News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2: Arnetto

Started by brads3, May 18, 2018, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i should mention that i do have that issue with the main TP. i can build the canal,farrm,and all other trading posts incuding the north's.as soon as i place the main vanilla TP and click on it,the game does crash. i always figured it was due to the north and the wheel barrows.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

not yet. i can place it without crash though. i will need to get copper to build it.

brads3

RedKetchup

yeah, in one of my tries, i placed the lighthouse first and it did made the townhall ok after :P
weird

brads3

YEAR 59

an herbalist is added to the northeast KIDD forest. a woodcutter there takes us to 10 and 2 lumbercutters. a duckbind and nordic fishing pier is built near the mouth of the river.before i send a worker to the CC beekeeper,i remember to save the game twice. the laborers do spend some time clearing brush and trees around the west farm fields.
       the firewood dilema continues.we trade for over 1000 firewood and bundles.the graph shows a spike and instant drop.the spike isn't as high as the trade increase.futhermore we show more used than produced even with the trade,after this i took in thatch and it shows no surplus either.for a few years there was a net gain to firewood production but not to storage.it appeared the bannies were starting to hoard more in their houses. i would think by now the houses should be full.

the RK and CC beekeepers  produced beeswax that will work for a KIDD candle shop.so all beeswax must be flagging under the 1.07 since the CC candeshop wouldn't use it before.it can make candes from tallow produced by the CC butchers.

pic 1:duckblind
pic 2:CC apiary
pic 3: KIDD herbalist and woodshed
pic 4:yr 60 firewood graph,note the spike and instant drop

brads3

YEAR 60 REVIEW

population has grown steadily to 607 in 144 houses,2 boarding houses,and an inn.there are 2 original educated settlers.Zack a 75 yr old male and Opher a 76yr old female.work to increase food and firewood continues.we have added more tailors,beekeepers,and butchers. enough logs are cut to allow us to cut lumber.

we will need another blacksmith soon.more wheat fields are needed to supply the mill.

pic 1: yr 60 stats
pic 2-3: production
pic 4-5: inventory
pic 6: food graph
pic 7: population graph

brads3

YEAR 60-61

I SENT 3 apprentices to help bundle reeds.another reed farm will be needed to keep the supplied.another worker was sent to help at the red dairy.it does show a slight increase.i added extra workers to both maple orchards to see if they will help.2 workers didn't improve the orchards.
          2 houses and pine gatherers are built to the far west fodder meadows.a toolshed is built at the forest village with another DS hovel.the laborers are busy clearing land for wheat fields.the fodder workers do bring in firewood.just shows how odd the mods work sometimes.the dense forest mod has stopped firewood from appearing anywhere except the fodder meadows.

we will need to increase trading.i saved and checked building the main trading post again. it causes a crash.there are several options so it isn't a big problem.i decide on a dock trader since it will hold more goods.a pelt tailor is built at the forest village and a workplace tailor is added to our small original forest,north of the mining mountain.the clothing limit is pushed to 2500.

the extra dock workers did increase the firewood,but they ran out of reeds.there are now 7 reed farms supplying 3 workshops with 2 workers each.duckhunters aren't working well.i tried to build the hunter a new house and also added a 2nd blind.i could move the dock addon mod higher in the mod order and above the CC.

pic 1: dock apprentice houses
pic 2-3:fodder gatherers
pic 4:forest village tailor
pic 5:river dock trading post
pic 6: more wheat fields and Pilgrim houses

brads3

YEAR 62-63

Pig pasture is giving us 1440 pork and the reindeer is 960. both will get a 2nd worker.we will extend the road and cross the stream to the far east.more forests are to be built to the edge of the map on both sides.

i had a request.people were getting lost so a lighthouse was needed.the RK foundry was switched o copper and we traded for more.our construction limit was raised to 2500 to keep the foundry working.

a KIDD sawmill will work the west to and 3 more forests are planted.4 gatherers,2 hunters,and a herbalist will work the forests.

pic 1:RK lighthouse
pic 2:CC deer butcher and KIDD sawmill for the west forests
pic 3: RK west forest,a mini is south of it ,and another RK.
pic 4: RK hhunter cabin

Nilla

I'm happy that your town still lives! :) It looks like you still struggle with fuel.  Have you noticed any difference, if 1 or 2 workers are working in the pastures? I think you put several workers in sites in a very odd way. Much different from how I do it. I have never seen, that pastures produce more with several worker. Fishing docks, gatherer, forester, and to some part also hunters do increase the production with more workers. But at least in many of your games, you never use the maximum workers in these sites. What are your thoughts here?

