News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: brads3 on June 30, 2017, 08:20:46 AMit should not do anything to the mini map

Yeah, that mini map problem is as old as Banished...  :(  I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with mods.

Long time ago I tried all kinds of things - but it's hard to test, because once a map is loaded, the mini map is sort of persistent... any changes to graphic effects, DX version and so on will only show when loading a complete new map...

---

* on a different note - currently I'm more offline than online... my ISP is totally crazy, I'm lucky if I get one hour connect in a day...  >:(

Also Berlin has been hit by storms and HEAVY rains (like 200 liters per square meter) for several days, everything is flooded or washed out... people are swimming in the streets - literally! Well, it's "summer", after all  ???

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Thanks for clarifying the mini map issue @Paeng

Hope your ISP is fixing the issue and that Berlin get some much needed sunshine :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on June 30, 2017, 04:39:12 PMBerlin

It's crazy here, I never saw anything like it (in Berlin)  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR_3PLH6yx8
(see the guy swimming at 00:50 LOL)

All that water - just from rain, it's not a river going over or such...

elemental

Quote from: Paeng on June 30, 2017, 04:32:21 PM

Also Berlin has been hit by storms and HEAVY rains (like 200 liters per square meter) for several days, everything is flooded or washed out... people are swimming in the streets - literally! Well, it's "summer", after all  ???

Swimming in floodwater is crazy!  ???  How hot does it get in summer in Berlin? I hear about all these heatwaves in Spain, France, England. Hope you aren't getting any of that.

Paeng

Quote from: elemental on June 30, 2017, 05:18:16 PMHow hot does it get in summer in Berlin?

Normally we don't get that much heat - at the height of summer we get temps in the 30's (Celsius), so quite bearable... Lately we had a short spell closing in on 40°C - then the rain started.

But then, what's "normal" these days?  :D
Last few years weather conditions are upside down and totally unpredictable... Last year we even had (smallish) tornados, something most people here only know from american movies   ;)

RedKetchup

we got that here like 3 months ago at spring. it never stop to rain and all the winter snow were smelting.... all rivers and the St-Lawrence seaway were flooding...
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

The Pilgrim

Last year we had so much rain that people's swimming pools were popping out of the ground from the water pressure. At one point we had individual storm totals of 21,13 and 9 inches.

Abandoned

Where are you @The Pilgrim ?

So much rain here this spring, I couldn't get my garden planted, getting worse every year, worst year yet.  Tomato and cucumbers in pots, and beans in garden may be like bannie's crops, frost might get them before we do.

The Pilgrim

I am in Florida. That came from a hurricane, a tropical storm and the biggest one was a system that sat over us dumping rain for almost 3 weeks. I felt like I should have been building an ark

Abandoned

ah, Florida.  We've been feeling lucky up here in Wisconsin because we've been missing a lot of the worst storms, tornados keep getting closer and more frequent.  But bad enough, pouring rain, wind, hail, one day 90 degrees next day 50 or 60.  An ark not a bad idea  :)

embx61

Had some problems with the Pivot points but with the help from RedKetchup I made it work.

Ghosting is different then just placing regular stuff on the map as the width and height are both set to 0 in the template files.

But it is all working now, thanks Red :)

elemental supplied me with some edited textures by him for the water.
It already looked better then the darker blue I used and I even tried green but it was too close to the grass terrain in Banished and looked a bit odd in the gutters.

Then I read a post by RedKetchup in his Valley thread were he added new terrain. He layered two textures on top of each other and used opacity.
I used the toned down water texture from elemental and overlaid it with another texture supplied by him and set opacity of that texture to 70.

The result is not bad at all IMHO and looks way better then the harsh blue.

The Archimedes screw have running water coming out of it. Sadly because of the scale it is hard to see but it gives me ideas to make waterfalls in the game :)

Now all is working all I have to do is to use the old brownish texture for the banks and so two variations of bank colors are available.

I not going to F key those as with F key it switches every time to the other texture and it can be a bit of a pain to place pieces with the same texture and mixing then up just look plain ugly because of the straight intersection lines where the pieces meet each other.

I doing it like Red has done with his Canals. Each texture variant on it's own toolbar.

Hope to release the new Beta version later today or tomorrow morning.
I need a couple more Icons so some icons are double till Paeng can make me some :)

I need one Icon for the grass to make it more inline with the plants icon. Then I need one Icon for the screw, the icon for the gutters sub toolbar and that should be it as I recycle the other icons on their own toolbars.

RedKetchup

embx61

Thanks Red :)

I just made the box at the screw 0.5 smaller a you suggested, moved it a bit, and that did the trick :)

I personally think the water looks way better too as it is more grayish then the harsh blue but of course opinions can differ from player to player.
Never thought of a overlay and play with opacity :)

I cannot do more then some basic stuff in Photoshop like putting several textures together in 1 texture and play with hue, saturation, etc. settings, but that is about it.

I just copied my mesh with all the Channel pieces and deleted all the gutter parts as I not change the texture on those.

Now have to attach the new texture to the pieces and do some copy/paste and renaming the files in the Models folder for that texture.

Then add another toolbar for the new texture variant and it should be ready for Beta.

RedKetchup

we are still learning every day :)

embx61

Yes, Modding is a constant learning process.

The old channels used wood as building requirement. There is hardly any wood in these channels besides the pumps, bridges, connectors, gate.

I was thinking of just add 1 wood for all the pieces except the bridges, pumps and increase the work cycles a bit.

The 1 wood is used for the lining out of the channels (They used wooden spikes and boards attached to those spikes to measure depth and width) so it make sense to use 1 wood. Digging is a hard labor activity without machines so to increase the work cycles sounds right too.

I not going over board but was thinking in the range of 16 to 20 work cycles?