News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

I think the game is trying to tell me something...

Started by Chon Waen, March 10, 2015, 03:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chon Waen

I finished up laying out my latest art project utilizing @RedKetchup 's Decorative Items Mod and this is what I saw:

Bobbi

Chon Waen

And now, my reveal for my first large "art" project for a settlement:

The Grand Square of St. Peckerthud!

The Grand Square is to be the centerpiece of the town of St. Peckerthud, otherwise known as the "The City of Cherries and Peaches"
Occupying an area of 2500 tiles (50x50), the Grand Square contains 40 fountains, over 200 statues, and over 1400 eternal cherry and peach trees!
Begun in the year 26 B.E., The square took approximately 7 years to construct, utilizing up to 72 builders at some points in the building process.

As you can see, the Square is quite majestic, regardless of season!

Chon Waen

On a personal note after the reveal and construction:

While overall its not a bad first effort, I think it needs several tweaks for it to be as good as it can be.
First off, in my own eye, its majestic, but seems ostentatious.
I think if I can add flowerbeds in certain areas rather than all the fountains and statues, it will give the space a more elegant feel to it.  As is, its a bit overwhelming.
Secondly, it wasn't until after the building process was well underway that I found the peach trees to be overpowering the cherry trees.  Since the peach trees are larger, they occupy more space, and it shows.  I am not sure if I should reverse the pattern and keep the peach trees, or swap the peaches out for plums, making the town of St. Peckerthud "The City of Cherries and Plums".

Finally, I want to point out the biggest joke of the thread:
St. Peckerthud is actually named after someone most of us know and love here, that person is already in on the joke, so its up to the rest of you to figure out who its named for, and to prove your claim with evidence!!!

Jonarus_Drakus

I know! I know!

A:
Peckerthud is an anagram of Redketchup! Pretty obvious once you drop the "St." at the start. After that the combination of letters is pretty obvious.

~JD

PS: I would've put it under a 'spoiler' tab thingy, but I don't know how to do that on this forum... Mod/admin edit?

Chon Waen

Yup, without him, the square wouldn't be.

Unfortunately, i can't figure out any better anagram for RK. He is most definitely a banishim saint tho.

Nilla

Ingenious! I like Peckerthud, sounds like an original Banished settlement name, better than Thurpedeck, Cheerupkud, Phedertuck.............

And the contributions to our favourite modder couldn't be too many. ;)

RedKetchup

sorry, i would never known it if someone wouldnt have told me !
if i see and read 'Peckerthud' my brain cannot notice at all you can find all the letters for wording 'redketchup' in that. i dont have that kind of 'brain' or at least, it is not its speciality ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Chon Waen

RedKetchup

but Cheerupkud is wrong :P there is no "T" inside like ke't'chup

there is a too many 'u' : Chetrepkud ? Trechepkud ? Chetepkrud ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

A Nonny Moose

How about redupketch?  Not very difficult, and somewhat aquatic.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/