News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Specialized market buildings

Started by Bobbi, October 02, 2014, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

RedKetchup

i ll take care of you @slink as soon my warehouse finished and uploaded (if still need me) before someone steal my idea ^^
is it ok ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Sure, you go ahead with your magic warehouse.   ;)

Bobbi

@slink, it sounds like you are thinking "house" size for your store fronts, which would be OK I guess if they don't look like houses. I was thinking more 4x6 or 6x6, but if I could mod, I wouldn't have to pester other people, right? I hope you have fun playing with your new toy!

slink

I was thinking house size because all I had to work with were houses, but now I have 3ds MAX I can potentially make any size.  *slight cough*  Well, it only took the program two hours to install off the DVD, and about half-an-hour for me to register it because I had to circumvent the crashing browser code that they wrote.  It's finally registered now.  Oh, and I downloaded the third-of-a-gigabyte help files.   You'd think for that much money they could put the help files on the DVD, wouldn't you?  They are already up to Service Pack 2 on a 2015 product, which also had to be downloaded.  Anyway, hopefully I can begin working on models now.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 03, 2014, 10:07:33 AM
something kinda like that ? a market but without roads alll around , it s a road that pass through it ?

Sorry I didn't get back quickly.

Right, something kind of like that. Plus one where two roads cross in the middle. Oh, and one where the road through the middle is two tiles wide. I' pretty demanding.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 03, 2014, 02:47:02 PM
I've got the buttons back for the individual buildings.  The inventory isn't set quite right yet, but they are working correctly.

Nice work, @slink. I get so excited thinking about what might be possible with this.

PS: When you finish could you zip up a package of all your modified files so that one could study it to learn something about modding? Learn By Example? Thank you.

slink

RedKetchup

slink

I've got that link, thanks!   :)  I only downloaded a few things while I was awaiting delivery of the program.  I need to get halfway competent with 3ds Max now.  In an effort to understand I have made a Box House from one box and one pyramid.  It looks very primitive in the graphical sense.   ;D

RedKetchup

no ! from my experience, working with 1 box or 1 "pyramid" is never good.

check my example of warehouse, and go piece by piece. place your floor, then do your foundations. and then start to raise some studs (wood pieces) at each corner, and build your structure. once structure there, you start to make walls, roofs, windows and doors.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=569329843196774&set=pcb.825106057541536&type=1&permPage=1

slink

For the button discussion.  Notice nub for the group button.

RedKetchup

and where is your main toolbar icon ? do you have his 3 png in sprite ? and its entry in your stringtable and it s entry in spritetable?

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 04, 2014, 05:32:50 PM
and where is your main toolbar icon ? do you have his 3 png in sprite ? and its entry in your stringtable ?

I gave to you the source code.  It should be using the same honeycomb graphic as the other buttons, but that is what I am having problems with.  Instead, it only shows a little round place, which does open but does not display the tool tip or the graphic.

RedKetchup

make 3 copy of your apiary.png and call the smallmarkets.png, smallmarketsWork.png and Buildsmallmarkets.png