News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: MOD: Lake Region terrain type - salamander

Started by salamander, October 19, 2014, 11:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

I think it is a pathing issue with the lakes. Even though you have a lake, the traders follow a path like there is a river. So, if you have a lake with an inlet at the top right and an outlet at the bottom right, the path will likely follow the right shore of the lake and no traders will ever go left.

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

salamander

I think you're right about the pathing, although I haven't personally had any lakes where traders completely ignored TP's.  This is one reason I'm hoping the fella who PM'd me will show up here.  The details of that map could give some hints as to what's going on.

rkelly17

Quote from: solarscreen on October 22, 2014, 07:48:24 AM
I think it is a pathing issue with the lakes. Even though you have a lake, the traders follow a path like there is a river. So, if you have a lake with an inlet at the top right and an outlet at the bottom right, the path will likely follow the right shore of the lake and no traders will ever go left.

It isn't exactly that. I just was playing a map where the lake only touched the river at the bottom of the lake, so none of it was along the path of the river. Merchants found the TP that I built on the lake. I would have built more, but @RedKetchup and @slink came out with new versions of mods, so I started a new town.

Coug_r

I changed the path of the merchants once, by mistake. I built two trading posts facing each other, leaving no place between them. The boats seemed not to be able to go through. There was a way to get over this obstacle through smaller streams, and that's what they did (for instance on the example of large map size in Salamander's post, if you were to create such a "dam" inside the current screen view, the boats would go through the big lake on the right and then the smal stream going back to the main river).

I didn't try to put a trading post somewhere on this new path though, but in my case there was no lake on the new path, just a smaller stream.

rkelly17

Quote from: Coug_r on October 30, 2014, 02:36:31 AM
I changed the path of the merchants once, by mistake. I built two trading posts facing each other, leaving no place between them. The boats seemed not to be able to go through. There was a way to get over this obstacle through smaller streams, and that's what they did (for instance on the example of large map size in Salamander's post, if you were to create such a "dam" inside the current screen view, the boats would go through the big lake on the right and then the smal stream going back to the main river).

I didn't try to put a trading post somewhere on this new path though, but in my case there was no lake on the new path, just a smaller stream.

True. If you don't leave at least a one-square space between TPs the merchants are entirely flummoxed. Even though if you watch them they often row right through a the middle of a dock.  ::)