News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Thanks Red for confirming what I thought too.

We do nothing with the boat (We not even the mesh) besides putting a dummie in the trade port mesh called boat_001 and reference to the boat mesh in the files. That's all so it seem not logical by creating a trade port it creates a bug with the boat.

Sorry @Abandoned

I read over your post so thank you for confirming too it is a game glitch.
One thing less to worry about :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

the only thing i can maybe think you can try ... push away your boat dummy of like ... 0,25 tiles away from the dock to see if there is a change :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

What to do with the quarry when it run out of stone?

I can of course just leave the buildings as it is. Or delete the mesh completely but will leave a dug hole in the mountain or think about another solution.

How about this? Very small version of the Hanging Gardens.

Sadly we cannot give it another function so it is just decoration.

Yeah, the quarry belongs in the mountain but can be placed also on flat ground but not recommended as the back is just straight and it just looks better a bit dug in a mountain.
I placed it here because there is no mountain near by on this map and did not want the workers walk a mile to destroy it so placed it close to the village as test to see how it looks after the quarry is destroyed.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on August 17, 2017, 02:48:41 AM

How about this? Very small version of the Hanging Gardens.

whats about Petra ?  :D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

I vote for the Village themed set to remain separate. I don't mind the extra mouse clicks.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Paeng

Sorry, again late to the party...  :-[

My vote would also be to keep The Village as a separate themed set... to me it's the best "vanilla alternative" yet, and I'd love to see it maintained as exactly that  :)

* And sorry, but I won't believe for a second that you'll not come up with more set(s), in time...   ;)

Quote from: embx61 on August 17, 2017, 02:48:41 AMthe quarry belongs in the mountain

Tehehe... had me wondering there for a moment...  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

elemental

Just in case people are panicking, the village set will always be offered as a separate standalone mod but it will also be included in EB's unified mod. The toolbar/menu question is more of an issue for the unified version. When it comes to the standalone mod version I would suggest that keeping it as it is with its own toolbar button would be the best thing to do.

TheOtherMicheal

@embx61  Just to add to what Abandoned and Red mentioned about the Trader glitch, I've also had this happen with various traderposts and it was happening some time ago (earlier this year or late last year). In fact I only had about four or six of your mods installed and they were individual production buildings and the church so I agree that it is unlikely to be anything to do with your Village set.

embx61

Thanks @TheOtherMicheal

I even moved my dummie a little bit more into the water but it keeps happening so once in a while so I am pretty sure it is a game glitch.

It looks a bit odd but not the end of the world as it is at least not gamebreaking.
I even found a very old post from 2015 where someone had the glitch too and the Village Set was not created then so I am sure it is not the Village Set :)

embx61

I made a couple more roads and going to release version 17001 of the roads some later tonight or tomorrow :)

2 dirt roads, 3 wooden roads, and 8 stone roads so far so good enough for a first release.

Then finishing the quarry and the mine for the Village Set and do another release as well probably this weekend as it will be save compatible.

After that I slowly will start to create some of my production buildings from set 1 and 2 in the Village Set style.
As it are quite few buildings (About 15 I think) I will go slowly with some other stuff like ghosted covers mixed in.

The Production will be in a Village Set Addon Mod but will make use of the Themed toolbar so all stay together gameplay wise.

Tom Sawyer

I saw this boat glitch at vanilla trading posts as well. So I'm also sure it is not caused by mods.

elemental

More village themed buildings will be great. At some point perhaps some taller houses in the same style? Having different heights can greatly improve how a bunch of houses looks.

Also, any plans for an apiary/honey?

QueryEverything

@embx61 thank you for the answer about the roads :)  good news indeed!!  woohoo :D

Maybe one day someone will be inspired to do a polished marble, polished onyx and perhaps a very fine sand one :) 

As for the toolbar question, I like that the mods are now in the Modders toolbars, and where the mod has a theme that the mods buildings are all in the 1 place, in a theme - Kid has been marvellous with this, all his themed mods in their own toolbar spots.  I have problems navigating Red's Garden Walls mods and the other one he did where he placed the defence towers in 1 place, the other buildings in another and so on - there wasn't a fluid flow thru to the mod, which made it hard when there are many mods installed, to find a nice play ryhthm (the mods themselves are excellent, just for me the navigation felt stiff); so for me - definitely themes with multiple buildings, having them in a single toolbar would be ideal.

Modder toolbar/modder/themes/Village/ all the wonderful pieces - rather than 10-20 buildings scattered through the toolbar.

If I've misunderstood the question, don't mind me ... I'm still in the naughty corner anyway, lol.  haha
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

The Toolbar is always a bit cumbersome whatever approach is taken.
Also the players will have their own preferences.

Themed sets needs clicking a little bit more as the category items are doubled in the game but all is at one place under 1 themed button.

All the buildings under the categories under the Modders toolbar can mean lots of icons on that toolbar and indeed the sets would be scattered so either the Icons need to get a special hint so the player knows it belongs to a set or as elemental suggested and I probably going to do when I add the village set to Unified to make a village set button on all the categories and place the buttons for the buildings under those.

So EBtoolbar --> Food toolbar with all my food production buildings I modded so far and 1 extra village Food category button with all the food production buildings of the village set only under that button and so on.

Sand or dirt roads are the hardest to make many versions besides color changes. Because of the scale many roads will look about the same unless you want one sand grit to be as big as a baseball :)

It is because of the scale just a whole lot of little grains and hard to make them really different on the little scale of Banished.
There are not really patterns like wood or stone roads.

I will do some more dirt roads though but it will be the same texture but with some color changes some lighter and some darker versions.
Marble I will look into if I can find some nice seamless textures.

BTW, time to get out of that naughty corner :)

embx61

Uploaded version 17003 of the Roads.

Changed all the Toolbar Buttons so they have road images on them so players can see what kind of road they are want to build. I also added a remove road and cancel removal buttons on the Roads toolbar.

With that out of the way I changed a bit on the Quarry destroyed part.

The Quarry when it get destroyed the bannies change it into a sort of water place with 2 statues and a waterfall.
As we sadly cannot assign another function like fishing spot so it is purely decoration.

Now working on the Mine for the Village set and when the mine is done I will upload a next version of the Village Set.
It should be save compatible.