News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on July 29, 2017, 03:11:01 AMa quarry and a mine.

I like the "Tiny" ones by Kid - small footprint, 4-man affairs with a small output... just enough to get you through hard times, until you can import or find other ways...  :)

Anyway, this set is coming out really cool - I love the vanilla charme it still has, and the various thatched roofs now really mix and blend so well, with so much more variety...  ;D

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Thanks @Paeng.

I have to say though that is your blog images and the blogs from players like @Abandoned, @Nilla, @brads3 you all share with us what give us modders the creativity and drive to keep going.

And then of course not to forget the several ideas (Some with posted images as how something can look), the feedback, request's from the community as a whole. :)

Without the community as a whole modding would never be what it is currently :)

Without the request for a boarding house I never would have thought to replace about all of Vanilla :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

@embx61 modders and bloggers go hand in hand, can't have one without the other. :)  And you know how we players like variety and you have given us another nice set, thank you.

Do I understand correctly you are thinking of another version with warmer wood texture?  The roof style reminds be of the Japanese Shrine mod, there is also a Japanese House, one is a school and one a boarding house.  Are you still considering adding a smaller rooming house?  A few smaller ones placed around the map would get uneducated workers closer to locations you want them to be, also makes earlier construction possible.  Just a few thoughts.  :)

embx61

@Abandoned

Yes, I still considering a second warmer wood texture and a different thatched roof as F key variants so the mod stays rather small as I only have to add 1 texture with the warmer colors (That is the reason I combined and rearrange some textures as I already planned a warmer theme but some wood/roof parts where on 3 different textures and now combined on 1 so I only have to copy that texture and then add the different color textures to it  :) ) and as the game uses the same meshes it will only add about 2 to 3 megs total as the added code is minimal.

A smaller boarding house I will add too when the first stage is done. So after Blacksmith, tailor and Tavern are added.

Abandoned

@embx61 oh, I like f-key variants rather than having to pick one or the other and then switching mods.  That will be very nice with this set, will be able to use one at start of map and the other later on or vice versus.  Will look forward to next stage also.  :)

embx61

Working for a little bit on the natural Irrigation Channels to load myself up to finish the Herbalist.

I changed the water texture of the Above Ground Irrigation so it matches the Natural one. Will upload a new version of the Above ground shortly.

I added two pipe pieces. 1 connector what is the first piece to use at the gutters and a 1x pipe piece what can be attached together to reach a building where it will go through the wall so it looks like a pipe is running through the wall.

Working on a second Archimedes Screw so it can also be placed directly at the river or lake so that gutters can be run from there without the Irrigation channels.

embx61

Version 17005 of the Above Ground Irrigation is uploaded.

The water texture is the same as the Natural Irrigation system.

Version 17005 of the Natural Irrigation is uploaded as well.
Added a Archimedes screw piece which can be placed at the river lake so Gutters can be used without the Irrigation Channels.

Added a Gutter Connector pipe which can be connected to the side of a gutter piece and a 1x lenght pipe what can be used to connect from the Gutter Connector inside a building so it looks like the pipe is going through the wall in the building.

Now going back after a little break to the Herbalist of the Village Set :)

Savidan

You upload them on a secret cloud ?  ::)

embx61

What do you mean @Savidan?

I upload here on WoB and a link to Google Drive as Alternate download.

They should be in the 1.07 Mods download section.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=316

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=295

Savidan

Ok mistake from me then. I write 'Irrigation' in the search bar and i Get "Irrigation Ground 25 June" I did not know there was different one.

Yeaaaaah, one more game to try that :)

[Edit] water management is really missing in the core game" they should had something like a % of efficiency if crops had waters and by the way an other variable for fertilizer.

embx61

No problem :)

The ground Irrigation was the second set I created after the Above ground one.

But since the Natural Irrigation is finished (Still some little stuff added later but is fully functional) I not plan to do anything with the Ground Irrigation anymore as it is redundant.

So two sets Above ground and Natural in the ground. The Natural Set has two connector pieces so it is possible to make connections from Above Ground to Natural both ways. (Up and Down)

While I am typing this the Herbalist is about finished. Only do the build stages and AO mapping and that one is done as well.
Just a little building 5x4 Including road :)

Then redo the toolbar so it become a themed set and I upload later tonight or tomorrow version 17005 of the Village set :)

The Tailor, Blacksmith, and tavern I will start some time tomorrow.

EDIT: Yeah, water was not at all in the game. But sadly we cannot do anything with Orchards/crop fields to fertilize it and/or give water.
So Irrigation is for the most part decoration but have reservoirs to get water.
Some end pieces work like the Vanilla well so Bannies can use it to put out fires.

But that is all what I can do with them game play wise.

Paeng

Quote from: Savidan on July 29, 2017, 03:34:32 PMI did not know there was different one.

Yeah, the download section can be a bit confusing  :)

You could always check this list for an up2date overview -
https://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/new-editor-s-choice-banished-1-0-7beta-t395.html

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on July 29, 2017, 02:39:22 AM
For what it's worth, I think you are approaching this in exactly the correct way.  We have a great many amazing mods available that do amazing and extensive things, but there really aren't any (besides CC) that completely mod the base game and you are doing that while sticking to the basic medieval theme of the game.  And you're doing it in a way that should be lightweight on older PCs.  Perfect, IMO.

you forgot NMT :)

NMT 2.04 was kinda ... big :) 269 MB
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Indeed Red :) NMT is a big mod and contain a lot of stuff.

Was busy all night (Could not sleep) and updated the Unified Mod as it was not updated for a while.
Unified Mod now contains everything I created so far except the Above Ground Irrigation and the Small Village Set.

Those will be added in the near future. All the copy and pasting of the links from all the Irrigation pieces Template files started to drive me nuts so decided the Above ground had to wait :)

Just after I had updated Natural irrigation and Unified ( Talking about Murphy's law here  ;) ) wiscoke reported some bugs in the natural irrigation Channels. I located and fixed the bugs and found myself another one and all are fixed and uploaded yet new versions of Natural irrigation and the Unified Mod. Phew, that is out of the way.

Now on to finishing the Herbalist and I will release a next version of the Village Mod.

It is still missing 3 buildings (Tailor, Blacksmith, and tavern) but I will add those soon.

brads3

he good thing is the download section keeps the old files still. some are useful. it lists most mods in order by when they were added unless they have been recently upgraded.it is handy for new players to manually go down through the lists even the 1.06 mods. you might find other mods that will help design the game to your own style.