News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

A Chopping Idea

Started by kid1293, December 07, 2017, 06:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Hi!
I want to use what I learned during my two years here.
Why not add storage directly to a small wood chopper?
Perfect among a some houses.

Of course, it can be made into an industrial building with
lots of people working and huge space.

Ideas?

edit - It works exactly as it should, you can test it if you want.
edit 2 - It does not work when full of firewood. read on....

Maldrick

That's awesome @kid1293 !

This is exactly the kind of thing I love.  Lot of times I'll customize a woodcutter yard with your Log Depot as the main building and use choppers in the yard...some stockpiles with covers and put a fence around it.

Looks great.  I'll give it a look presently. Thank you.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Maldrick

Full disclosure....I just downloaded the PNG :P
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

kid1293

Abandoned

Taking a break?  Then out chopping wood  ;D  Fantastic chopper and shed, great idea.  :)

Necora

This has not been tried before? If I remember correctly it will work, until the storage limit is full, then no more wood will be chopped? I guess if you have a storage larger than the flag limit then it works, and for something such as firewood where there is only 1 item using that flag it is OK to manage, but if you did it on something that had multiple items using the storage flag it can get filled up with them and stop the place from working. That is if I remember correctly...

Maldrick

Love it :)

Not sure I've seen storage in a production building work like that.

brads3

didn't you actually make 1 similar a longh time ago? with a cover over the chopper and an added storage spot. i am thinking it was with the garden shed section of your downloads. 1 of those small tidbit mods that are neat but hide in different sections. i remember trying to download it once a long time ago.

brads3

to add to NECORA and MALDRICK. it has been tried but modding has advanced since. the 1 i remember might have been a 2 piece mod.the cover and shed as 1 and a 1x1 or 2x2 chopped piece.i wanta say it was like a 5x3 mod.

kid1293

I haven't tried it before. Will have to test when reaching limit/ storage full /...
I guess wood cutter will remove firewood when full (and make room for logs)
that is his prime concern.

Abandoned

@brads3 the covering mod has the storage units that can be place under the roof and with larger roof cover you can place tiny chopper or workplace pieces also.

KidYardCover

RedKetchup

yeah i think when the storage will be full 100% firewood, wont have any space to put the log in and cut more wood. and you cant take the firewood out to make more space to fill in... without demolish the building and reclaim once empty.

the building will block cause the storage full even if you have a million of stockpile empty.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Will have to test that!!

Right RK, when full they will simply abort job and do not move firewood.
Too bad. It was a good idea. :)

This idea suspended. WIll have to go back to think-tank.

brads3

there was 1 similar in design to the fenceless pasture shed. maybe the storage was decoration only. was like a year and a half ago.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1189.0;attach=11096;image

kid1293

The shed is an edited pasture shed I made for queryeverything.
It is just to be able to test this idea.
I can see now it has probably been tested before.
There is no solution to storage problems.

Wood cutters and bannies fill it up with firewood. When full everything dies out.
A storage has to be separate from the production or it will sooner or later interfere.