News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hide items

Started by assobanana76, March 09, 2015, 06:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chon Waen

Though I don't agree with vegans' philosophy regarding animals personally, at least they are consistent with it.  Individual vegans vary, and as long as they don't try to make their housecat vegan, I'm like "whatever floats yer boat".

And yes, I have heard about an extreme vegan trying to make her cat a vegan as well.  I think the technical term for it was "Starving the Poor Thing"!

assobanana76

Quote from: Chon Waen on March 13, 2015, 01:39:12 PM
Though I don't agree with vegans' philosophy regarding animals personally, at least they are consistent with it.  Individual vegans vary, and as long as they don't try to make their housecat vegan, I'm like "whatever floats yer boat".

And yes, I have heard about an extreme vegan trying to make her cat a vegan as well.  I think the technical term for it was "Starving the Poor Thing"!
I don't have cats!  ;D
and in any case I would not dream of turning carnivorous animals in vegans!!  :-\
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

i am sorry but....

i am a carnivorous human, and proud to be ^^

the 2 most beautiful scent in this universe is the smell of coffee and the smell of bacon :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

A Nonny Moose

Homo sapiens is an omnivorous creature.  How long one can survive on a vegan diet is a matter of unproven speculation and the parameters of the diet.  Are there any animal products in use?  If not, what is your source of protein (tofu? Quinoa?) and is it complete?  Fats?  Carbs in general?  Are you sure you are getting enough trace elements?  One believes that ocean animals are also excluded.

I hope you are aware that five pounds of uncooked spinach (salad) is a lethal dose of oxalic acid.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

assobanana76

we could discuss hours nutrition homo sapiens but do not think is the right place ..
regarding my diet is balanced by a vegan diet prescribed by a doctor where I went at the beginning of my choice.
without wishing to be controversial, I think the damn of an omnivorous diet are under everyone's eyes, thinking of the diseases caused by the excessive consumption of meat, fat, etc ..

(not sure of the translation of my words)
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

A Nonny Moose

As a sort of envoi from us omnivores, the whole point of a good diet is the Greek motto "Nothing in excess".  Balance is everything, and it is important to avoid overdoing any dietary item while making sure you are balanced.  As a diabetic, I assure you this is a very delicate balancing act.

assobanana76

I agree with that saying but I choose to believe that certain foods should be avoided because it is not suited to our body.
and who writes to you has spent 34 years on 38 to eat meat and fish having 90% of the values ​​of the blood out of the media.
in the last four years I no longer had a value that was not perfect.
maybe it's just an illusion that will last a few more years, but why should I make a U-turn back now?
I also passed the initial period in which every vegan tries to change his whole world of knowledge by converting many people as possible.
Now I am at peace with myself and my choice.

A Nonny Moose

Well, as my French friends say:- chacun a son goût.

I've been an omnivore for some months past 77 years, and I think I am too old to change ways now.

Brathaehnchen

[offtopic]

Vegans are strange people  ;D ~ lol ~
As RedKetchup has already written: The smell of fried bacon is one of the most beautiful things that exist on this planet.  8)
But everyone should live as he sees fit.

assobanana76

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on March 16, 2015, 04:04:25 PM
Well, as my French friends say:- chacun a son goût.

I've been an omnivore for some months past 77 years, and I think I am too old to change ways now.
for this reason I said that is no longer my battle to make change idea to people.  ;D

Rayden

I prefer my own way, the body asks for what it needs. I can have one day where I feel like not having carbo or fat and eat just salads and fruits, but the next day my body asks for something more caloric or protein and I have a proper meal with meat. Like in winter or summer, the body asks for more or less sugar. I rarely eat a cake or something sweet during Summer but in Winter looks like my body cries for that extra sugar. And I hate excesses :)

Nilla

Everyone should eat what's right for him or her. It's alright to eat meat! It's alright to be a vegan!

Personally I don't like industrial food. I try to avoid it, if I can and I am lucky to live at the country with neighbours who have small family farms, where we can buy meat and potatoes. Other neighbors have hens and bees as hobby at their backyard and we buy eggs and honey from them. I have a big garden, where i grow some vegetables (not so much as I used to, because I am quite sick and cannot do much work any more). Familymembers hunt and go fishing. I love to go to the forest to pick berries and mushrooms. So we try to eat like the Bannies ;)

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on March 17, 2015, 05:29:15 AM
Everyone should eat what's right for him or her. It's alright to eat meat! It's alright to be a vegan!

Personally I don't like industrial food. I try to avoid it, if I can and I am lucky to live at the country with neighbours who have small family farms, where we can buy meat and potatoes. Other neighbors have hens and bees as hobby at their backyard and we buy eggs and honey from them. I have a big garden, where i grow some vegetables (not so much as I used to, because I am quite sick and cannot do much work any more). Familymembers hunt and go fishing. I love to go to the forest to pick berries and mushrooms. So we try to eat like the Bannies ;)
it seems that you live in a real beautiful place !!!
trust me .. you are really lucky!
I live in a big city just a few miles from an incinerator!
I tried to cultivate a "garden in the balcony" (cucumbers, carrots, potatoes, peas ..) but then we have not even found the courage to taste the vegetables that I have produced.

A Nonny Moose

Trust your balcony grown stuff.  Plants are good at filtering out toxins.

assobanana76

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on March 17, 2015, 08:32:06 AM
Trust your balcony grown stuff.  Plants are good at filtering out toxins.
also that of an incinerator??
they burn all and all go in air!