a bit longer like the left part , and the roof in front over the road
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Better but i think it still looks a bit too much like a 2 stored house next to a small house.

Nilla

Perhaps you could make the groundfloor just in wood. It will probably not look as nice as this version does, but it would be more different than just the houses.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

if i change the skin , that will be the 2nd floor that wont fit.

80% of all commercial building in the world are in fact, real houses turned into something so can can make business and get money :S

Nilla

It is your mod. It must fit in your concept and the way you like it.

It is lovely, I will surely build it.

But as I said I like diversity. I like if the buildings look different. Not so much that they do not fit together but I like if they all look different.

rkelly17

@RedKetchup, I haven't yet built a creamery, but I might build a two-story version. The question is: Would your patented technology work to add second stories to Luke-designed buildings like the blacksmith or tailor or will it only work when you have introduced a new building into the game? Is it even possible to substitute a new graphic for a building that's already in the game?

slink

You can substitute a new structure for a building already in the game, as an override.  What you cannot do is repaint the existing buildings because we don't have the existing PNG files.   :(

Bobbi

So the override could not have different colors like you cows, @slink? And be shaped so that @RedKetchup's special technology could be used?
Also, when this re-do is released, I am assuming a new game will be necessary?

slink

Quote from: Bobbi on October 23, 2014, 09:08:49 AM
So the override could not have different colors like you cows, @slink? And be shaped so that @RedKetchup's special technology could be used?
The override would have to include the "shape" as well as the "paint".  I was lucky with the cowskin.  You saw what happened with the LEGO houses.

RedKetchup

Quote from: rkelly17 on October 23, 2014, 08:49:20 AM
@RedKetchup, I haven't yet built a creamery, but I might build a two-story version. The question is: Would your patented technology work to add second stories to Luke-designed buildings like the blacksmith or tailor or will it only work when you have introduced a new building into the game? Is it even possible to substitute a new graphic for a building that's already in the game?

we can build on old building. will it look good ?
answers : extremly ugly, you wouldnt want to try IMO.

Quote from: Bobbi on October 23, 2014, 09:08:49 AM

not necessairly, probably no, wouldnt crash. but dont expect all old design magically change in the new one. you would need to destroy them and rebuild them (if of course you want them to look the new design)

do I would want to do it on most of the buildings ? not sure. people are never satisfied. i pass my days to try to please people and always one who is never happy. so it is frustrating to want to help, to make things for a game i dont even play at all since 2-3 months. :P

Bobbi

Well, @RedKetchup. You are right. You can can please most of the people most of the time, but never all of the people all of the time. You must A) Please yourself and B) Please the majority and C) try not to let the few who don't like what you are doing annoy you. That being said, most of the people are only making suggestions which you can feel free to either ignore or implement if you like the idea. I have seen very few comments on any of your works that I would consider really negative. The one guy who simply could not understand how the boats work with your warehouse mod was one. I think he actually came back and apologized once he (or she) finally grasped what was going on. We appreciate you and the work you do, and I know most of us would be very sad if you stopped doing your really creative work.

Nilla

Again I am sorry if I annoyed or was hurting you, with what I said about the look of the creamery.

Is only my humble oppinon.

Bobbi

@Nilla, I do not mean to hurt your feelings, either. You only offered an opinion, which in my book is OK. When @RedKetchup releases the redo, just keep using the old one. I do not always "update" my mods if I prefer the old functionality to the new. And that does happen sometimes.

RedKetchup

Luke didnt answered my email sent 2 days ago.
Creamery Dairy Products v 3.0.zip

no idea if compatible with old save games. at your own risks.

sorry if i didnt please everyone.

changelog:
new skin for building. using the Graphic Overlap Technology ™ and compatible with Colorful Little Houses if you keep 2x4 squares to the right (2 squares width, 4 squares long)
new skin for the cows and now called Milky Cow.
tweaked some numbers : less milk, less beef, more cream and cheese.
added more different kind of yogurt (peach and cherry).