Request/Inquiry: Micro Management of All non food/animal items

Started by SetokaibaZA, September 24, 2019, 02:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SetokaibaZA

Hi Guys,

This forum is massive and I'd probably be dead by the time I've found enough time to see if you have what I'm looking for or not.  I do apologoise in advance if there is such a thing being done or have has been done.

I'm getting a little frustrated with the the whole materials/goods/luxuries broad spectrum of items and certain buildings overrunning the inventory and maxing the cap.  Even if you then increase the cap other buildings can't seem to keep up to produce decent amounts of desired items.  Constantly trading is a pain in the butt especially since its low level items that are overrunning the storage.

I want to micro manage ever single item produced the same way the game allows for the management of wood/stone/iron/tools/herbs etc. Food has never been an issue in my life and I don't really care of there is 3000 fish and 500 venison, but I do care if there is 2000 reeds/bees wax and bone-meal, and no roof tiles because heaven only knows why it keeps crying max limit has been reached.   :(

I would really love to be able to say what limit my buildings must try to maintain in all manufactured goods.  Barrels also tend to run wild in my games... I have really never needed to use that much.  This would also include things as sand and clay.

It's also a pain to go shut the building down to use the items up as I tend to forget to check on the level and it runs dry and them I must reactive them bla, bla, bla... It would be lovely to just set the levels of the individual items manually.  Should there be any issues, them I can see immediately which building isn't keeping up and I can increase the max limit or build another building.

I apologise for being wordy.

Many thanks to all you lovely peeps who've created the banished mods and Kralyerg for smooshing them all into one bundle.  It's made a really good game great.  ;)

Nilla

I´m no modder but I know from the discussions here on the forum that what you request is impossible. There are these categories. The creator of the game has set it to a limited number. Each product needs to belong to some category. The modder can choose to which category his product should belong. That´s all he can do. It´s a very blunt instrument that leads to the problems you have and I guess we all have in our games when we use mods that introduce a lot of new products.

SetokaibaZA

That is very unfortunate to hear.  :(

Thank you for the response.  It's much appreciated.