News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Dont Need Herbs?

Started by Trizeropz, March 18, 2015, 07:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trizeropz

hey i just saw this an hour ago and wondering why its like that. dont i need anymore herbs because i have nice variation with food or is that a bug?:D

rkelly17

Quote from: Trizeropz on March 18, 2015, 07:27:58 AM
hey i just saw this an hour ago and wondering why its like that. dont i need anymore herbs because i have nice variation with food or is that a bug?:D

In my experience herb usage is normally pretty low. I usually only keep 200-300 and my herbalists almost never work. Balanced food is more important to health than herbs--herbs helping a bit in the early game before you can get all four categories: proteins, fruits, vegetables and grains. Even at the size of settlement you have I'd say you now have enough herbs to last a long time--or you could try trading them, though not all traders will take them in trade. There is an anomaly in the game regarding herbs: even before you start producing herbs citizens will "visit the herbalist." Not sure whether that has any long term effects or not.

RedKetchup

but herbs arent used also to help cure disease ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 18, 2015, 07:43:58 AM
but hearbs arent used also to help cure disease ?

Theoretically and according to the various developers' blogs. I think that the statement is that doctors use "concentrated herbs," but I think that is an abstract concept. Has anyone ever seen a doctor getting herbs and taking them to the hospital? And in an outbreak I've seen maybe 1 out of 1000 "visit the herbalist" rather than "visit the doctor." In games where I have an outbreak before I finish the hospital, everyone who gets sick "visits the doctor" by standing at their front doors and none of them "visit the herbalist."  ::)  So . . . .

Trizeropz

i dont think they help to cure diseases. i think they just help to prevent spreading of diseases. if i have 5/5 healthy its spreading much less than if i have 2/5 health. so with various food AND herbalist it doesnt spread that much. but i doesnt see a doctor going to herbalist either.
another question: whats does the doc do all day long? if no one is sick, does he stay in hospital or do he become a laborer?

rkelly17

Quote from: Trizeropz on March 18, 2015, 07:56:05 AM
i dont think they help to cure diseases. i think they just help to prevent spreading of diseases. if i have 5/5 healthy its spreading much less than if i have 2/5 health. so with various food AND herbalist it doesnt spread that much. but i doesnt see a doctor going to herbalist either.
another question: whats does the doc do all day long? if no one is sick, does he stay in hospital or do he become a laborer?

Though my settlements always have 5 hearts after I get grains and people who individually have 5 hearts get sick all the time. As to the doctor, I think mine tend to hang out at the hospital, though I do often see them going there at the beginning of an outbreak. I also see them going home to eat during outbreaks.

Trizeropz

Quote from: rkelly17 on March 18, 2015, 08:15:24 AM
I also see them going home to eat during outbreaks.

thug life doc:D

Nilla

As far as I have noticed; health, harts, herbs, herbalists have no influence at all on deceases.

If you have a balanced diet, the people need very little herbs. But I wouldn't sell any, you might need them later as the game grows. In a very big game things run a bit different, logistics gets more and more important. It isn't certain, that all corners of the map get a balanced diet later on, Than you might need the herbs (and herbalists in those corners)

chillzz

i usually don't even build a herbalist and keep a 5 heart rating
well, after an initial drop, due to hard conditions.

so i don't think you need herbs if you have enough variety in food.
of course, plenty of food too..   they'll eat herbs if you don't have enough regular food.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

marathon

A visit to a herbalist boosts hearts by 0.5 hearts.
Health affects reproduction, as I realised when I played Adam & Eve start in a mod.

Nilla

Quote from: marathon on March 23, 2015, 11:20:31 AM
Health affects reproduction, as I realised when I played Adam & Eve start in a mod.

Really? I've never noticed that. But I mostly have 4½-5 harts, so it could be hard to see. I have played Adam and Eve twice and at that start the harts of the origanal people go down real bad, but as far as I could see, they had children as usual.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on March 23, 2015, 01:20:45 PM

Really? I've never noticed that. But I mostly have 4½-5 harts, so it could be hard to see. I have played Adam and Eve twice and at that start the harts of the origanal people go down real bad, but as far as I could see, they had children as usual.

but dont forget, the amount of hearts in the town window, is the sum and median of all your citizens overall health. to see it go up you need to select the Citizen which is going to herbalist and see health going up. it is 0.5 but you dont always see a progression cause the time he is going there,, the time he is waiting his infusion, his health go down by 0.0000x decimals

A Nonny Moose

I had a village that failed to reproduce.  It now occurs to me that I had allowed the health to drop and did not have an herbalist.  So, there seems to be an early requirement.  The village started dying off, so I scrubbed it.

For anyone who hasn't found this out, if you have a long save list and want it gone, you can release the Banished/Save directory (folder).  If you have a mix of towns on that directory, then you will have to do it from within the game.  I only run one village at once.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

chillzz

A visit to a herbalist boosts hearts by 0.5 hearts.
Really never noticed that at all. in the 100-challenge, my average health dropped way below 4 hearts (3 and for a short while even 2 1/2)  and they still procreated like banished bunnies..
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

should have set up 1 or 2 herbalist building :) with 1 worker each early in the game :) and make sure you ve got real meat ^^