News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Interesting set. Do they do anything or are they just decorative? Do the stone parts function as roads? They look walkable but do they offer faster travel?

RedKetchup

oh wow ! thats really lovely !
they look very well done :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

The wooden parts are walkable but not sure if fast travel is possible. I tried to put roads down next to the channels were the wood walkways are but if the roads are finished it raises the water part of the channels up. :(

I did a test with one channel piece and made the side walks a bit wider so the water part of the channels are a bit narrower but building a road underneath the wooden walkways still raise the water part so make it unusable. :(

Most of the stuff is decorative but there is a so called lift pump piece a player can put down which act like a water collection point so Water can be collected at these points.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

That's a shame about the roads. That little pump contraption you have made looks great.  :)

embx61

Thanks @elemental

I got the idea the pump from google. It is a chain/rope with discs attached to it and it goes in a loop so there is another wheel under the water but not visible in my mesh. On one side of the loop is a hollow tube were those discs go inside from the bottom at one end and so raising the water in a higher compartment.
I first tried the Archimedes screw but it was hard to model that screw part and when I had an acceptable screw the poly count was way to high so looked for other ways how people did it in medieval times and found out about the disc lift pump.

Not sure, but I think RedKetchups City Roads can have roads underneath it so fast travel is possible. Most of the irrigation channels are adapted from his code so no clue why it not works with my channels.
Maybe I go a bit too deep with the hole. But looking at his mesh it I am only like 0.4 deeper with my hole at the top part of the hole in the mesh.

I also double checked his hole and they are exactly 100cm wide, long, and deep, just as mine.

Maybe Red knows why it not works.

elemental

If there was some way that you could make the stone parts roads, that would be very good. But I understand that Banished is weird and some things just don't work the way we would like them to.

embx61

Hard to see in the picture but the side walks are made of wood :)

If this all works out I later going to make a stone one too :)

Maybe Red knows how to do the road stuff. But maybe I went too deep with digging although the difference with Reds City Roads is quite small.
His are like -25cm at the top of the hole and mine something like -29cm.
I followed his Template files closely but still if I put a road down it raises the water. :(

RedKetchup

your irrigation is 3 tiles width ?
your stone part can be made "101" with 1 = normal fast faster as usual and the other part ".#." so people can make a road under the stone parts

and if it raise your center part, what you can do is make your irrigation only 2 tile width with the graphic 3 tiles width. your the stone part a bit more to center to cover eventual raised ground (or have your stone part half a tile longer to cover half a water tile each side and still go up yo the end of the road tile. your graphic would end at 4 tiles width)

embx61

Total irrigation is 3 tiles width - 300cm. 100cm walkway 100cm water and 100cm walkway and is indeed _#_ or will be .#. if road works.

It raises the middle part about half if a road is build under one walkway.
If road is build on the other side the total water (Center) is raised.

I already tried to make the walkways a bit wider (3cm each) to warts the centers but it still raises the water tiles if road is build under the walkways.

So if I understand it right I have to make the irrigation 4 tiles wide? So .##. and let the walkways go about half a tile cover the water to warts the inside?

I not understand the 2 tile width with the graphic 3 tiles width part.

RedKetchup

yeah i see what you mean, i did a little mesh to see in game. if the 2 road (one each side) are only seperated by 1 tile , it level up the center tile.

i am checking for a solution

embx61

What works is as a sort of workaround for those who want faster roads is that they first put the road down and then build my Irrigation on top of the roads.

So they build road X0X for a 1 straight irrigation. X= road tile and 0 is just plane banished ground.
I know that can be a bit of a pain in the neck but so far the only thing I see without making the channels too wide. (4tiles)

I just checked that and that seem to work. I guess the road is build and then with my hole I just push the road somewhat down but still get it's functionality I should think.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on June 07, 2017, 10:41:23 PM
What works is as a sort of workaround for those who want faster roads is that they first put the road down and then build my Irrigation on top of the roads.

So they build road X0X for a 1 straight irrigation. X= road tile and 0 is just plane banished ground.
I know that can be a bit of a pain in the neck but so far the only thing I see without making the channels too wide. (4tiles)

I just checked that and that seem to work. I guess the road is build and then with my hole I just push the road somewhat down but still get it's functionality I should think.

yeah i know. thats also what i suggest with City Roads.

but as stupid as it sounds you can also set the setpath = faster so it wont need a road. but if you do a "_#_ "  they will use the center of the canal as a road . bannies are silly ^^
but if you do the opposite  "#_#" they will tend to use the edges. since the # becomes the =faster. but nothing prevent them to cross it though if they want to do it. unless you use the ghosted invisible wall in center over the water.

CreatePlacedDescription createplaced
{
PathBits _placeBits = Normal | Obstacle;

int _width = 3;
int _height = 3;
int _footprintRotation = 0;

PathBits _placeBitArray
[
Normal | Obstacle,
Normal | Obstacle | Fast | Faster,
]
String _placeBitmap =
"000
000";

ComponentDescription _allowAndRemove = "Template/Clear.rsc";
}

MapDescription map
{
PathType _pathType = Faster;
String _pathBitmap =
"###
___
###";

bool _addToOverhead = true;
Color _mapColor = 0xFF545454;
}

the thing is really go faster like a stone road

embx61

I just reread your thread about city roads and there you say that roads have to be build first to make them faster as building them on top of your will raise the ground.
I will re download your city roads and do a test

If that is so I understand it won't work for a 3 tile wide with a hole so I am afraid unless the irrigation channels become to wide (I think 3 tiles is really the maximum for just irrigation channels) with hardly a gameplay purpose besides decoration and some water collection.

I guess I finish it up for now. Release tomorrow as a BETA and maybe still something can be figured out but I tried so many things already that I am afraid it will not work with 3 tile wide pieces.
Luke's road also raising the tile next to it seems and that is why it won't work.

RedKetchup

try what i said before your post though to see if it would work that way

embx61

Just loaded your city roads and indeed it raises the ground there too :(

So two options. Just do as you did with city roads and players first have to put the road down and then the Irrigation on top. With a bit of planning should not be too hard so I personally opt for that. Or go with the faster in the template like you explained but that means they have to place a bunch of ghosted invisible walls or the Bannies  who are indeed silly as they are go for a swim rather then a walk LOL.

Thanks for thinking a long Red :)
Most players at least understand that not everything is possible with the mod kit in current state.