News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

STUPER TEST: Swedes

Started by brads3, March 03, 2018, 12:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i have to add several disclaimers. it is not recommended to play this way. do so at your own risk. this includes risk to your sanity.playing this way may cuase emotional outbursts including but not limited to smoking,drinking,swearing,threatening the computer,or talking to yourself.the modders shake their heads at me for playing this way. there are even mods locked up to discourage such attempts.it could be worse. they haven't yet got the pitchforks and torches. so far<i won't give them my address> they haven't had me committed to the funny farm.   
     be advised i am not a PC person.no i don't mean a personal computer,though i only pretend to know my way around that too.i mean politically correct.i will say things without thinking. i take after my forefathers,who wanted to live free.conforming to rules is not my style.telling me how to act is just giving me reason to do the opposite. i think i am sane and the world is crazy.however i dont say or do anything to step on others.if i do say something off the wall, it probably is ment as a joke.i don't intend to step on or upset anyone.
   hopefully, noone makes me walk the plank or feeds me to the sharks or tigers.over time we have had many different modders. each with their own style and ideas.so too, players each have their own style and wat of playing.some like to decorate.some build huge cities, while others like building small functioning villages.together we have pushed banished to its limits, and LUKE has gave us more tools.each year there is progress.not only are new mods created,but also new tricks and ideas to unravel mysteries to the game code.
     RED's NMT mod,which is a part of the CHOICE,has many buildings that are too fancy for my style.i tend to build more rustic or colonial villages.however,there are many parts that i used extensively.the food processors got lots of use.for several years the medical clinic was my primary hospital.the fodder chain is a very useful addition. combined with NECORA's pine mod and BARTENDER's NAT DIV mod gives meadows and changes the entire map.TOM's NORTH has many new neat added ideas.workshop and hunting or gathering  changes plus it brings many rustic looking buildings.CC is a good combination mod. it has tons all in 1 mod. many seeds and orchards,variety of livestock,food processors.plus the fort and indian sets.it also has many chains that do frustrate many players.the inventory can become overwhelming or frustrating with so many items.
      mods aren't designed to fit everyone. but everyone can find something in each mod that should fit their individual style.that is what makes BANISHED unique and fun.this is a test of many different mods to see what can work together as well as what might conflict. other players always ask can this and that be done.this will answere some of those questions,as far as combining various mods.

this is a STUPER test. modders call it stupid and i say super.it is a combination of CC,RK CHOICE,and the NORTH with many parts added. it is over 120 mods functioning in 1.133 but not all enabled.how did i get here? i stripped the CC out and added modular pieces from CC.then added RK's choice mod and tons of KID's new mods.after clearing the registry and running multiple tests i had a base mod order.both compatability mods have been pulled out.i did downgrade some and added some 1.06 mods.these might help some storage issues others were having.
     with soo many mods there is some give and take. i give up copper and silver ore and wild chickens and pigs.i have 2 blank tags,white mulberries and fodder.i have red mulberries and thatch. the thatch is burnable by the houses including RED's.thatch is used by the stable as fodder.this way i have more meadows and less trees.not bad considering i started with 28 blank tags.my windata folder is 1GB smaller than before. this before the last step.

now i can add the NORTH mod and turn off several nordic mods.i had issues.general rule is the game loads the topmost mod 1st then the next from top to bottom.top mod overrides the next.there are exceptions,the north is a big exception.TOM likes to challenge me.it took some work to find a map that i could see.somehow the NORTH and CHOICE load to a darker terrain no matter which way they are in the mod order.TOM's locks work even if you were to move the NORTH to the bottom of the mod order.i actually needed the CC terrain mod to get a grass look and the very large map,even though that is included n RED's CHOICE mod.even then i had to beg and push the computer to load it.way too many tests just to have a map i could attempt to work with.again TOM reminded me that this most likely will crash.travel at your own risk.

