Previous topic - Next topic

Trizeropz

Nomads brought ebola:0 thats not good:/

Trizeropz

funny name generator. 'Teller' is the german word for plate^^

"Plate, clean up your room!":DD

irrelevant

Excellent! You'll get there.

Regarding churches, I'm not sure that belonging or not belonging has any happiness effect. The buildings themselves do have a happiness circle, so I put them where they will counteract the negative effects of mines and quarries. But I no longer bother to provide membership for all my guys, and I normally can easily get five stars.

Ebola? Seriously? I thought you weren't using mods.  ;D

Reminds me of Sink Mill, where my last big batch of nomads brought small pox with them.

Trizeropz

haha its yellow fever. if its spreading so fast it could be the unexpected end:/
is there a different between diseases? my people mostly have still 4,5-5 hearts healthy so i think not that much will die
i reached church limit 2 years ago and happines dont went down. now im demolishing 10 churches.

Trizeropz

anyone experience with the regularity with nomads? i know they are very random. but last nomads had a time 5 years, and the nomads before only 4 years. maybe i have luck and can survive 4 years more and next wave of nomads are coming:D
how long was your space between 2 nomad 'crowds'?

irrelevant

Quote from: Trizeropz on April 03, 2015, 06:53:49 AM
haha its yellow fever. if its spreading so fast it could be the unexpected end:/
is there a different between diseases? my people mostly have still 4,5-5 hearts healthy so i think not that much will die
i reached church limit 2 years ago and happines dont went down. now im demolishing 10 churches.

Pretty sure that individual health has no big impact on whether someone falls ill, or on whether they survive or die. The chance of falling ill comes from a table, as does the chance of dying (individual health could possibly be a modifier). http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=357.0

Trizeropz

Trizeropz

i think it have an effect if your people have 2 hearts or 5 hearts. i think they die less and/or heal themselve without hospital from the disease. i would say i saw this sometimes

irrelevant

The good news is that yellow fever is fatal in only 5% of the cases. ;D ;)

irrelevant

My experience with nomads has been that they will come every 4-6 years. Of course, the Daemon RNG has his say as always.

Trizeropz

ouh yea ive overlooked the deathrate. nice
4 years for next nomads would be nice ;D ;D
and somewhere was a rate how many nomads in percent of the total population will coming. was it 8-14%?

Nilla

I'm impressed! I wish you very much luck with your 5000! How slow is your game? I have never played a big game on a large map because it's too slow with these terrible lags. I hope you have a better computer.

Quote from: Trizeropz on April 03, 2015, 06:39:28 AM
funny name generator. 'Teller' is the german word for plate^^

"Plate, clean up your room!":DD

Yes, I am sure the developer knows no German. I had one named Windel! (diaper) Might go for a baby, but what is when that poor fellows starts school?  :-\

And as @irrelevant says; the diseases and the general health are two completely independent things.

I have one thing I want to say; from my point of view, is your strategy to rely for population growth to nomads very inefficient! We have discussed this on this page before you where active. I will find a link to that discussion.

Trizeropz

okay thanks.
im at 20 fps with speed x1

irrelevant

@Nilla pretty sure I know where @Trizeropz is coming from regarding his desire for nomads; probably he just wants to get to 5000 as fast as he can, so he can be done with this town! ;D

Also, there's always a chance that he could move to the top in the open-ended nomad challenge.

Trizeropz

im at 4970 people now, every crop is harvested. 650k food.
going for the next baby boom. i removed some crops and placed about 200 new houses (wooden). only 14 people with disease, that makes me happy:)

yeah @irrelevant  thanks, youre right. i think i saw the thread about nomads, that the population growth is bad after accepting nomads. but i have nevertheless more population after some years of accepting nomads  than if i dont accept.