Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Slink's Stacked Affordable Housing Version 2

Started by slink, November 14, 2014, 10:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Slink's Stacked Affordable Housing Version 1

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=32

Ever wanted to be a slumlord in Banished?  Three houses stacked on one 4 x 4 lot, with only four residents allowed in each, provides you with your opportunity.  The houses look a bit rundown, but people move in anyway.

Version 2 has the proper floors so that the residents climb the ramps and stand on the porches.  They also take death-defying leaps to the ground, fly to the top, and leap from ramp to ramp.  It has amusement value.

Kimbolton

I really like these. I'm using them in my current game and they are fun to place. Thanks!

slink

Version 2 has the proper floors so that the residents climb the ramps and stand on the porches.  They also take death-defying leaps to the ground, fly to the top, and leap from ramp to ramp.  It has amusement value.

thelly

:D Thanks slink happiness comes with your funny little houses. I am enjoying your work in my game thankyou

Nilla

Quote from: slink on November 18, 2014, 12:00:10 PM

I´ve noticed this, too. It looks really funny. I like these houses. Until now, it is the only houses I have built in my speed-game. Very pleasant that there is no need for stones!

One question. How much firewood do these drafty sheds use? I build woodcutters without ending and there is seldom enough of it (yes I have uneducated, from time to time tool-less people, that migh explain why) but still I want to know.

slink

They use a value in between the wooden and stone houses.  I figured they are not as efficient as the stone houses, but they are smaller than the wooden houses.

Nilla

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on November 22, 2014, 12:46:48 PM
They use a value in between the wooden and stone houses.  I figured they are not as efficient as the stone houses, but they are smaller than the wooden houses.

The upper floors would get some heat from the lower floor as well.  ;)

irrelevant

And the cold air pouring down from the uninsulated attic.  ;)

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on November 24, 2014, 08:21:09 AM
And the cold air pouring down from the uninsulated attic.  ;)

When I lived in California I thought the whole point of insulation in the attic was to keep the house cooler in the Summer. I had a lot to learn when I moved to Canada.  ::)

In many older houses in these parts that were once heated by wood or coal stoves, there are still openings in the lower story ceiling/upper story floor that was how the upper story was heated. I can only imagine how cold it must have been on a Winter morning for the person who had to re-build the fire.

QueryEverything

Hiya, has Slink left the WoB, gone, gone?
I love her houses and use them in my forester villages, I wanted to see if she was still doing mods.

Cheers.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

i do use several of her mods. and no i havent seen her on at all.

RedKetchup

last time she has been online is August 31, 2016
she said she* had alot of problem with the forum, taking an eternity to load.....

since then ... without are totally without news :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Thank you @brads3 & @RedKetchup

Such a shame!  If I could retexture I most definitely would to renew these houses a bit.

I build small outpost settlements, all buildings are 2x2 (+road, & 2 buildings are 3xX) and I have found that her buildings suit the space and the feel for the outposts.

I use a number of mods, mostly those in MegaMod my favourite is the 'Tiny' compilation by @kid1293 .   I would love to see a new set of small buildings, for a small jungle / treed community. 
I have the story arc that the pre-builders, heading to the next section of open land, terraforming and setting up provisions for the new settlement, in this case they are amassing resources and building a small community to get ready for the large farming community boom that will happen.  In image 23 they are setting up for the mining community that is going to arrive.

@slink houses are terrific for my logging team, they fit the story line, and the height etc, but I would like to have a few more options. 

Still, she may have left, but her work will live forever :D

(I am having trouble uploading my screenshots, I will do so later)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]