none of that is a complaint.both the NORTH and CHOICE are huge mod sets.there is interesting options added to both.NILLA will scold me and say i should play a game with 1 then play a map with the other. but doing things the right way isn't as fun.there is a lot of work to set the mod order to play ,you want me to do it twice? i did keep a copy of the mod order before adding TOM's NORTH.if it crashes i can quickly reset.

i purposely did not post the mod order. 1 it is a long list. 2 i probably shouldn't encourage such craziness. 3 until i actually play it ,there is no way to know how right or wrong it is. i will give you 2 pieces of info. 1 the NORTH overpowers the CHOICE mod,mod order does not change this.RED's darker terrain overrides even itself when another start terrain mod is added.there is lots of give up in playing this way.
       will this be fun or fail??  i just hope the modders don't yell at me too much for my craziness.

oldgraywolf

Sounds like fun, when will you start posting? ;D
I never lose. I either win or I learn.

brads3

SWEDES

map settings swedes,360621324,CC verdant plains,very large,mild<this should play as a normal fair climate>,
no disasters,builder.

i start with beef cattle,rye,turnip,and barley seed,and pear seedlings.the bannies are sent to clear a crop field and pasture.a storehouse and cabin are set.since the pile is already at the limit,i add a zero to the logs,stone,and herb limits.as soon as the crop field is plowed,i send out a quick fisherman and hunter.then set the 2nd cabin.between the cabins,i start a town center. a mini townhall will give me a chance to see the inventory.goal here is to keep the bannies busy and not overfill the pile.

right off the start i have an issue,there is no thatch but it is required for the pasture.easy fix,since TOM has a sheep run that costs nothing to build.
       while the workers are busy collecting food,the 2 cabins and a woodcutter are finished.a NORTH workplace is next just to see what options it has.it does what KID's workplace mod does in 1 building except tools.i will need a blacksmith.the mini smith will allow me to make stone tools.
     i notice several things. 1 the beef cattle do produce milk.there is no boardinghouse option under housing except the added inn.the bannies have collected  food.due to this i send a 2nd quick hunter out near a reindeer herd.there is deer hides but no leather.i guess i will need a different tailor or hope the cattle produce enough.the overview window is arranged differenly than i am used to.you all will have to excuse me if i get confused or lost. i about panicked seeing the food down to 8 since the clothing is where food used to be.

overall the 1st year goes smooth.4 cabins,2 storage barns, and workplaces are built.i have a townhall to keep track of inventory.no major issues.unlike NILLA,instead of micro-managing i set the bannies to work and then when they aren't busy they help the laborers.saves me forgetting to turn them back on later.here i have 1 laborer but the bannies work like there is 5.the woodcutter,blacksmith,and the builder help as well as the farmer in fall and winter.

in year 2 ,i drop back to 1 hunter and set up a campfire.that will use the deerhides to make parkas.then the workers start on a fence for the pasture.
   i took some time to click around the map. it ias hard to see with so many trees but i do notice grouse and some bog iron.there is some bushes starting to grow so i do think over time the wild food will increase.
     since i have 3 9yr old children,i have the builder construct a thatch hut in the fall.this will do several things. it will keep a supply of logs. it till also collect stone and minerals in the circle.as the trees are cleared,i can see how much food is growing.another field will be cleared during the winter.

i did find that the food clear button does not clear pine mod foods such as fiddleheads,chanterelles,or eggs.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: setup yr 1,note the housing toolbar has workshops and fence but no boardinghouse except the added inn.
pic 3: campfire that makes parkas.
pic 4:thatcher hut and pine material storage.note the birdnest between the fields.the clear food button will not highlight it.the laborers however do clear it as eggs using the remove all button.

Nilla

Quote.NILLA will scold me and say i should play a game with 1
never!

