News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-going south to Egypt

Started by Nilla, September 10, 2019, 08:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

NILLA,i feel partly responsable for your tree issues. i mentioned to RED about making changes to trees for the RKEC mod. now the trees dont die as often but they overgrow maps quickly. in the process of fixing 1 thing,something got bumped and others got effected.i have gardeners in my villages who  work to control the regrowth.

i mentioned the African mod sets because @taniu had asked about them. i agree with you on testing a mod without adding others. that is needed to find problems and glitches. plus i appreciate the work you do to help with production balances.

if iron was needed, it can be added very easily.there are numerous mods that will do that.we have been using iron ore and smelting it to iron a long time. but there are still mine mods that work to give iron as an output.

from my experience with CC, RED coud change the trees that the vanilla forester plants to the African style trees. that will not override any modded foresters. so if you use a mini forester or otheryou wil get vanilla trees or those from the mod that you add. the only modder who might be able to do otherwise is TOM. he has his own lockout system of mod coding.

i'm sure RED has many ideas of what he wants to try with this mod. it is a huge project. i hope it inspires @angainor88  to make more mods. he has his own style. it is always neat to see what different modders come up with for new toys.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on September 13, 2019, 09:23:42 AM
      i'm sure RED has many ideas of what he wants to try with this mod. it is a huge project. i hope it inspires @angainor88  to make more mods. he has his own style. it is always neat to see what different modders come up with for new toys.

i agree that @angainor88 's work is so valuable because that, it is unique.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I wouldn´t say there´s a tree issue. Just a bit too dense forest for my taste; also without any forester working around. And if you look at @irrelevant´s testing; the vanilla forester plants the right trees, so it´s already changed. I was only trying a mod that wasn´t adapted to the surroundings. That´s no big deal because I haven't needed a forester to plant.

In any case, I decided to start a new game in an Upper Nile Valley. It looks very nice but it´s also difficult to build something that looks realistic at such a ground. Anyway; I gave it a try and so far I´m pleased with the result.

I´ve decided to use @angainor88´s Maroccin buildings and also Kid´s new Mexican mod as well. Not everything will fit the Egyptian theme but some of it does.

First picture
Overview. You can see a few not Egyptian buildings here and there and I´ve tried to hide the necessary vanilla buildings as good as possible in the dense forest.

Second picture
A close up on my initial village and the irrigation system. It wouldn´t have been possible to grow anything in these surroundings without efficient irrigation. I think the Egyptians had a more sophisticated technic but the Mexican irrigation from Kid looks really nice; you can even see a few donkeys here and their carrying water to refill the barrels. Can you believe it? Me, decorating!  ;D

No one can claim this combination of mods being hard to play in a surviving aspect; look at all the labourers. As we all know, farming is very high productive and unless you forget to micromanage the farmer, you´ll rarely lose anything, the gatherers collect more than 1000 food each, the fisher almost the same. I even had to close that water barres from @kid1293, it produced 990 water last year. There´s also more export goods than there are goods to buy.  We can concentrate on development.

Third picture

The start of a new town centre. Maybe I will build some nomad attractor. 

brads3

NILLA mixing mods?  has the world gone crazy?

RedKetchup

not sure if the forest are more dense.... the thing is, one model has its leaves made like an umbrella. and the umbrella cover all the tile and maybe a bit more... i always found the trees in banished are way too small to compare houses and compare the citizens...

but i still need to check how they grp up. maybe there is not enough noise.. or noiseCutOff

// placement
float _noisePersistance = 1.0;
float _noiseOctaves = 5.0;
float _noiseScale = 38.0;
float _noiseCutoff = 0.64; // plus chiffre proche 0.99 moins il y en a sur la map
float _spawnChance = 0.05;

bool _groupModels = true;
float _groupPersistance = 1.0;
float _groupOctaves = 1.0;
float _groupScale = 5.0;
float _groupCutOff = 0.5;
int _groupRandom = 5;

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on September 14, 2019, 01:41:17 AM
I wouldn´t say there´s a tree issue. Just a bit too dense forest for my taste; also without any forester working around. And if you look at @irrelevant´s testing; the vanilla forester plants the right trees, so it´s already changed.

And I don't understand how this is. We both are using the same Beta 2....aren't we?

Nilla

Yes, we are but I used the small forester from Kid´s Forest Outpost and that makes the difference. I have seen the same with other main mods that change the kind of trees. A "foreign" forester may stick to the trees he´s used to, no matter what the main mod says.

Nilla

You may be right @RedKetchup, these trees that look like fig trees (without fruit, however) are really like umbrellas. In areas where there are mainly other trees, it doesn´t look as dense. However I would find it nice and realistic if trees grew slower and spread less fast in a surrounding like this, it wouldn´t make all too much trouble either since everything needs fewer logs than usual.

I did mention, that I find it pretty easy to play with this combination of mods. It wasn´t a complain, not every mod need to bring a struggle of survival. But you know me, I like it that way, and I did find a way to make also this game to a struggle. It hasn´t much to do with testing the RotP mod, but it made a lot of fun.

First picture
Here they are; trouble on their way. ;)

Second picture
I ordered 50% nomads, not 80% of my population. All my 6 impressive boardinghouses weren't enough to give all these people shelter.

Third picture

I wasn't sure if this would work.

Fourth picture
But it did work; a period with very little food, another with very little tools but many hands cleared enough ground to make new fields. The merchant brought the ordered bronze tools and the settlement survived.

Fifth picture
There was (and is) a lack of building materials; periods with no stones and/or too few mud bricks and mud, so we are still behind in building houses. And there were no stones left to finish the ground of the "ceremonial area". The statues are impressive; so far, the limestone that you need for them couldn´t be used for anything else, so the statues stand, the ground, however, need some "finishing".

I have noticed @RedKetchup that if you are using the "clear almost all" button; you clear all ores and all normal stones but no limestone. I don´t know if this is intentional but I would find it good if also limestone would be included here. You can´t always see it when the forest has grown thick and is easy to forget the limestone if you use that button to clear all valuable "stuff" from an area.

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on September 15, 2019, 04:22:30 AM
I have noticed @RedKetchup that if you are using the "clear almost all" button; you clear all ores and all normal stones but no limestone. I don´t know if this is intentional but I would find it good if also limestone would be included here. You can´t always see it when the forest has grown thick and is easy to forget the limestone if you use that button to clear all valuable "stuff" from an area.
The "collect stone" button will find the limestone, after you use "clear almost all", limestone should be the only thing left that this button will highlight.

RedKetchup

it is already started to give an egyptiam feel :)

angainor88