Main Menu

Kid & Abandoned - Native Village

Started by kid1293, September 30, 2020, 02:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid & Abandoned - Native Village

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=612

Hi.
This is our try to make a Native settlement.
I learned a lot about Native life and the People of the plains while doing this.
Abandoned came with most of the ideas and we searched out the info.

There are teepees and longhouses. A Fire Tent for curing tobacco and
to gather for a smoke. There are Sweat Lodge, Medicine Man, and Chief's Hut.
Some deco are also included. ...and more :)

I hope I have not stepped on any toes while making this.
I have tried to get away from popular/commercial images of Native Americans
but the game has its limitations and we can only do so much.

brads3

the Indians have done a rain dance so the great sheep will rain down on you as you rest. your buildings match up with those i have seen in museums. excellent work. enjoy the break.

Glenn

feneris

My only nitpick is that the totem poles like that were usually only done by the native people on the Pacific Northwest and they usually lived in cedar plank longhouses like these.

That being said. I certainly wouldn't complain if we had a set based on them too.

Abandoned

@feneris Actually the model of the totem pole looked more Aztec or Mayan than Native American before Kid customized it.  We were aiming for something that looked more like a thunderbird than an eagle or hawk.

taniu

@kid1293  ;D@Abandoned  ;D Thank you so much for the fantastic mod. Cheers

Abandoned

Link to downloads of updated mods for override clothes - Natives and Kid -Deco People Natives can be found here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3798.0

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3802.0

MarkAnthony

Hey @kid1293 , great mod here I like it a lot.

I was wondering if you had future plans for expanding this mod to include food production, preservation more specifically? Like drying and smoking the Game meat, Rabbit Meat, Fish and Venison etc,? And to make something from the foods collected by the Gatherer including the Berries, and also the Wild Honey from your Hunting Grounds?

I am not trying to pile on to your work load or take time away from your break, just wondering is all.

Thanks.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Abandoned

@MarkAnthony  This mod is has been completed and just released. We had thought of drying but decided against it, there are deco drying racks instead. The early plains tribes were more about survival than production. They dried buffalo and corn.  There is no future plans for this mod. Glad to hear you like the mod.  :)

twilightbreeze

Only problem I see is, you have several different tribes' styles going on here. But I won't nit pik.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

kid1293

Hi Twilight.
I must answer that I am in the dark about the different tribes. I have mixed from what I found in pictures and
what I read about. I tried to keep it as general as I could. Any special style is maybe lost. I also had to simplify
things because of a lack of information. What I thought would match is maybe not true to the real thing.
I am sorry if I have made any serious errors.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: kid1293 on October 05, 2020, 09:38:42 PM
I am sorry if I have made any serious errors.

It's fine, Kid.  You meant no disrespect, and you're not even from North America, so how would you know?  Worry not.

Abandoned

:)  That's what I said  :)  We did the best possible with models and meanings.  Even the cemetery is a burial grounds and tombstones and crosses are replaced with burial mounds.  I was unable to show in blog story, no one died, sorry no picture of it.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Abandoned on October 07, 2020, 07:11:06 AM
Even the cemetery is a burial grounds and tombstones and crosses are replaced with burial mounds.
Oh so the Native cemetery was supposed to have something displayed inside of it? I had three people die after my Native cemetery was built and it was just completely flat and blank inside of it, nothing visual to see.

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

kid1293

:-[ Maybe the mounds were too discreet. I had the same problem.