That would take away the fun to see your struggle! You know that you are crazy! But it´s crazy in a good way, so I´ll be in your corner this time! Go on Buddy! Show us, that the impossible is possible!

brads3

YEAR 4-5

my toolbar does show some extra icons on the main toolbar. there is the DS small village and KID's rowhouse set,1.06 mods. i did this to test some market ideas.i also added the mission and PILGRIM'S colonial houses.both of which i had stored in a backup folder.
      NILLA claims the game will slow down this way. this gives time to plan ahead and also to look at all these new toys in the toolbox.plus while the population is low,the bannies can build some stockpiles of food and other goods.remember the mini townhall can pull nomads by itself to keep the bannies expanding.
    ok,now i can't build the trapper cabin without traps.where do i get or make traps? i will build a smith workplace and see if it can help. great now i need iron which i am way away from having enough materials or workers to do.for now i keep bannies busy gathering food.

the 15x15 pasture gives 24 milk and 400 beef,but only 2 cowhides.barley field is 500,turnips 600.both 10x10.fisherman is 500.the hunter varies as i do move him around.
    in my haste to set this up and adjust mod order,i did leave the more wood and stone mods on by accident.the stockpile is over full.to solve this i will add SLINK's markets. a farmers,industrial,and a smithy market.they will give more storage and use up some of the excess logs.

as soon as the workers are busy, 2 nomads arrive at the mini townhall.they bring a case of yellow fever with them.an herbalist from the FO. mod is needed.the outbreak cleared up on its own even before construction started.with extra workers ,they should be able to find more food and stone.
     a charcoal pit will help use logs up.the charcoal can be stored to process iron later.

pic 1: smith's options,also need clay to build the bloomery to process the iron.
pic 2: SLINK's markets.farmer,industrial,and a smithy market.1.06 mod
pic 3: yr 5 production.note the DS hovel with the thatch roof look.fits well with TOM's cabins.

brads3

you all can laugh now. i can't read the menu.it is like trying to order a steak dinner in a candy store.

Gatherer

We're not laughing at you, we're laughing with you.
:P
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Agree to that :)

Keep up the good work!

brads3

sure sure. you just want me to find alll the errors or mod conflicts. i have 1 big 1 but it didn't cause a crash and i do have a work around for it.

brads3

YEAR 6-8

the workers clear a pear orchard to boost our fruit.this will be an interesting test to see if the forget orchard mod functions or is locked out by the NORTH mod.will we have pears in year 1?
    i built a cabin for the 15yr old female.the bannies never play fair,they moved a 13yr old female instead.guess the builder will have to build another cabin.
    1 odd note,the thatcher does not stop cutting trees to plant thatch even though the log limit is reached.

TOM has his own chain. in CC you need materials to process another material.like furnace fuel to process iron or tin ore+ fuel to get tin, then use the tin to can vegetables.requiring several work places and the materials supplied at the same time. TOM has this where to build 1 building you need several others.to build "A" you need something from "B". to build "B" that you need building "C".now the question is do i need those items just to build or do i need a constant supply.so to trap do i need traps constantly supplied.it would take a lot of bannies to operate a trapping shed that way.
learning as i go and have to be careful about what i try to build.even a beekeeper requires bee hives.
     the more wood mod combined with these thick forests has ne overloaded on logs.the meadows would have made me work for logs.here i can't clear land.totally opposite what i am used to.as i said the toolbar and menu will take some getting used to. i keep reading the food count as logs.huge difference from 200 to 4000. if i wasn't lost, i could go faster.

now that i have found myself or fixed the log dilema,the charcoal pit stops.there is over 400 charcoal stored.the campfire worker switches to parkas only and will  help the laborer.there is a clay icon under the removal toolbar. i will try that to dig enough clay to build the bloomery.the laborers will keep busy extending roads and hauling rocks.

bloomery fails.worker carries iron ore can not drop it to the bloomery.RED does have a foundry that might smelt the ore. however, it requires iron, and TOM didn't trust me with any.i do have 1 option. the renewable resource mod can collect iron.works like a forester but for other resources.this is why i like having my mods enabled and functioning together. you never know what you might need.at least the game didn't fatal error and kick me out.
        there is a mountain to the east that can be used for the iron. it will take time to get there.the workers work to clear roads.hopefully, THE LANDING FORT sends us more help soon.