RedKetchup

how strange your lighthouse footprint is 100% ok while if i add it in my game, i get the building 1 tile offset.

brads3

hi,NILLA. no, more workers doesn't help much at the pastures. i did leave the extra on the cattle pasture since it did seem to give more milk than beef that way.might have left some at the pig and reindeer,since i have too many laborers.normally, i don't like to double workers. often the 2nd worker doesn't get double the 1st.more yes but not twice as much, in this map without education,the workers are so young.you can't move them yet so i did use a lot of apprentice workers.they have helped keep up on tools.there is double workers on the forestors as well.there is plenty of venison so i didn't double hunters.here it is to keep up with the education losses.

there is many woodcutters and 3 sawmills. all scattered and some with market carts supplying them.plus they burn thatch and we have traded.it is better.each winter shows a surplus of 300-500 left in storage.

brads3

RED your trick didn't work either. i can't build the townhall even after the lighthouse. i doubt i can the main trade post either.but i can make KIDD's upgraded TH's.

brads3

YEAR 64-65

Zack will turn 80 this year.both of the last 2 original setters wil be over 80.1 of the 1st nomad itworkers is aso 80. thou we have strugged, the bannies remain healthy.
        none of the orchards do very well with the rain and cool summers. we are lucky to get above 60%. the workers have been sent to harvest in august many times.this actually is more concerning than the lack of education.schools in time could help that,but education won't overcome the climate issues of the orchards.the growing season of the fruit trees seems to be longer than the crops,hence they are affected by lower temperatures longer.  even so 2 9X9 apple orchards are planned.1 standard and 1 dense.
    such is our story here.we increase firewood and food drops.we increase food crops and firewood drops.back and forth.to help a tiny food trading post will be set u to trade excess leather coats.

15 years since i thought it would hit 0% education level. over that time,i have added forests and plant more fields.not much else can be done.many efforts have been made to increase firewood but they don't payoff enough.i would like to test more of KIDD's mods,however i felt it would be wrong to do so with such a low education level. also,we would eat up food reserves quickly.even building houses has been slowed to help.

i sent a 3rd worker to the 3 fodder meadows.since forest village's log depot is full of coal,a RK log cart is added.to help control the coal and other excess items,a resource depot wharehouse will be built to keep them near the production area.it will store coal,silver ore,copper ore,gold ore,and rough gemstones.the clay and some sand that we took in trade can also be kept here.
    the food trade post takes in a huge shippment of food. 3000 is a value 1 and the rest 2 and 3.the merchant takes 250 coats.he brings another 5000  food in late winter.the other trade posts have taken in 400 thatch.

pic 1:bison pasture
pic 2: fodder growth
pic 3: CC resource depot
pic 4: tiny food trade post
pic 5: yr 65 stats

brads3

YEAR 66-68    0 education level reached

with the food trades from last year,it is a good time to build houses and move more farmers closer to fields.to the far east,we begin to add CC orchard forests.the 1st will be apple trees.a chesnut orchard forest is started near the apple forest

Zach passed away in august,Opher died in november.the education level reads 0.i will run this with 0 education for 2 years ,then build schools.by year 80, the production levels should improve.

a CC stables is built.it does cause a fatal error. not surprising since i do think it is causing the issues with the oats.it did store the corn and finally used the 200 up. very shortly after, it crashed. i dont remember any merchants bringing domestic animals for trade either.

otherwise,the town has survived the 2 years with 0% education.  there are 170 houses.562 working bannies with 200 as laborers.there are 193 children.our wood cutters are cutting enough firewood to supply the homes.the workers clear and plow more fields.we now have 100.

pic 1: yr 66 stats with 0 education
pic 2:east apple forest
pic 3: chesnut forest
pic 4:vegetable seeed fields  and sorters
pic 5:100th field
pic 6: yr 68 stats