this is a nice change. in CC, i have always had to remove trees and brush and then lay the roads.even then you had to be careful that something didn't grow back before the builder got to the road.this ment going over the area twice at least. clear the land and layout the road. if the builder was  busy with construction,you had to do it again.long roads thru forests were tedious.now and then i would find a tree in the middle of a road that had to be fixed.with TOM and RED's mods, i can lay out the road and the builder will even cut trees as he goes.next spring, i can lay out a some long roads quickly.plus the laborers will be free to work elsewhere.

pic 1 pear orchard did produce the 1st year. toolbar shows the city services. the hospital is RED's,the TH is TOM's.
pic 2: the claypit ,corner of the field and orchard,is under the removal tools.a quick option.production toolbar
pic 3: failed bloomery won't store the needed iron ore.most likely cause by using the CC terrain mod to get the brighter ground texture. the removal toolbar.

Nilla

First to your question about the traps, if it was a question to the community and not only to yourself. No, you don't need a constant supply of traps.

Then I have a few questions; if you can't produce any iron, from where do you have all these tools? Are you sure, that the renewable resource work, if there's no iron lying around on the ground? Or is it? On a normal Nordic map there's only iron ore, no iron.

brads3

this is a issue when crossing several big mods.no crash though. i have iron ore. the renewable resource mod adds foresters that produce stone,iron ore,coal,and iron. i did use them in the  TOWNES map. the only way to know what will and won't work is try it. my hope is i can build RED's foundry and process the iron ore that way.
    i am learning as i go.

brads3

YEAR 9-10

during the winter i had the laborers work the markets to move items out of the barns.this will give the farmers more storage space closer top the fields.after they were swirtched back to laborers,they went on strike for a few months.i had to use the priority tool to prod them back to work.not sure why they seem to loiter at the farmers market.the are not being helpful at all.the builder kept working. he cleared a cemetary to pull the loitering bannies. finally i had to destroy and reclaim the markets.this caused them to waunder elsewhere and loiter.the priority tool does snap them out of it for a shrt time.the bannies are happy and healthy.just to add to the weirdness when i click through the laborers,it picks up a 3yr old child.this strangeness went on for a year.then the laborers went back to work.
    the cemetary is completely fenceless,not even a stone gate.

to keep the workers busy,i send them to start a fort wall.the campfire woker has to swap to the workshop and process cowhides,or we will be short on clothing.

the town has survived 10 years. how bad did i mess up? overall the mods are working together.only the iron bloomery won't function so far.there is a food gathering issue.when you send the laborers to collect food it doesn't work for pine mod foods and apparently not all nat div items either.only the remove all will highlight some items.
     i am low on clothing.hopefully, the cow hides will catch them up.in time i do have the pine furrier tailor that will help.i'll experiment with some and see what works better.thatch isn't being used by TOM's cabins or the DS hovel.it has supplied logs and stone.in time i do think getting the thatch hut started will pay off. it also opens up an area to see what food is being missed.this wil be useful to test a gatherer.

as i get used to the menu and toolbar options,the pace will pick up.i am due some nomads soon.

pic 1 laborers loitering at the farmer market.
pic 2 stats.food production toolbar has some different icons
pic 3  inventory. storage and market toolbar
pic 4 production
pic 5 food graph
pic 6 citizens graph.note the flowering plants that are not highlighter by the collect food tool.this glitch affects pine mod  and nat div items. i did to collect as herbs.

RedKetchup

btw, in beta 10, i made it soyou get my things on the ground when you start a new map :)
but i've let Tom put his iron bloom and change the deer skin.

i wish Tom make a more friendly version where he dont hijack the main toolbar as much as he does :S
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

LOL,so you over rode TOM's locks? sure now that i started a map.it is o'k. i stay behind 1 version for now.is interesting to see how the 2 mods interact with each other.long long ways to go. lots to test out here.